PDA

View Full Version : Over Priced and Slack job.

ChrisMaz
31st March 2009, 11:13 PM
Sent my Vectra C 3.2l CDXI in for its 75,000km service today. Was expecting it to be only a minor service totaling about $300. Instead i'm told when I arrived to pick her up, its going to $820 dollars. Is this the usual price?

They didn't even reset the Engine service light nor update the log book.

North City Holden Perth. Wouldn't recommend.

Hoya
31st March 2009, 11:15 PM
did you ask what they did?
get a docket and contact your local fair trading

ChrisMaz
31st March 2009, 11:17 PM
Got the full read out. Wasn't informed what they were doing.

I've already placed a complaint with the RAC. GM Holden and will be sending to Fair Trading.

scotty_gsi
1st April 2009, 01:31 AM
mate i could have told u do not go to north citys lol what car have you got and what year is it because i could have done it for you if its no longer under warranty

ChrisMaz
1st April 2009, 01:38 AM
Got the 2004 3.2l Veccy C CDXI

scotty_gsi
1st April 2009, 03:42 AM
so could of dun it for ya lol well as long as you dont need a tech machine to reset the service indicator but you shouldnt there usually some sort of wierd trick

Shay
1st April 2009, 04:19 AM
thats rough mate, you plannin to do work on it yourself in the future?

scotty_gsi
1st April 2009, 04:40 AM
has the service light been reset now? if not will find out how today as i have a few freinds who work for holden

9090GO
1st April 2009, 07:17 AM
They should give you a call before they do/change something that isn't on the servicing list, that's illegal, you don't have to pay them for the extra work.

Nurb608
1st April 2009, 07:21 AM
has the service light been reset now? if not will find out how today as i have a few freinds who work for holden

have a look on www.vectra-c.com (http://www.vectra-c.com)

it will show ya how to reset it, i can't remember off the top of my head.

Keep'emRunning
1st April 2009, 12:19 PM
..can u scan in the receipt and show what they did..? would make some interesting reading :)

JR
1st April 2009, 12:52 PM
They should give you a call before they do/change something that isn't on the servicing list, that's illegal, you don't have to pay them for the extra work.

+1
they're not allowed to perform any additional work unless they've asked u.

anything other than the regular service (http://www.carservice.com.au/car-service-servicing-guide-2.aspx?sid=10433)items must be approved by the owner.

i wouldn't pay for it.

vectraguy01
1st April 2009, 08:41 PM
thats shit dude, i wouldve gone, umm how much, like hell im paying that for a basic service, show me wat was replaced!

Noir
1st April 2009, 08:44 PM
mate i could have told u do not go to north citys lol what car have you got and what year is it because i could have done it for you if its no longer under warranty

I second North City Holden. They were the only reputable dealer I would ever service my car through in WA.

Did you ask for an indication of price prior to booking the service?

Shay
1st April 2009, 08:49 PM
I second North City Holden. They were the only reputable dealer I would ever service my car through in WA.

Did you ask for an indication of price prior to booking the service?

scotty said NOT to go to North city ;)

ChrisMaz
2nd April 2009, 12:44 AM
I'll post an image of the receipt after i'm Uncapped.

What the service rep said once I arrived was that they do these "full" services every 10,000km. 820 bucks for basically a new oil filter, fluid flush and replacement is ridiculous. The only work I was notified about prior to arriving was that one key was malfunctioning and needed a new chip. And since they no longer make the chips I would have to get a whole new flick out key. (something like the new Astra's?) That would have cost $340 so I said no I can survive with just the single key.

My Toyota Aurions service never costs anything above $350 for practically the same work and materials.

ChrisMaz
2nd April 2009, 01:44 AM
Oh and No they didn't reset the service light. I'll either do that myself or take it up to another holden dealership for the last time.

delemonte
2nd April 2009, 02:21 AM
Gee, that's so dodgy man... Would be very interesting to see what they allocate the $820 to! Sorry to hear about ur bad experience so early into owning your new car

DSRI07
2nd April 2009, 09:01 AM
I've got a 30,000km/12mth service due. Hunter Holden quoted me $360. I'm trying to find what other Holden service centres in Sydney can do. Any suggestions?

Also I was sent this useful link for service quotes

http://carservice.com.au/car-service....aspx?sid=9166 (http://carservice.com.au/car-service-servicing-guide-2.aspx?sid=9166)

JohnBu
2nd April 2009, 12:36 PM
I would definitely speak to the dealer principal and voice your concern.

it is excessive

I don't know how many times I have said this, but make sure you get a quote before you commence any service- write the name of the person you spoke to.

They then cannot up the price on a service.

rjastra
2nd April 2009, 12:56 PM
I am not sure why you guys persist with taking it to a holden dealer... especially out of warranty.

Either shop around for a independent mechanic in your area or take it to Ultratune.

Shay
2nd April 2009, 01:14 PM
or DIY

ChrisMaz
2nd April 2009, 01:29 PM
I Primarily went to a holden centre because I figured they'd be able to reset the service light as well as possibly fix a fault where my computer was showing the wrong current speed on the in dash screen.

Neither of which was fixed.

J
2nd April 2009, 03:29 PM
I Primarily went to a holden centre because I figured they'd be able to reset the service light as well as possibly fix a fault where my computer was showing the wrong current speed on the in dash screen.

Neither of which was fixed.

Chris, if you are referring to the "InSp" service reminder light on the trip meter when you start your car, then my understanding is, that is quite easy to fix. Simply hold the trip meter reset button in the instrument cluster as you start your car. The display should go "----" for a few seconds, indicating the reminder has cleared, then go back to the normal trip meter.

Having said the above, you might not want to do this right now. You might want to leave it as evidence for the time being, that they haven't done it...?

As for the speed on the in-dash multi-function display, I have something similar on my G, but I've always thought that's the average speed of the current trip measured by the trip computer? (Mine is showing less than 30km/h at the moment. City driving sucks!)

cdxi
2nd April 2009, 05:49 PM
Hey CHris

I bought my '05 Vec CDXi from North City.......and what a fiasco that was. They were so good to me by knocking $2000 off the asking price...which was still $2000 above the advertised internet price!

I used their service dept when the car was still in new vehicle warranty but after that, went to Ultratune in Newcastle St Perth. They were pretty up-front with everything when I asked for a cost estimate. They also called me before they went ahead with replacing a (minor) part that they didn't foresee.

North City's service dept also tried to pull a swifty to convince me the services needed to be done every 10 000km to maintain the "extended" warranty they offered when I purchased the car. I contacted the service manager who was lost for words when I told him the handbook recommended services every 15 000km.

Moral of the story....

Leave NCH to their own devices. And City Motors is perhaps as bad.......

ChrisMaz
2nd April 2009, 06:43 PM
Hey CHris

I bought my '05 Vec CDXi from North City.......and what a fiasco that was. They were so good to me by knocking $2000 off the asking price...which was still $2000 above the advertised internet price!

I used their service dept when the car was still in new vehicle warranty but after that, went to Ultratune in Newcastle St Perth. They were pretty up-front with everything when I asked for a cost estimate. They also called me before they went ahead with replacing a (minor) part that they didn't foresee.

North City's service dept also tried to pull a swifty to convince me the services needed to be done every 10 000km to maintain the "extended" warranty they offered when I purchased the car. I contacted the service manager who was lost for words when I told him the handbook recommended services every 15 000km.

Moral of the story....

Leave NCH to their own devices. And City Motors is perhaps as bad.......

Pretty much exactly what they said to me as well.