PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

000OGY
3rd March 2009, 08:18 PM
just a random question...
just put my swaybar on and not sure if im meant to let racq know or not about it? also putting eibachs on hopefully at the end of this week, im thinking ill definately have to let them know about that?

poita
3rd March 2009, 08:23 PM
wat they dont know wont hurt.........

but seriously, they are classed as modifications and they should be told.
if it come down to it, they could wipe ur policy for not telling them

tomtom
3rd March 2009, 08:32 PM
+1 poita

There also may or may not be a clause stating the amount you are allowed to lower your car (eibachs - I assume lower).

With NRMA for example, 30mm on BASE model is the max you can lower. Any lower and your policy is void as more than 30mm lowering on a stock BASE model is illegal (here in NSW anyway).

Hope that helps

hazrd
3rd March 2009, 08:34 PM
start by ringing up as a new customer and tell them about it. if they say they wont insure u, then think about changing companies because if they find out and u havent told them like pete said... ur stuffed

i know shannons, just car, and famous insurance all cover it as long as they know about it

000OGY
3rd March 2009, 09:39 PM
yeh i rang up and acted like a new customer.. turns out there cool with lowering if its only 3cm and the lady didnt even know what a rear swaybar is hahaha

hazrd
3rd March 2009, 10:42 PM
yeh i rang up and acted like a new customer.. turns out there cool with lowering if its only 3cm and the lady didnt even know what a rear swaybar is hahaha

haha fail
oh well... if u got her name u can hold that one against them

vectraguy01
3rd March 2009, 10:51 PM
BTW a quick note, due to the finanual situation the insurance companys premiums are a alot higher, plus got my premium n paid $830 last yr on rating 1 and this yr its rating 1 $1100 called them and its due to the current situation, its crap just a quick note!!

hazrd
4th March 2009, 12:44 AM
thats absolute bullshit.... my missus's policy only went up 50 bucks this year and that because we moved from country to metro

kirssn
4th March 2009, 11:22 AM
simply put...... duty of disclosure - if you don't disclose it, then you're breaking the rules.......

i'm just about to move all of my cars across to shannons..... have yet to find a policy that can better theirs....

maloo97
4th March 2009, 11:38 AM
Just car insurance seems to be priced well and cover all mods

EL BURITO
4th March 2009, 01:04 PM
until it comes to a claim

GIO just state modified suspension nd the cost of all the bits

Neeko
4th March 2009, 11:11 PM

have a read