PDA

View Full Version : $330 for 12 month service???

BEK-46P
31st March 2009, 07:11 PM
This is the quote Holden gave me.

Opinions?

poita
31st March 2009, 07:12 PM
what does it include?

vectraguy01
31st March 2009, 07:12 PM
I pay $180 for my minor service lol

JR
31st March 2009, 07:33 PM
that looks expensive -according to this site (http://carservice.com.au/car-service-servicing-guide-2.aspx?sid=9158).....

should only cost u between $209-$289.

KingOfAstras
31st March 2009, 07:40 PM
I got charged 300 for mine, and that's an extra 20 because I requested the HSV oil :P

BEK-46P
31st March 2009, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I asked around and $300 seems to be a ballpark figure.

Stupid question: do mods affect the service at all? Like will they refuse to do something because I have Eibach springs or a K&N panel, etc

KingOfAstras
31st March 2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I asked around and $300 seems to be a ballpark figure.

Stupid question: do mods affect the service at all? Like will they refuse to do something because I have Eibach springs or a K&N panel, etc

Well not exactly! They tend to work around the mods. K&N filters DO NOT VOID WARRANTY, and they can't refuse to service it or try to charge you anything extra.

Eibach springs will only cause you a bit of trouble IF you have a problem with the rear bushes or shocks.

xplosv57
31st March 2009, 08:09 PM
I got charged 300 for mine, and that's an extra 20 because I requested the HSV oil :P

HSV oil?? What's the difference to the regular Holden oil (viscocity)??

$300 sounds about right for a rip off Holden dealer, unless you're on some sort of lease plan, do it yourself, or if you're worried about warranty, take it to a local certified garage (Ultratune etc), much cheaper and still keep factory warranty!!

Keep'emRunning
1st April 2009, 12:26 PM

..didn't know HSV rebadged oil drums as well! :)

KingOfAstras
1st April 2009, 01:25 PM
..didn't know HSV rebadged oil drums as well! :)
Oh ahha, i didn't mean it like that. I asked them to put what they put in the HSV VXR... It runs very smoothly!

HSV oil?? What's the difference to the regular Holden oil (viscocity)??
Yeah mate, the viscosity :) I have the job receipt somewhere. It has the full details there.

BEK-46P
1st April 2009, 06:28 PM
Well, to update you all, and to finally prove beyong any reasonable doubt that Holden don't respect their customers, Ultra Tune quoted me $195 for the same service.

9090GO
1st April 2009, 06:45 PM
Go for Ultratune mate, cheaper probably better as well.

Nurb608
1st April 2009, 06:52 PM
Wouldn't let either of them touch it :p
Do your minor services yourself unless you have to get it done for waranty or it's under lease. Get your major service done at a euro garage that is used to these types of cars.

BEK-46P
1st April 2009, 06:55 PM
Wouldn't let either of them touch it :p
Do your minor services yourself unless you have to get it done for waranty or it's under lease. Get your major service done at a euro garage that is used to these types of cars.

Any names?

You said "these types of cars" -- how do the Astras differ among others in terms of general servicing?

Nurb608
1st April 2009, 06:59 PM
No ideas in Sydney sorry :( Have a look at people that service Saabs, pretty much the same type of components as we share several engines. The Astras have nothing in common with Australian holdens.

MitchSRi
5th April 2009, 02:03 AM
Stick with the dealers.

HH in Penrith if you are willing to drive get a huge thumbs up from me.

St Marys are also good I hear.

Sure it might cost you more, but lets not forget that Holden are dealing with these cars day in day out. They have the technical know how to fix problems that they see come in every so often, and all the right things to do.

Someone at Ultratune might be able to service a 1984 Holden Commodore, but it doesn't mean they can service an AH Astra as well.

Also I don't know if places like UT have access to Tech2 units in order to check certain aspects of a service Holden would.

I always use Heartland for my servicing, last one (30,000km service) set me back $435!!

BEK-46P
5th April 2009, 09:30 AM
Stick with the dealers.

HH in Penrith if you are willing to drive get a huge thumbs up from me.

St Marys are also good I hear.

Sure it might cost you more, but lets not forget that Holden are dealing with these cars day in day out. They have the technical know how to fix problems that they see come in every so often, and all the right things to do.

Someone at Ultratune might be able to service a 1984 Holden Commodore, but it doesn't mean they can service an AH Astra as well.

Also I don't know if places like UT have access to Tech2 units in order to check certain aspects of a service Holden would.

I always use Heartland for my servicing, last one (30,000km service) set me back $435!!

Have you searched the forums lately? 80% of members' experiences with the dealers are unsatisfactory, including myself.

They even forgot to reset the InSP reading on the odometer during the complimentary 3,000km service.

MitchSRi
5th April 2009, 01:21 PM
Have you searched the forums lately? 80% of members' experiences with the dealers are unsatisfactory, including myself.

They even forgot to reset the InSP reading on the odometer during the complimentary 3,000km service. Depends on the dealer. I suggest taking a peek at the thread I posted about Penrith Heartland.

Sure they aren't that local but I'd be happy to go back there.

Yes there are some dodgy ones out there I've heard horror stories about (I'd tend to avoid the Parramatta area for servicing ;) ).

Unsure about Castle Hill as I've never used them.

Besides if the car is under Holden New Car warranty still, and something breaks and requires warranty repair, you really don't want to risk the chance of them rejecting it because another company has serviced it (though I dont think they can do that).

Keep'emRunning
6th April 2009, 01:28 PM
..it's personal choice whether to take it to a dealer or not... but with a non dealer mechanic, at least you're likely to know who's going to be working on your vehicle, and that your pride & joy isn't being used as potty training for a 1st year apprentice :p