PDA

View Full Version : Hi All, from HOBO1

hobo1
31st August 2004, 08:28 AM
I joined late last week so decided I'd better say hi all. I've put a couple of posts in the great deals section which I hope are of some assistance to you. :D

I've got a Barina/Corsa B and am surprised at how few there seems to be around, especially modified ones - maybe it's just my part of the world, I reside in Berwick, Vic. :(

My mid-life crises has seen me sell my excellent '95 Falcon to my son and decide to keep my inherited '97 Barina. My Mum had clocked-up only 26,000 ks on her '97 model when she passed away on Christmas Day, she loved that little car and I couldn't sell it (being a mini fan anyway x3 of them in the past). So.........I've kept it and started doing it up with 15" RJR Racer alloys with low profile Pirellis, 2" exhaust with 4" stainless steel turbo muffler, tints, sunroof, de-badged pending Corsa badges, K&N filter, and my spoiler should arrive very soon (1 week) from Germany for painting and fitting. Then goes on the skirts, rear spoiler and wing. 8)

I've flipped the petrol switch under the bonnet from 91 to 95 octane rating and now run on premium/optimax and have a high performance oil in her, together with the K&N and the zorst, it goes like a rocket and makes a very nice noise (the guy at the zorst shop had never fitted one that big to such a car). :twisted:

I'm looking forward to getting my www.opelaus stickers soon. They'll shine nicely all the time since I clean my car daily - literally. Yes, I know, "he's crazy, cleaning his car every day". But, 'what the hell' that's my only hobby - could be worse. :wink:

ANY IDEAS GUYS, WHAT ELSE I COULD DO TO MY CAR????????

FlySri
31st August 2004, 04:49 PM
Hi and welcome !!!!
You could come on the next cruise !!! That would be something to do to it !!!! :D
Hope to see you !!!
:twisted:

Dregger
31st August 2004, 09:15 PM
i second that fly!

i wanna see this little rocket of urs!

Degen-Astra
1st September 2004, 09:09 AM
Welcome and Welcome.

I like you have OWD (Obssesive Washing Disorder).

Maybe a new suspension set up or brake upgrade. Always need some WHOA for that GO. :wink:

hobo1
1st September 2004, 09:59 AM
I've considered lowering it but with the wider & low profile Pirellis and RJR alloys it already scrapes lightly over bumps when I have a rear passenger, but othrwise would love to lower her. :cry:

windy
3rd September 2004, 09:42 AM
Welcome Hobo!

Car sounds nice- post up some pics if you can :)

Cheers
Windy