PDA

View Full Version : Photo

ZC_74
7th March 2009, 09:39 AM
Guys

As some would know I am now driving a VE SSV and thus haven't been on here often.

That said, we are in the process of orgainising a photo shoot and I am scouring for ideas.

I did some good stuff with Opelaus when I was fully involved and thought you might be able to give me some ideas also.

Now, firstly. Location. Can someone tell me where the photo was taken on the very first screen when you land at Opelaus.com

Secondly, a couple of years ago, a photoshoot was done at a rail location with some wagons in the background. I know Ginge's car is still used in one of the Opelaus banners if that helps.

Cheers

sooty
7th March 2009, 09:56 AM
Opening page was taken in South Melbourne. i can't remember the exact location

glider
8th March 2009, 08:55 AM
Guys

As some would know I am now driving a VE SSV and thus haven't been on here often.

That said, we are in the process of orgainising a photo shoot and I am scouring for ideas.

I did some good stuff with Opelaus when I was fully involved and thought you might be able to give me some ideas also.

Now, firstly. Location. Can someone tell me where the photo was taken on the very first screen when you land at Opelaus.com

Secondly, a couple of years ago, a photoshoot was done at a rail location with some wagons in the background. I know Ginge's car is still used in one of the Opelaus banners if that helps.

Cheers

this one?
this was taken at hamilton train yard, which is at the end of theodore st, off of kingsford smith drive
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/images/banner/Banner03.jpg

ASTRAY
8th March 2009, 09:05 AM
i think he means the homepage mate, group photo.

http://www.opelaus.com/

glider
8th March 2009, 09:31 AM

Cheers

was what i was referring to

ASTRAY
8th March 2009, 10:05 AM
was what i was referring to
oooops, sorry mate :o

poita
8th March 2009, 07:13 PM
the rail carriages have gone afaik mate, was talking to dee about these a while back

glider
8th March 2009, 07:16 PM
yeah it was only the oil wagons when we were there last time I believe (oa annual shoot)

Wraith
9th March 2009, 03:51 PM
Guys

Cheers

Can't help with the topic at hand, but just want to say congrats on the new car...she's a beauty :thumbs:

ZC_74
9th March 2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks guys. Got some ideas. You have answered exactly what I asked

Can't help with the topic at hand, but just want to say congrats on the new car...she's a beauty :thumbs:

Thanks wraith. Going well now after spending some coin

Wraith
10th March 2009, 08:35 AM
Thanks guys. Got some ideas. You have answered exactly what I asked

Thanks wraith. Going well now after spending some coin

They sure do go well...and I'm sure it provides heaps of room for a family car :)

I was reading the recent Wheels or Motor, can't remember which one, but GMH have finally released the fuel active management version of the V8 in the VE's and the test results are fantastic according to them, they drove from Melb. to Sydney on a single tank of fuel !!!

Can't remember the exact figures, but the average combined fuel burn was around 8.6ltrs/100km...well below 10 which is remarkable for a 270kw 6.0ltr V8 engine in a large and heavy car :)

They said it works flawlessly and is so smoothly, you don't ever notice the 'V4' mode kicking in, and is one of the best combinations of power and economy you can now get in a vehicle, don't know why GMH left it so long to introduce this locally as it's now probably too little too late ???

I wonder if this will bring up the sales of the larger GMH vehicle range...:cool:

ZC_74
10th March 2009, 10:21 PM
Yeah mate it has been released but only in auto. It has gone down in power from 270 to 260.

I still suspect that Commodores in general will struggle with new car sales. I honestly don't believe this will be the generals saviour.

IMO people who buy V8's know they will get 'bad' fuel consumption but I have had mine sit on 8.5 on the freeway so I'm not that concerned. I can see the benefit in it but I honestly believe enthusiats will still buy the manual in order to tune it properly. I'm not sure how they will react to mods yet.

Wraith
11th March 2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah mate it has been released but only in auto. It has gone down in power from 270 to 260.

I still suspect that Commodores in general will struggle with new car sales. I honestly don't believe this will be the generals saviour.

IMO people who buy V8's know they will get 'bad' fuel consumption but I have had mine sit on 8.5 on the freeway so I'm not that concerned. I can see the benefit in it but I honestly believe enthusiats will still buy the manual in order to tune it properly. I'm not sure how they will react to mods yet.

But that's just it...ie: they're not that bad...

I've had plenty of V8's and most recent a HSV R8 and I could easily achieve under 10ltrs/100km if I drove it 'normal' or sensibly a bit of spirited driving thrown in would put me around 14-16ltrs/100km, but that's in similar territory to a BMW 3.0ltr TT IL6 or N/A Ford 4.0ltr IL6 and many other smaller capacity, lesser power output engines ! :)

I struggle to get under 10ltrs/100km in my 2.0ltr turbo vert, even if I drive it lightly !!!

As a comparison the Honda Civic type R gets a combined cycle of 9.3ltrs/100km !

Comparatively speaking V8's are not that bad, in an overall comparison, they consume more, but you'd have to be a constant lead foot to get the worse end of it and a lower power 1/2 or less capacity turbo charged 4 potter wouldn't be too far behind ! alot of people simply don't realise this ;)