PDA

View Full Version : Canberra Tuner

Djbarnstar
15th March 2009, 09:51 PM
Hey all, can you recommend someone who has a dyno, has experience and can look after a turbo astra as I am looking for a full intake, exhaust and boost increase tune in the act.

Cheers.

auzvectra
15th March 2009, 10:44 PM
so ne particular reason ur after a custom tune?

Djbarnstar
16th March 2009, 11:23 PM
Ohh Yeahh.

The custom tunes have always been the best. Can maximise the results and engine tempraments. I've had plenty of mail order tunes in my V8's and turbos but the custom tunes in my SC3.8 and 2.6TT have always had that ultimate sweet spot.

I feel that it is worth it if I am going to keep the car for a while and make some other mods prior to the tuning.

auzvectra
17th March 2009, 09:18 AM
i do know what u mean, but the astra is in a whole different league ;).
trust me, i have seen the difference between custom and generic on the astra and the reall diiference would be lucky to be a couple of hp if even and a lot of $$$.
try n weight up $400 compared to around $1500 :).
and u know i'm not just doing a sales pitch, cause ur not in my area too :p.

in the end it's ur choice, but dont do the decision based on ur usual aus and jap cars ;).
also, dont be mislead into thinkin the ecu needs to be retuned for each lil mod, the ecu is smart enough to absorb more mods then u would think, inc the vxr injectors which are a lot bigger then the stock 1's, i think about 50% bigger from memory.

but if u do go for custom, i belive SAS does them (might still do) in sydney for like $1500-2000.
if u want to know ne of the thresholds in the ecu just ask me, n i'll answer ne that i know.