PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Wax

cobey
14th March 2009, 04:13 PM
Hey guys,
Thought i would wash my car today so i went and got some new wax and other things, thought i would try something different to what i usually get so i ended up getting Meguiars NXT generation Tech wax 2.0 this has left my car with a wet look finish and i recommend it 100% very impressed!!!!!!!!:D

dieselhead
14th March 2009, 04:26 PM
+1 for the NXT wax! I'm using it on my black Astra once a month and it makes the car look great. It also protects the paint and makes the car much easier to wash, too.

guy 27
14th March 2009, 04:29 PM
I tried it out and it does give a nice deep shine. I found it seemed better suited to darker coloured cars.
Only thing I did not like about it though was how long it lasted compared to some other waxes in the same price range. (Seemed to last about 1 month)

Neeko
14th March 2009, 07:13 PM
might give this one a try next :)

carab
14th March 2009, 10:40 PM
Only thing I did not like about it though was how long it lasted compared to some other waxes in the same price range. (Seemed to last about 1 month)

whys that bad?

Ive used the standard wetlook wax, but i think i might need to upgrade when this runs out.
Would people recommend the bar over liquid wax?

guy 27
14th March 2009, 11:02 PM
whys that bad?

Some people don't like to wax their car very often. I tend to use a wax on them that will last around 3 months but it does not have the same lustre and shine.

Personally though I use 2 layers of megs wet look wax followed by 2 layers of canuberra wax over the top. Have to redo it at least once a month.

Neeko
14th March 2009, 11:36 PM
Some people don't like to wax their car very often. I tend to use a wax on them that will last around 3 months but it does not have the same lustre and shine.

Personally though I use 2 layers of megs wet look wax followed by 2 layers of canuberra wax over the top. Have to redo it at least once a month.

how long does that take to complete every time?

guy 27
14th March 2009, 11:42 PM
It takes around 1 hour for every 2 layers of wax. I got a little electric waxer/polisher so it saves a lot of time.

The time I spend waiting for wax to set and bond is spent washing mums car.

Neeko
14th March 2009, 11:45 PM
It takes around 1 hour for every 2 layers of wax. I got a little electric waxer/polisher so it saves a lot of time.

win:win situation for you and your mum :) i've never really applied proper wax to my paint job. Just that wax it dry gel which i love using. My paint job is that rooted though, gravel and country roads just kill every thing. I know they look terrible but i really do wish i had mud flaps on the front.

R3N
15th March 2009, 12:04 AM

results of layering a carnauba over a synthethic wax is definitely noticable, but there are arguements for and against layering the same wax over and over, especially only an hour between layers, should be at least 12 hours for the first layer to set before putting on the next, otherwise you're just wiping away the first layer.

but if you think you can see the results then go for it, just my personal preference/opinion

guy 27
15th March 2009, 12:12 AM
results of layering a carnauba over a synthethic wax is definitely noticable, but there are arguements for and against layering the same wax over and over, especially only an hour between layers, should be at least 12 hours for the first layer to set before putting on the next, otherwise you're just wiping away the first layer.

I apply 2 layers of synthetic. Then following day apply the carnauba wax.
I should of explained it better in the first post about it.

Definitely a much richer shine and deeper gloss than either of the 2 products on their own.

Jeenous
15th March 2009, 01:45 AM
id love to sp3nd 2 days (not literally) waxing my car but when you live down a 1k dusty driveway dont matter a rats because back and sides are dirty after it.

Shay
15th March 2009, 01:56 AM
no joke the dust doenst sit there if its done well obvious exception if it get wet, you dont have to wash it as often it you keep it nicely waxed. i used a combo of NXT and wetlook by meguiars, not as shiny as it could be, paint is pretty rooted, but thats what you get with an old car parked outside all the time. pretty sure my clear coat is near gone.

Jeenous
15th March 2009, 03:54 PM
speaking of meguiars stuff its on special at your LOcal Repco shop atm...(yes i do work there :P)

Wraith
15th March 2009, 09:24 PM
:nopics1:

Oh I too totally reccomend any Meguires product and with regards to waxes have both the NXT next gen. and the Gold class - IMHO after having used both on the same cars, the Gold class is the better results and longer lasting of the 2 - give that one a go when the next gen runs out :)

Metro1288
15th March 2009, 09:28 PM
If you guys are interested in car detailing, try the following sites. They have some really good information:

http://www.detailparadise.com.au/index.php
http://www.finalinspection.com.au/forums/index.php

There are alot of products out there that cost about the same as Meguiars but perform better. I have the NXT wax as well, its pretty easy to use and you get nice results. I dont really use it anymore though as i prefer the look of a Carnauba wax.

guy 27
15th March 2009, 10:07 PM
:nopics1:

I just went and took a quick photo. Note the car has been driven in the rain and let air dry since waxing.

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/skyguy27/IMG_0083.jpg

Wraith
16th March 2009, 09:35 AM
^^^ Ah, thanks for the pic Guy, looks very clean and shiny there, that's a very good waxed finish :)