PDA

View Full Version : Holden suspends astra imports....

Theo
25th April 2009, 11:34 AM
http://www.caradvice.com.au/29606/holden-suspends-astra-sales/#comments

Read and Cry!!!!

JR
25th April 2009, 11:58 AM
oh my!!!
guess holden is gonna b the 1st to go down afterall.
after that announcement, they've just nailed the last nail on their coffin.

hmmm.....maybe i should hang to my astra instead of selling it.

Hoya
25th April 2009, 12:47 PM
good bye holden you are total idiots

mania
25th April 2009, 02:21 PM
If my mother's Epica is anything to go buy, I don't see Holden lasting this one out.. I mean really, we already have Hyundai selling good cheap Korean built cars - there's no place for Daewoo in this market. At least once the general public realise it's just had a name change..

kabel
25th April 2009, 04:23 PM
HSV Daewoo anyone ?

hazrd
25th April 2009, 05:12 PM
HSV Daewoo anyone ?

LOL :lol:

At the same time Holden will launch the Korean-built Cruze in the next two months and has committed to spend $450 million moving into production late next year of further models based on the same Delta platform as the Cruze is built on.

poo... just.. poo.

has to make business sense for them? what about the end customer u money hungry bastards

bill142
25th April 2009, 05:23 PM
Smart business decision here. Cull your best selling model in favour of models you can't even give away.

BEK-46P
25th April 2009, 05:23 PM
Wow, that sux.

Luckily, I didn't have my heart set on the new Astra.

Having said that, I wonder how/if this business decision affects the street price of current model Astras.

Jeenous
25th April 2009, 06:10 PM
thats a shame indeed. I want to see how they decided it was best to can a small 4 cyl considerings todays economy people are lookn for 4cyls over 6's and 8 cylinder cars..

rjastra
25th April 2009, 09:21 PM
This has been reported before....

The move means that no Holden-badged Astras will be imported in April or May and the decision could become permanent, depending on a company review of the situation.

Did you guys miss the word "could" - lol

Good move to stop ordering cars when no one is buying them.

Hoya
26th April 2009, 01:15 AM
this is what i would do.
stop importing the current model and make a massive marketing buildup to the new one.
so people look and say "ARHH yes that will be my new car" when its released in 2010 people flock out to buy it.
they should do a what apple (mac) does whenever it releases a new product!

no one wants holdens shit (north) Korean cars, but maybe if they remove the astra from the market they can sell more, as usualy the astra was a few grand more then the korean ones so people didn't even bother deciding over a Korean one, they just said "YEP take the astra"

EL BURITO
26th April 2009, 07:17 PM
WTF

BYE BYE HOLDEN hello Dawoo

USC
27th April 2009, 01:04 AM
HSV Daewoo anyone ?

well...the VE already looks like a daewoo...

9090GO
27th April 2009, 06:23 AM
Its all about money!! Also atm holden don't sell enough new cars to make up their lost, might move to Germany so I can enjoy the Opel.

Red AH SRI T
29th April 2009, 09:33 AM
well...the VE already looks like a daewoo...

You say some of the most stupidest things..........but this takes the cake LOL

topgear
29th April 2009, 11:07 PM
You say some of the most stupidest things..........but this takes the cake LOL
Mmmmmm.... Cake :D

Lol, cmon not saying Daewoos are ugly (;)) but the Commodore looks better, way better.

rjastra
1st May 2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/6DE9FDCE5CA336A8CA2575A700181678

ASTRAY
1st May 2009, 02:14 PM
this is what i would do.
stop importing the current model and make a massive marketing buildup to the new one.
so people look and say "ARHH yes that will be my new car" when its released in 2010 people flock out to buy it.
they should do a what apple (mac) does whenever it releases a new product!

no one wants holdens shit (north) Korean cars, but maybe if they remove the astra from the market they can sell more, as usualy the astra was a few grand more then the korean ones so people didn't even bother deciding over a Korean one, they just said "YEP take the astra"

my thoughts exactly.
holden have mentioned before that they make less profit off the euro cars they import, than the cheap daewoo...
so, if they take away the "less profit" option, people who have their minds set on buying a small/meduim holden, will be forced to buy the "higher profit" daewoo.

Keep'emRunning
2nd May 2009, 03:34 PM
this is what i would do.

...works for volkswagen :)