PDA

View Full Version : Noise pollution

rodsfromday
19th April 2009, 07:42 PM
Still new to the Aus scene, and was wondering what the law is regarding playing loud music....or more specific - pumping the bass!! I havent heard many cars with bass vibrating my house windows or anything like that. Can you get fined for having it too loud?
Thanx

sooty
19th April 2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah, the cops can get you for anything they classify as excess noise or "disturbing the peace", but you'd have to have it absolutely cranked with them sitting right next to you...or have done something pretty serious to attract their attention i'd say.

poita
19th April 2009, 07:45 PM
yer you can get fined with excessive noise.

guy got done ehre locally last night actually.
they could here him from 150m away.
fine says " Drive vehicle in a way that makes uneoessory noise" (yes spelt wrong, esxactly as fine states)
no points loss but $320

Nurb608
19th April 2009, 07:48 PM
thats a bloody big fine for noise!

poita
19th April 2009, 07:53 PM
Bundaberg is the hoon capital of QLD afterall.........

rodsfromday
19th April 2009, 07:56 PM
Thanx guys, that gives me so much more clarity. Will just have too be on the lookout for them.
Man they are heavy fines that they dish out!!:yikes:

xplosv57
20th April 2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah i got a council notice years back when a mate and i both had comp stereos in our cars are were tuning them!!

It said something like "We have had complaints of a loud banging sound like drums, it would be much appreciated if the noise could be kept at a minimum otherwise we may be forced to take futher action"

Mum opened the letter and first thing she said was "but we don't have a drum set!"

I think they're alot more strict now so be careful!!

mr corsa
20th April 2009, 07:29 PM
so is farting in public a noise pollution or air pollution or both and do fines apply ?

xplosv57
20th April 2009, 07:42 PM
so is farting in public a noise pollution or air pollution or both and do fines apply ?

Guess it depends on the dB of the fart and how bad the pollution is, any excuse for the EPA to dick someone lol, bet you they will resort to fart fining at some stage!!

rjastra
20th April 2009, 08:35 PM
Ever noticed how guys with loud stereos in their car always play crap music ;)

Shay
20th April 2009, 08:54 PM
thats because the people that like good music go SQ over SPL, so they dont have to deafen themselves to put up with it

rjastra
20th April 2009, 09:11 PM
thats because the people that like good music go SQ over SPL, so they dont have to deafen themselves to put up with it

LOL.... very true.

And "they" always drive with all their windows down so everyone else can here how LOUD it is - lol. And "they" are always looking about to make sure people are hearing their LOUD music. :)

Shay
20th April 2009, 09:27 PM
then when you look at them and shake your head, they look theyre about to (or will) stab you.

MitchSRi
20th April 2009, 09:33 PM
I'm the same.. Prefer sound quality over sound level.

and as I type this some doofdoof wankjob rips up the road. :rolleyes:

Nurb608
20th April 2009, 09:54 PM
quality over quantity. been a muso all my life and also a sound engineer. nothing worse than bad quality music turned up loud, pretty much what hack dj's do to cover their flaws

sooty
20th April 2009, 10:01 PM
I'll prob get flamed for this but eh...
Just as another point of view....some of my music sounds much, much better loud...I'm not talking hearing me from blocks away lol, just louder than normal. More like a concert? (this is alternative/emo/metal, not doof doof lol)

Shay
21st April 2009, 12:51 AM
I'll prob get flamed for this but eh...
Just as another point of view....some of my music sounds much, much better loud...I'm not talking hearing me from blocks away lol, just louder than normal. More like a concert? (this is alternative/emo/metal, not doof doof lol)

true but only if its clear, try listening to dbl kick with subs workin over time, they just cant keep up, im a metal fan meself ;) id still rather turn my stereo down a bit (15 out of 40 or so, JVC deck) and have it clear and responsive

ChrisMaz
21st April 2009, 02:09 AM
quality over quantity. been a muso all my life and also a sound engineer. nothing worse than bad quality music turned up loud, pretty much what hack dj's do to cover their flaws

+100 to that.