PDA

View Full Version : how hard is it?

darkirv
23rd February 2009, 09:05 PM
how hard is it to pick up a vectra b gsi? they look like a pretty decent car 147kw would go off

vectraguy01
23rd February 2009, 09:20 PM
Cant get them in Aust. only a UK spec model.

Vectracious
23rd February 2009, 10:09 PM
I'm sure Courtenay Sport can send you all the bits to make a GSi for the right price ;)

Jerram
23rd February 2009, 11:47 PM
as far as I can remember, the only difference between the normal V6 (as we have here) and the GSi is the inlet cams.

Auzvectra will be able to tell you, or vectra-sport.com (if that site's still going).

This was the same for the SuperTouring V6, though there was a special edition SuperTouring which added some other stuff which I can't remember; I think there was a lightened flywheel in there...

Jerram
23rd February 2009, 11:49 PM
Of course alternately you could pick up a Vectra C V6 (our V6 is their C Mk1 GSi engine) , with 155kW and a 0-100 of about 7.6 seconds.

auzvectra
24th February 2009, 12:30 AM
yeah thats pretty much spot on jerram, although that motor has 180 hp, so 20hp short of the 147kw mentioned up top, so not sure what spec darkirv is refering to??
common mistake of the C22SEL's 147"HP" maybe??
although i belive the Z20LET or prob C20LET was avaliable in the veccy b, which would be right for that power figure ;).

Calibrated
24th February 2009, 12:41 AM
C20LET is 150kw or 160kw (depending on tune)... so not that.

nuggz
24th February 2009, 12:41 AM
yeah thats pretty much spot on jerram, although that motor has 180 hp, so 20hp short of the 147kw mentioned up top, so not sure what spec darkirv is refering to?

Vectra V6 GSI
out of the factory was 192bhp @ fly
the only difference between the GSI and SRI(our version) was the cams

the GSI's have been good for 210-230hp (and thats the 2.5 engine)

HappySlapper82
24th February 2009, 12:42 AM
Vectra V6 GSI
out of the factory was 192bhp @ fly
the only difference between the GSI and SRI(our version) was the cams

the GSI's have been good for 210-230hp (and thats the 2.5 engine)

Stupid Holden :mad:

auzvectra
24th February 2009, 12:46 AM
hhhm, i was always under the belief that the gsi was 180hp compared to our 170hp version?? ohwell, been a few years since i was doin research on the v6's :p.

Wraith
24th February 2009, 08:29 AM
Yes, ^^^ all of our (Aust.) 2.5ltr V6's whether Calibra or Vectra are rated at 125kw / 170hp that's the manufacturers quoted figure...it's a different story on the dynos, where the power outputs are all over the place, ranging from under 100 to over 125kw ATW's...for the same type of vehicle.

I came across a website years ago where a guy had got a whole bunch of V6 Calis and dynoed them on the same day, same conditions, same dyno etc. and they all put out vastly different numbers, one of them laid down almost 130kw ATW, equating to somewhere around 150-160kw at the flywheel, all the Calis were stock standard too :)

auzvectra
24th February 2009, 09:05 AM
haha, thats just funny. although like the sri-t mine dyno'd at 131kw, and some go as los as about 105kw ;).

Wraith
24th February 2009, 09:12 AM
haha, thats just funny. although like the sri-t mine dyno'd at 131kw, and some go as los as about 105kw ;).

It's very common and always accepted for a certain type of forced induction vehicle to have different power outputs from one another, as just a slight variance in boost or a very slight leak somewhere etc. can cause a big difference in power output, but not so much for N/A powerplants of the same type...shows how in that particular case the engines are far from being equal and how mass production affects the outcome of both final assembly and individual component consistancy.

Neeko
24th February 2009, 10:00 AM
It's very common and always accepted for a certain type of forced induction vehicle to have different power outputs from one another, as just a slight variance in boost or a very slight leak somewhere etc. can cause a big difference in power output, but not so much for N/A powerplants of the same type...shows how in that particular case the engines are far from being equal and how mass production affects the outcome of both final assembly and individual component consistancy.

the final assembly is something audi pride themself on. My dad took a tour in the German factory and when the chassis gets "married" together (thats what they called the process) the difference in chassis length is as little as 0.1mm

Wraith
24th February 2009, 10:50 AM
the final assembly is something audi pride themself on. My dad took a tour in the German factory and when the chassis gets "married" together (thats what they called the process) the difference in chassis length is as little as 0.1mm

True, that seems to be the case for 'some' of the better high end brands/manufacturers, although 'final hand assembled' engines such as those from Ferrari and Nissans new GT-R also show a wide inconsistency in power outputs, especially those from the GT-R, again forced induction will show bigger margins...

Not surprising though with a mass production Opel unit :)

Neeko
24th February 2009, 10:54 AM
True, that seems to be the case for 'some' of the better high end brands/manufacturers, although 'final hand assembled' engines such as those from Ferrari and Nissans new GT-R also show a wide inconsistency in power outputs, especially those from the GT-R, again forced induction will show bigger margins...

Not surprising though with a mass production Opel unit :)

yeah i was really only referring to chassis productions lol
crazy how something identical can vary so much