PDA

View Full Version : Vid of Astra being rolled

tomtom
22nd April 2009, 10:57 PM
Gotta love youtubes new "recommended" panel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkkouEjF3UQ&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div

Vid of the poster's car being robbed for its wheels. Sorta like a rhino being killed for its horn... that astra now only has 2 wheels and wont be able to fend for itself.

Neeko
22nd April 2009, 11:05 PM
what tools!

u need alarm systems like they have on stickdeath lol

topgear
22nd April 2009, 11:06 PM
oooh ouch... bastards!

Good thing i've got wheel locknuts, because I lack the alarm... but then so does everyone in the beautifully safe country. :D

Hoya
22nd April 2009, 11:12 PM
oooh ouch... bastards!

Good thing i've got wheel locknuts, because I lack the alarm... but then so does everyone in the beautifully safe country. :D
i have a alarm.
i have the twin top roof console, cept most of the buttons dont work.
put i can kick the tire and the horn goes nuts.

yea one is easy to get out have 2 diferent ones
eg one from holden and one from a 3rd party

BEK-46P
22nd April 2009, 11:43 PM
Poor bugger.

I remember coming out of Burwood cinemas, one of the Asian guys found his RX7 propped up on bricks... in a secure carpark mind you. He was in tears!

USC
23rd April 2009, 09:20 AM
Man, I hate people like that!:mad: I wish guns were legal here.

simmy
23rd April 2009, 09:27 AM
thats so uncool..

poor guy.

btm
23rd April 2009, 09:36 AM
damn that's shit!

mr corsa
23rd April 2009, 10:06 AM
s.h.i.t happens see how calm they!and are unfazed about the lights and the alarm

btm
23rd April 2009, 10:29 AM
obviously done it many times before

gman
23rd April 2009, 01:02 PM
Man, I hate people like that!:mad: I wish guns were legal here.

So do I, but screwdrivers are......You never know when you might need to screw with someone....

btm
23rd April 2009, 01:08 PM
guns are legal here... if you have a licence ;)

Neeko
23rd April 2009, 01:41 PM

probably best not to have a gun when u find your car like that... who knows what you'd do :yikes:

mr corsa
23rd April 2009, 01:53 PM
probably best not to have a gun when u find your car like that... who knows what you'd do :yikes:
maybe pop a cap in there a.s.s :lol:

gman
23rd April 2009, 02:02 PM

Indeed (I have a firearms license and more than one gun)

However paradoxically, they are not legal if you actually use them for anything other than:

pointing at small furry animals;
pointing a larger furry animals;
pointing at paper targets; or
you have a "Do anything you want and get away with it most of the time" badge...

Which in my estimation is a damn shame...Why can't they have a license for certain people (myself included of course) for sanctioned removal of those that pose a clear and present danger to continuing contamination of the human gene pool??

USC
23rd April 2009, 02:22 PM
a damn shame...Why can't they have a license for certain people (myself included of course) for sanctioned removal of those that pose a clear and present danger to continuing contamination of the human gene pool??

+1 :D

hahaha...get rid of bad human gene pools!!

Neeko
23rd April 2009, 02:23 PM

However paradoxically, they are not legal if you actually use them for anything other than:

pointing at small furry animals;
pointing a larger furry animals;
pointing at paper targets; or
you have a "Do anything you want and get away with it most of the time" badge...

Which in my estimation is a damn shame...Why can't they have a license for certain people (myself included of course) for sanctioned removal of those that pose a clear and present danger to continuing contamination of the human gene pool??

I used to have one too, a license that is, till it expired :(

another thing they are good for is innocent cars that find there way onto your 100acre property nicely hidden. Hollow-Point FTW :p

Neeko
23rd April 2009, 02:25 PM

most of the time you can already which ones they are too just by looking at them. You know someone is seedy when they have that specific look to them. If anyone needs help with this I'll gladly take some pics of Ipswich :)

btm
23rd April 2009, 03:24 PM

same same

ASTRAY
23rd April 2009, 05:00 PM
unfortunately, guns were made for one thing, and one thing only. to kill.

back on topic. sux about that guys wheels. as mr corsa pointed out, they really didnt care about the lights nor alarm, obviously used to getting up to the same type of trouble.

instead of a gun, how about something that is readily available to nearly all car owners, a few whacks of a wheel brace would act as a pretty good deterent.

gman
23rd April 2009, 05:17 PM
another thing they are good for is innocent cars that find there way onto your 100acre property nicely hidden. Hollow-Point FTW :p

That's what my Remington .300 Ultra Mag is for...With the right load and projectile on it (Talon vs. FMJ).. :)

Originally maybe, and the crucial here word being "were". However, IMHO a gross generalisation in post modern terms (outside of the US).

I have yet to use my of mine for killing anything other than paper targets, paddy melons, abandoned cars, rabbits, kangaroo's and the odd feral here and there.

instead of a gun, how about something that is readily available to nearly all car owners, a few whacks of a wheel brace would act as a pretty good deterent.

My Stanley screwdriver is always readily available and when wielded correctly a reasonable deterrent...However, each to their own...

Neeko
23rd April 2009, 05:21 PM

back on topic. sux about that guys wheels. as mr corsa pointed out, they really didnt care about the lights nor alarm, obviously used to getting up to the same type of trouble.

or a trunk monkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geynA-JYDHE

KID_SRi
23rd April 2009, 06:38 PM
That's what my Remington .300 Ultra Mag is for...With the right load and projectile on it (Talon vs. FMJ).. :)

I also found .338 Win Mag & .375 Holland & Holland make nice holes in pretty much anything, But in doubt ya can always depend on 12g 3" Mag Brenneke Slugs ;)
I had a Handguns(Glock 9x19mm & S&W .38 Detective Special) but I grew out only being able to Target Shoot with them.

gman
23rd April 2009, 06:55 PM
I also found .338 Win Mag & .375 Holland & Holland make nice holes in pretty much anything, But in doubt ya can always depend on 12g 3" Mag Brenneke Slugs ;)
I had a Handguns(Glock 9x19mm & S&W .38 Detective Special) but I grew out only being able to Target Shoot with them.

My fav's are the .300 Rem Ultra mag as its fast, fires flat and hits HARD right out past 800-900m...Closely followed by my Parker & Hale .22-250....

The Mossberg Marine Stainless 12G (we used to carry it on the boat for silly fish with sharp teeth) and with the solids is good up close and for bunnies with shot. CRAP for clays as it always seem to jam half why through :)

I had a Glock 17 in 9mm (9x19mm) as well and still have my Beretta 90two (another 9mm) for targets etc...Not a fan of the .45 or .38's..

Biggest things I have fired are a Desert Eagle in a .50 caliber and a Barrett M82 (up to M107 spec) in Nevada.. I wouldn't want to shoot those things all day...Loud and do they KICK!!

Damn fun though... ;)

Neeko
23rd April 2009, 06:59 PM
My fav's are the .300 Rem Ultra mag as its fast, fires flat and hits HARD right out past 800-900m...Closely followed by my Parker & Hale .22-250....

The Mossberg Marine Stainless 12G (we used to carry it on the boat for silly fish with sharp teeth) and with the solids is good up close and for bunnies with shot. CRAP for clays as it always seem to jam half why through :)

I had a Glock 17 in 9mm (9x19mm) as well and still have my Beretta 90two (another 9mm) for targets etc...Not a fan of the .45 or .38's..

Biggest things I have fired are a Desert Eagle in a .50 caliber and a Barrett M82 (up to M107 spec) in Nevada.. I wouldn't want to shoot those things all day...Loud and do they KICK!!

Damn fun though... ;)

Hey Glen,
what don't you know?

how does a polarized lens work? lol

gman
23rd April 2009, 07:16 PM
Hey Glen,
what don't you know?

how does a polarized lens work? lol

LOL...Remember...I'm OLD (well older than most on here... ;) ) and have been lucky enough to travel and squeeze a lot in...

I like to think of my self as "wind swept and interesting"...

And BTW, I believe a polarised lens works by limiting light and/or removing light moving through a plane at angles to that of the polarisation (the further from the actual polarisation plane the great the effect, 90 degree being maximum).

The the effect of which is to limit light passing through the lens. The effect of polarisation is reduced as you move further toward the plane in which the lens is effectively polarised.

Camera's also have circular polarised lenses, but that another discussion.. :)

mr corsa
23rd April 2009, 07:21 PM
guns dont kill people !
people kill people :yikes:

sooty
23rd April 2009, 07:21 PM
guns dont kill people !

guns don't kill people, bullets do ;)

mr corsa
23rd April 2009, 07:23 PM

see people gotta put the bullets into the magazine and pull the trigger of the gun to kill the people

sooty
23rd April 2009, 07:25 PM
see people gotta put the bullets into the magazine and pull the trigger of the gun to kill the people
but without the gun and bullets, it's a lot harder to kill someone :p

gman
23rd April 2009, 07:28 PM
guns dont kill people !

That's like my favorite US bumper stickers that I saw in Montana. I even bought one!!!

It read:

"Blaming guns for killing people is like blaming a fork for Rosie O'Donnell being fat!

A Patriotic service announcement from the NRA"

gman
23rd April 2009, 07:29 PM
but without the gun and bullets, it's a lot harder to kill someone :p

No its not really...You just need to think harder is all

sooty
23rd April 2009, 07:32 PM
"Blaming guns for killing people is like blaming a fork for Rosie O'Donnell being fat!

A Patriotic service announcement from the NRA"

lol...i like it...
and we're seriously off topic.

gman
23rd April 2009, 07:33 PM
Its in General Discussion...We're generally discussing something vaguely related to the original thread...

But yeah we are :)

Ice
23rd April 2009, 08:29 PM
haha thats brill !

Neeko
23rd April 2009, 08:38 PM
LOL...Remember...I'm OLD (well older than most on here... ;) ) and have been lucky enough to travel and squeeze a lot in...

I like to think of my self as "wind swept and interesting"...

And BTW, I believe a polarised lens works by limiting light and/or removing light moving through a plane at angles to that of the polarisation (the further from the actual polarisation plane the great the effect, 90 degree being maximum).

The the effect of which is to limit light passing through the lens. The effect of polarisation is reduced as you move further toward the plane in which the lens is effectively polarised.

Camera's also have circular polarised lenses, but that another discussion.. :)

correct :D looked it up this morning because i was really curious as to how it works

humans dont kill people, horses kill people...

you should know that ain

ASTRAY
24th April 2009, 12:48 AM
same could be said about nukes... the nukes dont enter their own co-ordinates and press their own buttons.
without guns (including crossbows and spearguns), yes more people would be stabbed instead of shot.
but ill bet there are alot of gutless murderers out there that wouldnt have the guts to stand point blank and stab someone to death, but would happily stand 20m away and kill someone with a bullet.
or hide away with a sniper rifle and pluck people off at their whim.
i think its undisputable, no guns would mean less deaths.
when i was 4 or 5 my dad let me use a slug gun to shoot cans. it brought no thrill nor feeling of fun.
guns are just pointless to me.
i will never deny they are handy for farmers with pest problems etc, but there are other ways to solve them problems.
im not some anti gun campaigner, this is the first time ive voiced my opinions about guns to anyone other than family/friends.
its just common sense, take away guns and there would be alot less deaths, and alot less heart ache.

Jerram
24th April 2009, 12:54 AM
same could be said about nukes... the nukes dont enter their own co-ordinates and press their own buttons.
without guns (including crossbows and spearguns), yes more people would be stabbed instead of shot.
but ill bet there are alot of gutless murderers out there that wouldnt have the guts to stand point blank and stab someone to death, but would happily stand 20m away and kill someone with a bullet.
when i was 4 or 5 my dad let me use a slug gun to shoot cans. it brought no thrill nor feeling of fun.
i will never deny they are handy for farmers with pest problems etc, but there are other ways to solve them problems.
im not some anti gun campaigner, this is the first time ive voiced my opinions about guns to anyone other than family/friends.
its just common sense, take away guns and there would be alot less deaths, and alot less heart ache.

fair enough, though I couldn't help but say something along the lines of
"says the man with the hand grenade as his avatar"...

Neeko
24th April 2009, 07:43 AM

i think the same thing jay but when it comes to stealing cars or taking wheels i still recommend,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geynA-JYDHE

gman
24th April 2009, 12:29 PM
OK, I am starting to think this has gone as far as it can...

Whilst i do not agree guns are the evil of the world, they are part of it and are here to stay.

Others are entitled to voice their opinions and more power to you for doing so as you should be able to do freely.

So in light of all of the above and how WAY off topic this has become, this thread is closed.

Feel free to start a new one on Gun control in the appropriate area if the whim takes you.

G :)