PDA

View Full Version : Astra News

SmellyTofu
26th January 2004, 07:20 AM
TS ASTRA

* ASTRA ORDERING

Order close off for Astras in February 6, for Convertible, City and CD sedan and hatch ONLY. These vehicles will be April build, June arrival.

Please ensure that you use the latest Astra ordering guide when placing orders.

* ULTRA BLUE (4CU)

Please note that Ultra Blue (4CU) is not available for April build. It will be replaced from May build by Prestige Blue.

* 3-DOOR

Please note that the final shipments of 3 door vehicles are due to arrive in February.

* CD AUTO HATCH

We are experiencing demand exceeding supply for CD Auto hatch. There is currently no plant stock, we have increased the order volume, however we will not see the results of this increase until late February.

* CONVERTIBLE

The vessel carrying the latest batch of Convertibles has now arrived, and all vehicles will be processed by the end of January.

-------------------------------------------------------------
NEW MY04 ASTRA CONVERTIBLE COLOURS

The purpose of this Bulletin is to provide you with information regarding the new MY04 Astra Convertible colours. There are 2 new additions to this colour range:

· Sunrise Orange
· Sardinia Blue

Anonymous
26th January 2004, 07:28 AM
The Sunrise Orange Convertable sounds tempting :D

sijay
26th January 2004, 10:54 AM
http://www.opel.de/shop/cars/astracoupe/product/exterior/3XU/content.act

Looks kinda burnt - i would have called it rust more than sunrise! Wouldnt mind seeing one in the Mazda 3 orange?? would make for a good show car.

imay
27th January 2004, 07:20 AM
Hey Smelly, isn't the Sardinia Blue the same as the Breeze Blue we already have?And as nice as the Sunrise Orange sounds/looks, I reckon you'd soon get tired of seeing that color in the driveway every morning.
I'm still waiting for the day the Star Silver and red leather combo sits in my driveway. Ah, dreaming . . .
Any word on "special" models (i.e. optioned-up models) being released towards the end of the run? Or do we just get the plain Janes till the end?
Ian

01CDsedan
29th January 2004, 03:34 PM
TS ASTRA

* ASTRA ORDERING

Order close off for Astras in February 6, for Convertible, City and CD sedan and hatch ONLY. These vehicles will be April build, June arrival.

Please ensure that you use the latest Astra ordering guide when placing orders.

* ULTRA BLUE (4CU)

Please note that Ultra Blue (4CU) is not available for April build. It will be replaced from May build by Prestige Blue.

That doesn't make sense - orders for all the 3 doors have already closed, haven't they? So if the CD and City hatch/sedan have their last build dates in April, how can Prestige Blue be available from May? Is that just for the CDX then?

SmellyTofu
29th January 2004, 03:54 PM
The CDX will be discontinued in Mar 04 (build).. go see the sticky thread. 3 door (I think City spec) have been discontinued but I think in general the whole Astra range is being scaled down for retooling at the factory (I presume).

What they mean by closing is that there is a cut off for ordering before the next ordering window. CD and City 5 and 4 door will still be available after that cut off.

imay, not sure. Check the Opel site and see what colours is which. It maybe a similar colour but there are always differences when colour names change.

astra_city
30th January 2004, 02:49 AM
so smelly, do you have any idea when we'll be getting the all new Astra (H) in Australia? I've heard many different things, although most are saying towards the end of this year?

Doesn't worry me though...I just got a City hatch a couple of months ago that will do me for a few more years yet!

SmellyTofu
30th January 2004, 05:38 AM
No idea...... but the press does say at the end of this yr.

frankie9fingers
1st February 2004, 10:32 AM
saw a speil on opel on sbs yesterday about the new astra, too bad i cant understand german though....

SmellyTofu
1st February 2004, 11:04 AM
There are shows on Channel 31 (that community channel) that broadcast some car shows every week. But yeah.. we need a TV version of babblefish.

frankie9fingers
1st February 2004, 01:11 PM
yeah i know, but do u watch blokesworld after that? :shock:
www.blokesworld.com