PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a Euro-friendly garage - Logan area

Bloodnok
24th April 2009, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone,

I've just bought myself a Vauxhall Opel Holden Vectra (2002 V6 2.6L), and was rather surprised to find how much a service set me back here (well, it was the 120,000K service - no doubt no surprise to anyone on here that someone was offloading the car right before that one eh?). Being a Pommie I wasn't expecting it to be quite that expensive, as experience tells me that Vauxhalls are generally cheap cars to service.

Anyway, what I'm on the lookout for is a euro-friendly garage in the Logan area to take it to in future (south of Brisbane, but not as far down as the Gold Coast), and also a source of parts that isn't ridiculously expensive. I suspect part of the expensiveness was finding out the hard way that some garages don't like European cars...

It was missing one mudflap when I got it - and apparently Holden won't sell mudflaps for this car anymore. Never mind, one online transaction and about a week later I had a new set, complete with Gryphon logos on the packets. (Random thought: Does this tactic work for other parts too - and if so, where do you order them from, as I doubt anything more complicated would turn up on fleaBay...)

sooty
24th April 2009, 07:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I've just bought myself a Vauxhall Opel Holden Vectra (2002 V6 2.6L), and was rather surprised to find how much a service set me back here (well, it was the 120,000K service - no doubt no surprise to anyone on here that someone was offloading the car right before that one eh?). Being a Pommie I wasn't expecting it to be quite that expensive, as experience tells me that Vauxhalls are generally cheap cars to service.

Anyway, what I'm on the lookout for is a euro-friendly garage in the Logan area to take it to in future (south of Brisbane, but not as far down as the Gold Coast), and also a source of parts that isn't ridiculously expensive. I suspect part of the expensiveness was finding out the hard way that some garages don't like European cars...

It was missing one mudflap when I got it - and apparently Holden won't sell mudflaps for this car anymore. Never mind, one online transaction and about a week later I had a new set, complete with Gryphon logos on the packets. (Random thought: Does this tactic work for other parts too - and if so, where do you order them from, as I doubt anything more complicated would turn up on fleaBay...)

For your parts, call up Autovaux in the uk, even with shipping you'll save hundreds...
As for all your vauxhall badging and accesories..ebay.co.uk is probably your best bet...
Also lots of nice irmscher stuff at irmscher-bitz.com

PS. Welcome! chuck up a thread in the members introduction section so everyone can say hello, you can chuck up some pics, even ask some other questions if you've got any.

glider
24th April 2009, 09:58 PM
Welcome

definately use autovaux

parts for the Calibra are considered obsolete by Holden, yet using autovaux I can still get original parts... and they're not bad with the prices

vectraguy01
25th April 2009, 09:27 PM
Welcome, i too had a Y26SE until i got rid of it last yr.

Brillant car, if you want to know any mods let me know and I can show you what I did. If your interested in a tune to unlock more power for it pm Auzvectra for details.

Calibrated
13th May 2009, 06:31 PM
Midas in Tingalpa - very decent pricing, and solid euro knowledge.