PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen Astra Video At the Nurb

MatsHolden
25th February 2009, 10:48 PM
Did a search to see if it has been posted before, couldn't find anything so here it is.

Looks pretty sure footed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfr4Z9dnWis

sooty
25th February 2009, 10:52 PM
Hate the bus style wipers lol

immenotu
25th February 2009, 11:03 PM
Hate the bus style wipers lol

+1

Thats what stood out to me the most in the whole clip LOL

Shaun
25th February 2009, 11:11 PM
Hmmm i wonder what engine was fitted to that car. It wasnt a 1.8 thats for sure from the sounds of it. Could it be the replacement for the Z20LE* Range ?

poita
25th February 2009, 11:14 PM
oh the wipers look terrible.

but yes, it looks pretty stable on the track

MatsHolden
25th February 2009, 11:18 PM
Hmmm i wonder what engine was fitted to that car. It wasnt a 1.8 thats for sure from the sounds of it. Could it be the replacement for the Z20LE* Range ?

Yeah got a bit of a whistle on occasions. Wasn't sure if it was turbo noise or wind noise though. My thoughts were possibly the diesel.

Brazza
25th February 2009, 11:51 PM
Aesthetically there are some things I like about it and some things I don't... those tail lights have me in mind of the new lancer which I think is a good thing and the headlights are nice as well.

The thing is, I just can't like the body style, as much as I want to, there is just something there that I can't put my finger on that I don't like. In any case they are minor details and I didn't like the Astra H when I first saw that so perhaps this one will grow on me...

Seems to go pretty well though.

lee683
26th February 2009, 12:01 AM
yeah wipers aint the best, but i guess most the other euro cars are like that?? like pugs and cits.

not sure what that whistle is

Shay
26th February 2009, 12:12 AM
from what i could tell thru the checks it looks heeaps more rounded which i cant say im a fan of.

delemonte
26th February 2009, 01:51 AM
Yeh, it almost looks like a faaat Mirage or something :eek: I can't honestly say I like the look of it right now, but it does seem to stick fairly well... I hope it is nice when it comes out!

MatsHolden
26th February 2009, 10:15 AM
Aesthetically there are some things I like about it and some things I don't... those tail lights have me in mind of the new lancer which I think is a good thing and the headlights are nice as well.

Those tail lights aren't the real tail lights.

Brazza
26th February 2009, 11:18 AM
Those tail lights aren't the real tail lights.

I didn't just look at that video I found stills elsewhere.. though I can see how that was misconstrued

sooty
26th February 2009, 12:06 PM
My thoughts were possibly the diesel.

+1, sounds like the diesel style turbo whistle...just that constant hissing...

USC
26th February 2009, 08:00 PM
*I seriously doubt that whistle was the turbo..sounds more like a plane to me. If the turbo was that loud, this car will be as fast as an F1. The only stock car I can hear the turbo whistling from outside the car is the BMW X5 turbo diesel. Unless the guy had a microphone on the bonnet or something.
*Wipers are like the Honda Civic ones - not too bad I reckon
*Dont mind it overall. Cant wait to see the car in flesh:D

GreyRex
26th February 2009, 08:11 PM
+1, sounds like the diesel style turbo whistle...just that constant hissing...

I agree

Neeko
26th February 2009, 08:22 PM
sounds like a small jet is flying past. shall be interesting to see in the flesh

Red AH SRI T
26th February 2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks god it still had a nice loud horn like my SRiT unlike those horrible little japanese white goods.

I want a horn that says "**** OFF! GET OUT OF MY ****ING WAY!" not "excuse me would you kindly move out of the way? Thank you, have a nice day"

USC
26th February 2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks god it still had a nice loud horn like my SRiT unlike those horrible little japanese white goods.

I want a horn that says "**** OFF! GET OUT OF MY ****ING WAY!" not "excuse me would you kindly move out of the way? Thank you, have a nice day"

haha...a man horn. agree...the horn on the astra is one of the best I ve heard. I like beemer ones too.

GreyRex
26th February 2009, 11:05 PM
haha...a man horn. Agree...the horn on the astra is one of the best i ve heard. I like beemer ones too.

+1

tomtom
27th February 2009, 04:29 PM
yer I've noticed that eh? Jap cars tend to have very "nice horns". My mate beeped me to say hi and its all great - everyone knows he was saying hi, all the kiddies and mothers continue on their way. I return the favour I get all these dirty looks "damn hoons 'causing a ruckus IM JUST TRYING TO TAKE MY KIDS TO SCHOOL BURN IN HELL JUST DIE" :(

Shay
27th February 2009, 05:08 PM
i dont think mine is man enough...

off topi: i know a guy with a truck horn on his scooters. insanely loud. lol

glider
19th March 2009, 10:44 PM
the astra horns seem to be more of a rude harsh blast compared to the Japanese chirpy ones

Wraith
20th March 2009, 09:43 AM
Will reserve all judgement and comments until I see it fully exposed and know what all the technical specs are...looking forward to it and especially what the new hi performance models will shape out like...even the TDi - hopefully there's a major improvement in that variant like alot of the other brands are now releasing, some of the new TDi's are looking and sounding very nice indeed, I especially like the new BMW and Mazda TD donks :)