PDA

View Full Version : Exchange rates

Nurb608
17th March 2009, 08:14 PM
Was looking today and can't believe how much cheaper it is to get something from Germany vs the UK at the moment. For something thats around 500 Euro, it would cost just under a grand from germany, just over $1200 from the UK :yikes:. Damn GBP!

Wraith
17th March 2009, 08:21 PM
Looking at mods for the VXR already Rory :)

Awesome :cornut:

I've purchased quite a bit of stuff from the U.K when the economy was fine - damn expensive alright :(

Nurb608
17th March 2009, 08:22 PM
lol, how did you know :p

Calibrated
17th March 2009, 08:23 PM
kinda obvious :p

Wraith
17th March 2009, 08:24 PM
kinda obvious :p

Of course lol :lol:

poita
17th March 2009, 08:28 PM
even this guy could see that

http://mybuddieslive.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/stevie_wonder.jpg

Nurb608
17th March 2009, 08:30 PM
hehe. just need cash first damn it! so many mods, not enough money

Wraith
17th March 2009, 08:32 PM
even this guy could see that

http://mybuddieslive.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/stevie_wonder.jpg

Hahahahahahahaha LOL :lol: poor Stevie :)

Hey Rory, what have you got in your sights ???

450kw upgrade package :eek1:

Nurb608
17th March 2009, 08:34 PM
Hahahahahahahaha LOL :lol: poor Stevie :)

Hey Rory, what have you got in your sights ???

450kw upgrade package :eek1:

lol, not quite that extreme yet. airbox conversion, exhaust, fmic, garret turbo, tuning software, where do you stop with these things?

vectraguy01
17th March 2009, 08:35 PM
the euro has always been better than the pound, the euro before it fell used to be .60-.65 same as the current US dollar. The pound has always been around .40-.45 pence.

poita
17th March 2009, 08:35 PM
you dont stop once you start modifying a car, ask auz ;)

Wraith
17th March 2009, 08:38 PM
lol, not quite that extreme yet. airbox conversion, exhaust, fmic, garret turbo, tuning software, where do you stop with these things?

Holy engine tune upgrade Batman....:lol:

Your gonna need of all that tosh you saved on the VXR's price for that above shipped in from o/s...lucky you didn't buy the VXR before the economic crunch hit :cornut:

Go for it :)

Nurb608
17th March 2009, 08:40 PM
no way i'm gettin it all at once! start with the airbox i think.

Wraith
17th March 2009, 08:40 PM
you dont stop once you start modifying a car, ask auz ;)

Ask all of us here who've done so :yesnod:

Although sometimes when I think about it I feel like doing this :mad2:

But then I just end up doing it over again on another car lol :crazy:

poita
17th March 2009, 08:41 PM
yer, i cant talk i suppose.
not much has been left alone.

if its standard i have pulled it apart at seom stage for a 'look' lol

Wraith
17th March 2009, 08:44 PM
no way i'm gettin it all at once! start with the airbox i think.

That's the way to do it Rory, take your time...:)

Heck I'm still playing around modding my vert 5 years on...:idea:

Wraith
17th March 2009, 08:46 PM
if its standard i have pulled it apart at seom stage for a 'look' lol

LOL I'm guilty of that too - I'll take items apart anyway and then try to put em back together better than stock in any way if I can :)

Nurb608
17th March 2009, 08:51 PM
I'm just happy I'll have a car that can be modded for decent gains.

Wraith
17th March 2009, 08:56 PM
I'm just happy I'll have a car that can be modded for decent gains.

Sure can Rory...

Get yourself a multi re-flash program tool for starters, without having to do anything else, that'll give you decent gains and keep you smiling for a while...and you can return it to stock tune whenever you want in minutes :)

Nurb608
17th March 2009, 08:59 PM
Sure can Rory...

Get yourself a multi re-flash program tool for starters, without having to do anything else, that'll give you decent gains and keep you smiling for a while...and you can return it to stock tune whenever you want in minutes :)

Thats what i'm looking at at the moment. There are3, the IPF, Bluefin and Dreamscience. For stage 1 I like the results from the IPF but wanting other peoples opinions. Can't get an unbiased one of the UK forum, seems like a sore point lol.

Wraith
17th March 2009, 09:03 PM
Thats what i'm looking at at the moment. There are3, the IPF, Bluefin and Dreamscience. For stage 1 I like the results from the IPF but wanting other peoples opinions. Can't get an unbiased one of the UK forum, seems like a sore point lol.

Go to the O/A and local VXR forum section Rory and get some tips from the local VXR boys - alot of those guys have the above and 'should' give good 1st hand advice - decide from there :)

Nurb608
17th March 2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah, had a look on Hsvvxr.com, couldn't really find much on the IPF :(

Wraith
17th March 2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah, had a look on Hsvvxr.com, couldn't really find much on the IPF :(

I think most guys here have the Bluefin - seems like a great product...

sooty
17th March 2009, 11:28 PM
IPF is the EDS IPF by regal yeah? huge tuner of vauxhalls so there'd be guaranteed quality there too. ;)

CNBLU
17th March 2009, 11:34 PM
its like the holden and ford thing. both are good and you will have people that vote for both. MY OPINION is bluefin has the better map. Im always chatting to the uk boys about the IPF unit and they have had some minor problems with it.

beauty of the bluefin is you get the maps for free.

ps. lol @ rory, havnt even got the car and your already modding away:D

Nurb608
17th March 2009, 11:54 PM
Yeah, IPF is the EDS tool. I aw waiting for a dyno print out for it.

Gav, when you say you get the maps free with the bluefin, does that mean they supply all the maps right through to stage 4 at no cost?

CNBLU
18th March 2009, 12:20 AM
Not sure on that one rory. You might have to ask subzero as he has a unit. i think you just purchase the unit and the maps come for free.

Nurb608
18th March 2009, 12:25 AM
Ah cool. I'll ask around at the dyno day at have a look how their power is delivered on the print out if anyone is running them

CNBLU
18th March 2009, 12:26 AM
excellent idea

sooty
18th March 2009, 05:02 PM
Ah cool. I'll ask around at the dyno day at have a look how their power is delivered on the print out if anyone is running them

Burcin is running his, and shaun has posted a graph of his before with the bluefin. But we know what Burcin ran last time on this dyno, so will be interesting to see what it can do this time now it has the bluefin, will give you a real peak into what it can do ;)