PDA

View Full Version : Astra Pics

windy
26th August 2004, 07:06 PM
Picked it up this morning :)

Window tint is great!! Glad I got it done now!

All windows are 'one touch' up and down which is cool and also has the close all windows automatically when you turn the key to the lock possi in the doors. Is this Standard on all models??

TC and ABS work great!

Great car to drive, didn't realise the auto had that much poke!!
Handles real good and the other half is very happy :D

Question about cruise control........Why isn't there a light or something to indicate that cruise is active?? :?:

Also, is there meant to be a seatbelt warning chime. Like when you go over 20km/h and dont have your belt on, like in the new commodores??

Finally.......Where do I find that fuse to see if I can fit fog lamps 8)

Sorry about all the Q's - Here are some quick pics I took this morning before I had to go to work.

Cheers
Windy

http://members.optusnet.com.au/hsv912/astra1.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/hsv912/astra2.jpg

Shazza
26th August 2004, 11:30 PM
Congrats on your new ride.... you should have trouble free motoring for years to come!

All Astra CD's have the same electric windows.
I cant remember the last time i even used cruise control, so I cant say much bout the light coming on or not.

The seatbelts however, I have never noticed a chime or anything, so nah I dont think they have them. And unfortunately I dunno bout the fog lights either, but would like to know.

mr_sikma
27th August 2004, 07:09 AM
congrats mate. hope you have fun.

Anonymous
27th August 2004, 07:39 AM
the part numbers to add foglights are
09181041 - SW - H/Lamp (headlamp switches with fogs front and rear) (about $140-150 mark)

24432680 - Relay 12 Volts (about $15-$20 mark)

12092078 - Fuse 15A Mini (40c ?)

i cant remember for sure because i did it so long ago, but i'm pretty sure the fuse and relay plug into the fuse area which is behind the storage compartment to the right of the steering wheel

kirssn
27th August 2004, 09:45 AM
she looks good windy.....

just remember... you get to drive the pink car and justine gets to drive the blue one - thats how it works isnt it???

:P

windy
27th August 2004, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the replies...........

Hi Shazza, What car do you have?
Cheers Samvac -I'll look into that soon!

Kirsty, Yeah the "pink" one is mine, but going soon :(
I'm driving the Astra at the moment though 8)

Here is the "pink" car:

gaero
27th August 2004, 10:12 AM
like samvac said, fuse area is behind the sunnies holder, you'll need a flat screwdriver, carefull the screws are only plastic, bottom two are a pain to get to
also they're not the thread type screw more like ikea twist 90degrees ones

think opel figures if one cant use a tool then one shouldn't be playing with the fuses

kirssn
27th August 2004, 10:28 AM
why is it going or do you have the beamer running???????

i like the pink car *kirs cries*

hey windy bum... you know how for years you guys been trying to convert me from the falcons to the commies.... welll i've just converted someone the other way hehehehe... brand new ba xr8 on the way... along with a vortech s/c hehehehe

the pink car has to stay...

whats justine driving atm if you've got the astra???????????? *confused*

rjastra
27th August 2004, 12:54 PM
Why isn't there a light or something to indicate that cruise is active??

Because it is obvious when it is on - lol

also has the close all windows automatically when you turn the key to the lock possi in the doors

Trust me , you will never use this feature other than tto show friends that you have it - lol

No seatbelt warning chime... just a warning light that comes on for 10 or so secs when you start the car.

windy
27th August 2004, 12:58 PM
hahahahha yeah very true RJ!!

Ok about the seatbelt light.
I'm slappin up some more questions in the tech section.
Not that technical, just BS really - LOL :)

Shazza
28th August 2004, 01:06 AM
Windy I got 2 Astra's 2000 Spec and 2002 Spec CD's.

Anonymous
28th August 2004, 09:31 AM
Very Nice Winduss :)
What car ya bring to the GCCV Cruise tonight?
The Big 'PINK' Opel or the The Good One :wink:

Dregger
28th August 2004, 01:45 PM
Yes the fuse is behind the sunglassess holder. the relay goes int eh engine bay in a black box above the battery. But the fuse, and there is only one spot that it fit into.

I highly suggest you buy the switch, otherwise you have to get a custom made one, the swithc for $150 is worth it, cause its just pull out old one and plug in the new one.

In regards to the actual fog likes, you can buy eithe the heller ones or buy the standard ones. I suggest the standard ones cause all they have to do is cut the hole. THey bolt right onto the bumper bar which already has the correct holes.

If you do want standard fog lights, buy these owm ones, i got them and they perfect! www.ozeparts.com just become a memeber (its free) and you get 10% off so i think the fog lights are only $95 each. Let me know if you need any more help (i added fogs to my car about a year ago).

windy
29th August 2004, 02:11 PM
COOL!!!!!!

Thanks for the info Dregger - I'll be sure to let you know :)
I'll probably do it after xmas or sometime early next year!

Here's some more pics.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/hsv912/back1.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/hsv912/side1.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/hsv912/interior1.jpg