PDA

View Full Version : opps that hurts

b&b custom
20th March 2009, 01:12 AM
:yikes:man not a good birthday looks like i just did a selector fork.
has anybody else damaged one before.

it's not common is it i think i was that little bit to rough

i'll be busy on the weekend i'd say.
misses not happy had to wake her up & tell her
she uses the car everyday for work.:mad:

gman
20th March 2009, 01:38 AM
Is this on the Astra? I think the SRI-T has a hydrulic clutch slave cylinder...

Not sure on the 2.2's....

auzvectra
20th March 2009, 01:56 AM
if u mean, internal to the gearbox selecter arms, i've done the 3rd/4th before, n think i've done the 1st/2nd now :(.
maybe u broke the linkages but, easy to do, it's just a plastic clip ;). done that 1 too :p.

b&b custom
20th March 2009, 08:18 AM
Is this on the Astra? I think the SRI-T has a hydrulic clutch slave cylinder...

Not sure on the 2.2's....

yep 2.2 the same hydrulic, linkages look to be working i mucked around with the gear stick side to up & down & ended up picking 4th got me home,no noises coming out of box so i think i might have bent the the selector internaly. off to work now pulling the box out tonite mate with xr6 turbo coming over to help. he followed me home last nite i was out with yhe car club when it happened:o

b&b custom
21st March 2009, 12:49 AM
Off to the wreckers first thing might have a box to put in while the other one's a part. Wan'ted to go 6sp but not enough funny money to throw around at the monment doing to much other stuff [supercharger,rear shock's etc] that's taking up the fund's.
Should not have happened now double bummer. Thank's auzvectra might be a weak point ?.Do you have a short shifter, i built my own it is bent toward's the dash a lot more.About 65% shorter actualy major headach but worth it's weight in gold.
Got sick of the arm hitting the hump of the sri seat's not no more now. look's good to plus the misses reckons it is easier to change. double bonus.

cobey
21st March 2009, 11:59 AM
driving on Rockhampton roads its amazing the car is still holding together

b&b custom
21st March 2009, 12:07 PM
driving on Rockhampton roads its amazing the car is still holding together
I just got back from the wreckers on our so called good road's:confused: up here,
all way's have to have the eye's open for the moon crater's :yikes:the 18x 35's don't like em.

cobey
21st March 2009, 02:48 PM
when i lived in rocky my old torana use to rattle and bounce around as you went along musgrave street over the old bridge in the left hand lane as you go through those lights

b&b custom
21st March 2009, 03:18 PM
when i lived in rocky my old torana use to rattle and bounce around as you went along musgrave street over the old bridge in the left hand lane as you go through those lights

Thats been fixed, also theres a big concrete barrier in the middle of musgrave street past where the old cop shop used to be to in front of the ten pin center they put it because a young fella drag racing took himself out on the palm trees & servely hurt a couple of others they were in the back of the ute.
Been here all my life still can't get over the road's or the way they drive. but you would not belive it they have fixed dension street the one that use to be like a goat track with the train line up the middle.

b&b custom
21st March 2009, 08:09 PM
Starting to pull out gearbox tonite to busy today on this computer:o.
Talking to my mate about lighting the fly wheel said i can take it over to his work:cornut: yahoo more sting :D

b&b custom
22nd March 2009, 01:13 AM
Starting to pull out gearbox tonite to busy today on this computer:o.
Talking to my mate about lighting the fly wheel said i can take it over to his work:cornut: yahoo more sting :D

Took out battery to get a good look and found it had sheared of the roll pin in the selector shaft yahoo man i am so pleased:p.
the lad with xr6 turbo come over and helped we are going for a drive now,
stillgoing to lighten the fly wheel.

:) HAS ANY BODY GOT ONE LAYING AROUND & HOW MUCH:)
TO SUIT Z22SE

b&b custom
22nd March 2009, 02:32 PM
:yikes:man not a good birthday looks like i just did a selector fork.
has anybody else damaged one before.

it's not common is it i think i was that little bit to rough

i'll be busy on the weekend i'd say.
misses not happy had to wake her up & tell her
she uses the car everyday for work.:mad:

Here's a couple of pic's of what happened.
And where it was.
http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/th_gordonsopelcylheadpics211.jpghttp://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/th_gordonsopelcylheadpics210.jpghttp://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/th_gordonsopelcylheadpics209.jpghttp://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/th_gordonsopelcylheadpics202.jpghttp://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/bcustom/th_gordonsopelcylheadpics199.jpg

auzvectra
22nd March 2009, 03:39 PM
how the hell did u do that, i'm brutal on the gbox n havent even done that (yet) ;).

b&b custom
22nd March 2009, 04:06 PM
how the hell did u do that, i'm brutal on the gbox n havent even done that (yet) ;).

I don't know mabey there was a fracture in the roll pin or or a stuff up when it was hardened.:o
Glad it was that and not a selector fork. the car had 103000 k's on it when we got it mabey that had something to do with it too.

When you look at it there's a hell a of a lot of preasure that get's put on a 6mm roll pin don't think they would be thinking the gear box would be getting treated like a racing car. I don't muck around when i change gear's when i'm up her.