PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Hoss
11th April 2009, 03:12 PM
Thought I should introduce myself after being a member for a few months. I drive an '07 red SRi-T. I've done a few mods such as lowering it with VXR springs and some bling under the bonnet.

I upgraded the brakes to VXR specs, but last Thursday I had fitted the AP Racing 4 pot front brakes sold by Walkinshaw Performance. The calipers only come in VXR blue (which matches my rear calipers) with 'AP Racing' engraved on the caliper in white. I think they are the identical kit that Courtenay Sport sell, except there is no 'VXRacing' on the caliper and you can't get the caliper in red. The Walikinshaw price is very good and saved me a minimum of $1100. I'm still bedding the brakes in, but they feel much stronger that the standard VXR fronts. I'll report back and get up some pics of my car soon.

I'm pleased to have found the forum and have found the commentary helpful.

Hoss

Shay
11th April 2009, 03:15 PM
welcome mate.
enjoy your stay.
thats a big spend, well done, youll make a few of the boys jealous.

what state you in mate?

sooty
11th April 2009, 03:29 PM
Welcome mate, those brakes sound like an impressive bit of kit, a lot of guys have been eyeing them off.
Where abouts are you located? Chuck up some pics when you get the chance:)

Hoss
11th April 2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm in Canberra. I don't see too many VXRs or SRi-Ts running around here. That said, I was surprised to see a 'Burg near where I live, particularly as there were only 20 brought into the country.

I didn't mention earlier that I have also fitted a Whiteline non-adjustable rear ARB. One of the cheapest and easier mods that delivers good results. Gave the H more turn-in.

Neeko
11th April 2009, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the site mate :) Sounds like you got a sweet ride going

topgear
11th April 2009, 06:00 PM
Welcome :)

I too have a Red SRi-Turbo though fully stock. Funny too, was just thinking about the rather weak brakes that come as standard just today. Would love to see your car and its brakes, post some pics up! But well done on the mods nevertheless

Hoss
11th April 2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks. It's coming along nicely. I'll get up spme pics soon.

Hoss
11th April 2009, 06:01 PM

Welcome :)

I too have a Red SRi-Turbo though fully stock. Funny too, was just thinking about the rather weak brakes that come as standard just today. Would love to see your car and its brakes, post some pics up! But well done on the mods nevertheless

Will do with the pics

9090GO
11th April 2009, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the site mate.

chrissn89
11th April 2009, 11:02 PM
Welcome Hoss :) Have you got any performance mods in mind?

delemonte
12th April 2009, 03:02 AM
Welcome to the site :cool:
Hmmm, sounds like you've got a rather nice ride coming along there ;)

So have you got some equally impressive performance kit going in to counter the brakes you've now got? :D I look forward to seeing pics :)

Ice
12th April 2009, 03:10 AM
Ahhh yes we all want pics, haha

we got a Nurb on the forums too, he's only had it a couple weeks aswell.

Hoss
12th April 2009, 02:52 PM
Welcome Hoss :) Have you got any performance mods in mind?
Hi there. I'm thinking about a Courtenay Sport front pipe to replace the 1st cat, their new larger plenum and a Superchips ecu flash.

Apart from some Courtenay silicone hoses and some other underbonnet blink, I have fitted a VXR intake pipe, derestricted the airbox and installed NGK Iridium plugs - runs a bit smoother but no great performance increase. I'd also like in the future to fit a front intercooler and perhaps a Quaife LSD.:)

Hoss
12th April 2009, 02:54 PM
See my reply to chrissn89

Hoss
12th April 2009, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the site :cool:
Hmmm, sounds like you've got a rather nice ride coming along there ;)

So have you got some equally impressive performance kit going in to counter the brakes you've now got? :D I look forward to seeing pics :)

I'm still getting used to using the reply function on the forum - see my reply to chrissn89 regarding mods. I've always lusted after decent brakes so I decided to treat myself give the good Walikinshaw price.

simmy
14th April 2009, 09:08 AM
Welcome to opel aus :)
cant wait to see some pics of the car

btm
14th April 2009, 09:57 AM
hi and welcome to the site mate

hally83
14th April 2009, 04:05 PM
Welcome - hang on shouldn't i be posting in here??? haha :blush:

Shay
14th April 2009, 04:07 PM
Welcome to the site haha :blush:

how bout makin one of your own mate ;)

wed all love to see more pics of your car

hally83
14th April 2009, 04:10 PM
sounds good give me something to do on my day off :D

lucastanswell
17th April 2009, 12:45 AM
welcome

Greg K
17th April 2009, 11:02 AM
welcome to the site mate... cant wait to see the pics! big brakes look HORN!