PDA

View Full Version : Shell V-Power for the price of regular unleaded this Sunday only

Snotty
25th March 2009, 03:27 PM
go to http://www.colesexpress.com.au/vpower/

1st million hits to the site can print out the voucher which lets you get shell v power for the price of regular, can only be purchased this sunday & must have voucher

dont know what the price of regular will be, probably the same as v-power on a tuesday....

delemonte
25th March 2009, 03:39 PM
Cheers :cool:

TBH, I didn't really have much success with Shell V-Power regarding economy or *supposed* power gains before my remap (I swear fuel consumption actually increased!), but am using it again for the sake of experimentation since getting AuzVectra's remap... I don't really expect much, but we'll see ;)

PaulyJ
25th March 2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah I'll give it a go

Wraith
25th March 2009, 04:23 PM
Yep, got my 1 in a million voucher this morning :clap:

My turbo vert loves the stuff and have always run it on Optimax or V-power :)

nuggz
25th March 2009, 04:27 PM
filling up at 12:01 am sunday morning
so they dont run out of the stuff :D

Wraith
25th March 2009, 04:41 PM
filling up at 12:01 am sunday morning
so they dont run out of the stuff :D

It's only at selected outlets or service stations, have to find one 1st that's participating in this whole thing...

What's the bet they'll be scattered few and far between...

MatsHolden
25th March 2009, 04:46 PM
It's only at selected outlets or service stations, have to find one 1st that's participating in this whole thing...

The way I read it is that it is ALL Shell Coles Express outlets that stock V-Power except for Donnybrook.

Wraith
25th March 2009, 04:52 PM
The way I read it is that it is ALL Shell Coles Express outlets that stock V-Power except for Donnybrook.

Hope your right, I read that small print too, but there's bigger print (point 2) that says "visit any 'participating' Coles express site"...

If they're all in on the act, great stuff, there's a Shell servo just round the corner of my place :)

Oh we'll all have to get in quick before the limit of 8 million litres are sold, 1st thing Sunday morning me and da vert are there for a fill up :D

Hoya
25th March 2009, 04:57 PM
excellent, ill clean my jerry cans and fill them up too

nice find mate

tomburke7
25th March 2009, 05:17 PM
Cheers :cool:

TBH, I didn't really have much success with Shell V-Power regarding economy or *supposed* power gains before my remap (I swear fuel consumption actually increased!), but am using it again for the sake of experimentation since getting AuzVectra's remap... I don't really expect much, but we'll see ;)

I'm interested in your re-map - considering getting mine done. What do you drive? Any modifications? What affect did you get from the remap?

lee683
25th March 2009, 05:24 PM
and u can still use the 4c off voucher too

Vectracious
25th March 2009, 05:52 PM
I'd save about $5-6 on a tank - hardly seems worth it.

nuggz
25th March 2009, 05:53 PM

thats half a pack of smokes

Vectracious
25th March 2009, 05:55 PM
thats half a pack of smokes

2 Mars Bars for me - I'm better off using it to pay for petrol ;)

delemonte
25th March 2009, 06:22 PM
I'm interested in your re-map - considering getting mine done. What do you drive? Any modifications? What affect did you get from the remap?

I have the Astra G SRi Turbo, so unfortunately my experience will not really be of any great relevance to you... I think AuzVectra has remaps available for the 2.2L Astra G, but I'm not too sure about an Astra H. Perhaps you could talk to someone like BEK-46P or TomTom..?

hazrd
25th March 2009, 06:29 PM

COLES EXPRESS TARNEIT (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:openinfo%28%27info.aspx?RECORD=6866%27%29) Ph (03) 9748 3439
380 Sayers Rd Tarneit VIC 3029
im just off sayers road

giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity :D

Neeko
25th March 2009, 11:33 PM
i dont even know a shell around my area! terrible

chrissn89
25th March 2009, 11:45 PM
only one is on the Ipswich motor way just before Goodna ;) And thats like over an hour away lol.

EDIT: oh the one at Aratula but lets not talk about that one.

Neeko
25th March 2009, 11:59 PM
only one is on the Ipswich motor way just before Goodna ;) And thats like over an hour away lol.

EDIT: oh the one at Aratula but lets not talk about that one.

they dont have v power :(

you should be in bed lol

Wraith
26th March 2009, 08:46 AM
COLES EXPRESS TARNEIT (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:openinfo%28%27info.aspx?RECORD=6866%27%29) Ph (03) 9748 3439
380 Sayers Rd Tarneit VIC 3029
im just off sayers road

giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity :D

Where the hell is that Adam :confused: never heard of it...

I'm hoping the one next to my place is in on the act, although must say not really to fussed, I've always got a stack of 4cent vouchers given to me by people who don't want or use 98ron fuel :)

hazrd
26th March 2009, 09:40 AM
tarneit is in between hoppers crossing and laverton Ange ;)

but this saturday ill prob be out late anyway so could stop by any one of them on the way home after 12 :p

Wraith
26th March 2009, 03:34 PM
tarneit is in between hoppers crossing and laverton Ange ;)

but this saturday ill prob be out late anyway so could stop by any one of them on the way home after 12 :p

Ah I see, I've actually got a Laverton stop over this Sunday (Phillipino Community Centre) to see and hang out with some friends preparing for a dance contest, might go to the Shell servo you've posted up if the one round the corner of my house isn't participating, might work out afterall :)

hazrd
26th March 2009, 10:56 PM
glad i could help :p
feel free to call round if your schedule allows some time :)

Wraith
27th March 2009, 11:26 AM
glad i could help :p
feel free to call round if your schedule allows some time :)

Might do just that, will let you know if time allows for sure :smile2:

J
29th March 2009, 01:07 AM

Definitely Vectracious! In fact, the difference will be further minimised, when you take the cheaper pricing on Tuesdays/Wednesdays into account.

I just did it in the name of science. PULP at RULP prices, I saved 13c/L, at 118.9c/L. Sure, that sounds alright in isolation, but considering I usually fill up on Tuesdays, at an average PULP price of 124.9c/L for the past two weeks, the saving of a mere 6c/L, or $3.12 for a whole Astra tank, is quite insignificant in the bigger scheme of things, even if the PULP price goes significantly higher this Tuesday/Wednesday than in previous weeks!

But hey, we can almost get a not-so-Big Mac with that saving! :D

Metro1288
29th March 2009, 10:42 PM
Filled up today but forgot all about the voucher...doh!!

Hoya
30th March 2009, 02:24 AM
Filled up today but forgot all about the voucher...doh!!
you didnt miss out on alot.
i only saved 5 bucks with a 4c docket too, and only filled 24L

Wraith
30th March 2009, 08:59 AM
For those interested, if you combined the Sunday offer with a 4cent voucher, the total saving was 12.83% for a fill up last Sunday - Best deal I've ever had in terms of a fuel discount to date - but you still would've needed to fill up a whole tank for that to have made a substantial saving...

Eg: at the servo I went to if you got $30 worth of V-power, you would've saved $3.85 or paid $26.15...

So say on a full $70 fill you would've paid around $61, if the servo was just round the corner from home (like in my case) and if you filled up more than one vehicle (which I did) it added up to a very handy discount indeed :) pity it's only a one off event :(

Remember, the above numbers are with the Sunday offer voucher combined with a 4cent voucher, so not sure what the savings were with the Sunday offer voucher by itself...

Wraith
30th March 2009, 09:08 AM
you didnt miss out on alot.
i only saved 5 bucks with a 4c docket too, and only filled 24L

That definitely dosn't add up :confused: unless the Shell servo you went to was selling its basic unleaded for 'alot' cheaper than the Shell servo round the corner of my place....what did the 24 litre fill cost you ?? around $30 ??

That's actually a substantial saving if you could get $5 off every 24 litres or $30 of fuel !!! ;)

reedaaron
30th March 2009, 11:24 AM
i saved $5 on 41L of fuel with just the online voucher...just about a full tank for me...still nice to get a discount :)

nuggz
31st March 2009, 12:09 PM
well

i saved some money
but im burning the stuff faster

using 10L+ per 100ks
normally on Mobil 98 run around low 9L's per hundy

Wraith
31st March 2009, 12:36 PM
well

i saved some money
but im burning the stuff faster

using 10L+ per 100ks
normally on Mobil 98 run around low 9L's per hundy

I too always get well over 10ltrs/100km in my turbo vert, but it dosn't gobble up any less of the other types of 98ron fuel brands, so I just stick to the V-Power as it seems to like that one the best, ie: seems to respond and go better with the V-Power :)

stephy.k22
31st March 2009, 05:06 PM
nawww shattered i missed it! bought myself an astra SRi today. love it!

sooty
31st March 2009, 05:09 PM
nawww shattered i missed it! bought myself an astra SRi today. love it!

Awesome! Say hello to everyone in the members introduction area, i'm sure we'll all want to see pics, know more about the car etc.
Wonga Park ey? you'll have to come cruising with, or at least meet up with us Vic members....good bunch of people :D

SRI004
31st March 2009, 07:01 PM
yee welcome..it's good too see chikass joining up on opelaus. and melbourne too:D as ain said it would be good to see you on one of the cruises...

SRI004
31st March 2009, 07:02 PM
ohh yeh just noticed i might as well post another pointless post to make '69' posts..ahahha:p