PDA

View Full Version : 6sp speed conversion

b&b custom
21st March 2009, 08:34 PM
Has any body done it to a 03 sri g yet.
As i am looking at doing it. for now i am only looking for,
some info and average cost & availability of gearbox, mount's ,etc. I came across a conversion kit in uk about $1300 kit only of course not including freight.
Good chance i could make what i need cheaper than that [MABEY].

xplosv57
21st March 2009, 08:39 PM
Would the H Turbo 6 speed fit behind a 2.2??

sooty
21st March 2009, 08:39 PM
Keep in mind an m32 gearbox (the 6 speed in VXR's, SRi-T's, and CDTi's) will set you back over $3k ;)

b&b custom
21st March 2009, 08:57 PM
Keep in mind an m32 gearbox (the 6 speed in VXR's, SRi-T's, and CDTi's) will set you back over $3k ;)

That's around what the lad at work said that i would pay for a cluster:yikes: in one so don't break it when i get it. A couple of people i have asked up here said around $3500.
I havent checked yet but does the ah direct injected z22se come with 6sp than mabey no need for conversion kit:confused:.

USC
22nd March 2009, 01:29 AM
That's around what the lad at work said that i would pay for a cluster:yikes: in one so don't break it when i get it. A couple of people i have asked up here said around $3500.
I havent checked yet but does the ah direct injected z22se come with 6sp than mabey no need for conversion kit:confused:.

dont think the 2.2 direct AH came with 6 speed.

auzvectra
22nd March 2009, 02:13 AM
what kit did u find for $1300???
i belive the startermotor mounts on the other side with the 2.2L and the 2.0LT.
and the read mount just needs to be modified slightly.
the linkages i have read are tricky, but i'm sure it wouldnt be a problem for some1 with 1/2 a brain, and you need the inner cv shafts for the gearbox as they are different.

b&b custom
22nd March 2009, 02:42 AM
the linkages i have read are tricky, but i'm sure it wouldnt be a problem for some1 with 1/2 a brain, and you need the inner cv shafts for the gearbox as they are different.

In the uk some where i'll try searching for it again just looked in my saved item's thought i saved it not there [very strange astra info i did not save]

b&b custom
22nd March 2009, 03:11 AM

That sound's just like what i just found when i was doing the search .
auzvectra google v tuning the kit is 595 pounds gear box kit only, & google lmf they have a conversion kit to fit a m tech c20let with a 6sp for 769 pound's. does that help

InsaneAsylum
22nd March 2009, 09:31 AM
it's a lot of coin for not much really? i drove a 6 speed corolla rental car, whatever the new model is... it was still a boring old 1.8L corolla rental car. i'd spend the money on something else to be honest, hookers and cocaine immediately comes to mind ;)

tomtom
22nd March 2009, 01:12 PM
dont think the 2.2 direct AH came with 6 speed.

The 2.2 direct AH's come with 6 speed.

The newer 1.8 SRI's do not.

b&b custom
22nd March 2009, 02:45 PM
The 2.2 direct AH's come with 6 speed.

The newer 1.8 SRI's do not.

I just looked up and found this on the trading post,HOLDEN AH ASTRA MY 07 TINTOP CONVERTABLE 2.2 6SP 2006 MODEL:confused:.

THIS IS WHY I AM WONDERING IF THEY HAVE THE SAME BOLT PATTERN ON THE BELLHOUSING.

auzvectra
22nd March 2009, 03:37 PM
ah so that is a kit for the f28 to fit to the astra g.
thought u mean an internal kit for 6 spd ;).
quaife used to, but dont nemore.
although they did say if they had like 5 orders they prob would ;).

b&b custom
22nd March 2009, 04:13 PM
ah so that is a kit for the f28 to fit to the astra g.
thought u mean an internal kit for 6 spd ;).
quaife used to, but dont nemore.
although they did say if they had like 5 orders they prob would ;).

please don't think i'm dumb but who is quaife, & sound's interresting.
mod old box , import kit, buy ah if it fit,s mmmmm don't know what to do.

auzvectra
22nd March 2009, 04:18 PM
think it's just www.quaife.co.uk
they did a kit that converted the f23 into a stronger box, aswell as a kit for a 6sp.
they rnt cheap but.
was talkin to them fri nite, they mentioned about the f20 box, and fitting a dog engadgement kit into it. but the dog box kit costs like 5-6K, u'd only need the syncromesh kit.

b&b custom
22nd March 2009, 04:24 PM
think it's just www.quaife.co.uk (http://www.quaife.co.uk)
they did a kit that converted the f23 into a stronger box, aswell as a kit for a 6sp.
they rnt cheap but.
was talkin to them fri nite, they mentioned about the f20 box, and fitting a dog engadgement kit into it. but the dog box kit costs like 5-6K, u'd only need the syncromesh kit.

thanks for that mate i'm going for a crusie now down to the beach i'll have a search when i get back later..see ya

Wraith
23rd March 2009, 11:01 AM
Has any body done it to a 03 sri g yet.
As i am looking at doing it. for now i am only looking for,
some info and average cost & availability of gearbox, mount's ,etc. I came across a conversion kit in uk about $1300 kit only of course not including freight.
Good chance i could make what i need cheaper than that [MABEY].

It should work/be compatible...

The best way to do this excercise is to source or abtain a 6spd gearbox and other necessary parts through the wreckers, otherwise it'll end up being a very expensive mod (thousands) which IMHO isn't worth the expense when looking at what you get with the end result !

Keep in mind also that when and if you sell the car, it won't be worth any extra, despite what you've done, in fact with a 'normal' buyer you would have actually devalued the car with such a modification... I

Insurance companies may also not insure you with such a mod...

b&b custom
23rd March 2009, 11:03 PM
I just looked up and found this on the trading post,HOLDEN AH ASTRA MY 07 TINTOP CONVERTABLE 2.2 6SP 2006 MODEL:confused:.

THIS IS WHY I AM WONDERING IF THEY HAVE THE SAME BOLT PATTERN ON THE BELLHOUSING.

Proably outter something like this from the wrecker's,
not much of a chance though i'd think so,:mad: or a converted f28 box.

In my opinion you never get your money back on a modified car
you just get the use & enjoyment from them.
Once it all done [mod wise] & engernered & certified i'll
approch snannons or somebody like them.
she won't get sold anyway, she'll just keep mod after mod after mod.:D

b&b custom
23rd March 2009, 11:06 PM
It should work/be compatible...

The best way to do this excercise is to source or abtain a 6spd gearbox and other necessary parts through the wreckers, otherwise it'll end up being a very expensive mod (thousands) which IMHO isn't worth the expense when looking at what you get with the end result !

Keep in mind also that when and if you sell the car, it won't be worth any extra, despite what you've done, in fact with a 'normal' buyer you would have actually devalued the car with such a modification... I

Insurance companies may also not insure you with such a mod...

This was suppose to be quoted first in the last post sorry.:o

Wraith
24th March 2009, 08:26 AM
LOL ^^^ that's alright :)

If your keeping the car long term and it's what you really want and are aware of the costs etc. - go for it :)

I'm in the same boat with my turbo vert, done all the mods over years and spent mega dollars on it and will probably just keep going, but I don't expect to get it back, nor do I expect to ever sell it, as you said I'm enjoying the use and buzz of it all :)