PDA

View Full Version : I want some VXR 19s...

BEK-46P
12th March 2009, 10:08 PM
Geez, the shelf life on my current Zenettis wasn't very long (4 months!). Now thinking of swapping them over for some VXRs (or similar), although still only about 90% sure ATM.

Want to move away from the black, into gunmetal. Any ideas?

What you guys think? And how much is TOO much to dish out for a set of second-hand VXRs?

glider
12th March 2009, 10:12 PM
there are some for sale atm, I believe they're around 16-1700 on the bay

maloo97
12th March 2009, 10:26 PM
Wheels only, But seriously go it!

Wraith
13th March 2009, 09:07 AM
Geez, the shelf life on my current Zenettis wasn't very long (4 months!). Now thinking of swapping them over for some VXRs (or similar), although still only about 90% sure ATM.

Want to move away from the black, into gunmetal. Any ideas?

What you guys think? And how much is TOO much to dish out for a set of second-hand VXRs?

Why only 4 months ???

Have you damaged them or just not liking them anymore :confused:

With regards to finish of any rims, I always suggest to people to stick to the mainstream colours/finishes...they never date or go out of fashion, things like black or chrome or white rims are a fashion fad, they come and they go !!! believe me, I have a very good mate who owns and runs his own wheel business for decades now and I've seen the wheel trends and what happens to them...

Get a set of hyper silver, shadow chromed or machined finish rims on your black car, they'll look heaps better than black rims and they'll always look good over time ;)

rjastra
13th March 2009, 11:53 AM
Yeah, what's the go with matt black rims? and those horrid ones with the red pinstripe around the rim edge?

GreyRex
13th March 2009, 12:05 PM
Get a set of hyper silver, shadow chromed or machined finish rims on your black car, they'll look heaps better than black rims and they'll always look good over time ;)

The updated shadow/polished VXR 19's look fantastic

I wish I had them, but don't fancy the outlay for them/tyre replacement costs

They're what i'd go for if you're going for that 'original' look, otherwise something similar

They're also more likely to look good in 2 or so years time IMO (over say black or white wheels)

Wraith
13th March 2009, 12:24 PM
Yeah, what's the go with matt black rims? and those horrid ones with the red pinstripe around the rim edge?

It's a fashion fad and 'at the time' trend...like all the others...it's only a matter of time before it'll look dodgey or even totally embarassing to have them on the car !

How about all those custom finishes of diamond encrusting or even leather clad rims...yep, I've seen croc skin leather clad rims and they costed a small fortune to do and IMHO looked totally ridiculous :rollyeys1:

Still each to their own, it's an individual thing :smile2:

BEK-46P
13th March 2009, 05:47 PM
Why only 4 months ???

Have you damaged them or just not liking them anymore :confused:

With regards to finish of any rims, I always suggest to people to stick to the mainstream colours/finishes...they never date or go out of fashion, things like black or chrome or white rims are a fashion fad, they come and they go !!! believe me, I have a very good mate who owns and runs his own wheel business for decades now and I've seen the wheel trends and what happens to them...

Exactly my thoughts!

No, the rims aren't damaged, but I guess I'm over the black rim/chrome lip look. To me, it's already dated and I sorta predicted that before I bought them. I have my eye on some VXRs or if I can get them, the HSV Commodore ones if they can fit them.

poita
13th March 2009, 05:58 PM
commodore wheels wont fit unfortunatly

tomtom
13th March 2009, 09:54 PM
Exactly my thoughts!

No, the rims aren't damaged, but I guess I'm over the black rim/chrome lip look. To me, it's already dated and I sorta predicted that before I bought them. I have my eye on some VXRs or if I can get them, the HSV Commodore ones if they can fit them.

How much you going to sell your zennetti's for? *interested*

BEK-46P
14th March 2009, 12:51 AM
How much you going to sell your zennetti's for? *interested*

$1200, includes bonus lock nuts! :p

R3N
14th March 2009, 03:08 AM
It's a fashion fad and 'at the time' trend...like all the others...it's only a matter of time before it'll look dodgey or even totally embarassing to have them on the car !

How about all those custom finishes of diamond encrusting or even leather clad rims...yep, I've seen croc skin leather clad rims and they costed a small fortune to do and IMHO looked totally ridiculous :rollyeys1:

Still each to their own, it's an individual thing :smile2:

;)

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/R3N/ta4.jpg

tomtom
14th March 2009, 03:10 AM
$1200, includes bonus lock nuts! :p

with tyres?

BEK-46P
14th March 2009, 11:04 AM
with tyres?

Rims only. They cost me $1700 in November.

tomtom
14th March 2009, 02:06 PM
fair nuf. Will have a good think about it so shoot me a PM when youre ready to part with them.

No problems with the extra width? The vxr rims (biggest OEM?) are only 8'' wide.

BEK-46P
14th March 2009, 03:04 PM
I haven't had any issues with them :)