PDA

View Full Version : 370 rev match technology - I shall eat my words

tomtom
23rd February 2009, 03:21 AM
As some may or may not remember, when we had a thread about the new 370z i had a bitch about the rev-match technology of their gear box, saying from a driving purest perspective that it was a stupid and was a disgusting piece of work.

Well, I just saw it in action on Best motoring and I must say, it looked so smooth and excellent that I will now eat my words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKtT1lodo5k

@ 1:28

Coupled with the fact that you can turn it on and off, I am now 100% won over :cool:

It also looks fantastic in white.

Wraith
23rd February 2009, 08:20 AM
As some may or may not remember, when we had a thread about the new 370z i had a bitch about the rev-match technology of their gear box, saying from a driving purest perspective that it was a stupid and was a disgusting piece of work.

Well, I just saw it in action on Best motoring and I must say, it looked so smooth and excellent that I will now eat my words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKtT1lodo5k

@ 1:28

Coupled with the fact that you can turn it on and off, I am now 100% won over :cool:

It also looks fantastic in white.

Absolutely totally agree and I was all for it in the other thread :) can't understand all the knockers of this sort of thing, their loss I say ;)

It's the same with the automated manuals which have this function, after having driven one - I LOVE IT !!!! only thing is you can't switch it off 'permanantly' but in the car I drove it's active only in sports mode... :)

oneightoo
23rd February 2009, 09:53 AM
sounds like a case of a "dont argue until you know what you're talking about" sort of thing..

JohnBu
23rd February 2009, 09:59 AM

apology accepted! haha

i'm actually excited about this car- basically has everything i want.. performance and looks.

Wraith
23rd February 2009, 10:49 AM
apology accepted! haha

i'm actually excited about this car- basically has everything i want.. performance and looks.

And a very nice looking and highly featuerd, very good quality interior...

You know you want one, go for it :cornut:

They should be on display at the coming Melb auto show John :)

JohnBu
23rd February 2009, 11:15 AM
yeah I would like.

I hope the interior is better than Nissan's past efforts.

i'm blowing $20k on a european holiday in April so there's the deposit gone..

Wraith
23rd February 2009, 01:22 PM
yeah I would like.

I hope the interior is better than Nissan's past efforts.

i'm blowing $20k on a european holiday in April so there's the deposit gone..

Interior is DEFINITELY better - seen numerous 1st hand write ups on US forums where the 370Z has already hit the showrooms and the streets :)

Don't worry about the deposit, just grab one and pay it all off over 60 months :) and then update... :D

Seriously though, just wait till they're in Nissan showrooms and see if you can strike a bargain, they're all struggling ATM, I reckon after the initial buy up, they'll struggle to sell anymore so there's a good chance to get a good price discount...

Shaun
23rd February 2009, 10:48 PM
I like the look of the 370Z . And the seem pretty quick in the clip. Nissan is back with Preformance cars . Its about time.

Wraith
24th February 2009, 08:37 AM
I like the look of the 370Z . And the seem pretty quick in the clip. Nissan is back with Preformance cars . Its about time.

They certainly are back here in Aust. in a big way...both GT-R and Z series coupes available from Nissan Aust. showrooms is just fantastic !

Their line up with the 'Infiniti' brand has always provided performance options for other car markets around the World, but they never introduced it in Aust.

It's all good for people here wanting to acquire these types of vehicle :)

DirtyHarry
24th February 2009, 09:46 AM
looking at the official photos..the car looks pretty good.

Wraith
24th February 2009, 10:44 AM
looking at the official photos..the car looks pretty good.

Sure does, here's some samples :)

http://i42.tinypic.com/2h81fgk.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/oub605.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/fk8k2c.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/9j13yg.jpg

Interior is pretty good too...

Already hailed as providing basic N/A Porsche 911 performance/drive and many other features which the Porsche dosn't have at 1/3rd the price of the Porsche here in Aust. and has also been compared to the BMW 135i and beaten it on most counts...spectacular car :)

DirtyHarry
24th February 2009, 01:08 PM
i love the one in silver and blue.
love the wheels on the silver one..

poita
24th February 2009, 01:11 PM
wonder if the headlight and tail light lens's are interchangeable :lol:

looks good though

Wraith
24th February 2009, 01:24 PM
wonder if the headlight and tail light lens's are interchangeable :lol:

looks good though

Yeah, both fish hook design and the only exterior styling I don't like, but will reserve final judgement to after I've seen it in the flesh :)

Over in the US reaction has been mixed, they either love or hate the look of the thing, interestingly alot of those who don't like it are current 350Z owners :rollyeys1: maybe not happy their rides have been succeeded with a better one :mad2: :shocked:

Senor Ed
24th February 2009, 01:34 PM
Did you hear how much shorter it is compared to the 350Z?

I WANT ONE

Wraith
24th February 2009, 01:42 PM
Did you hear how much shorter it is compared to the 350Z?

I WANT ONE

Yeh, only about 50 or 100mm AFAIK...

But it also has a wider track as well :)

This car has been set up from factory as a track weapon...so for everyday ride comfort, it may not be the best, that's what some reports have suggested...still be good to try one out and see how you feel about it :)

I say get one, for the money it won't dissapoint and there'll be plenty of aftermarket for it before long, TT kits will be available just as they were for the 350Z, instant 11sec. animal with one of those :eek:

rjastra
24th February 2009, 02:50 PM
Over in the US reaction has been mixed, they either love or hate the look of the thing,

That is usually a good "thing". Means the styling grows on people and ages better.