PDA

View Full Version : DAALDER Exhausts

ROCCO
22nd February 2009, 08:11 PM
Hi All,

Well I think my cat has shit itself. I'm thinking about taking the car to Daalder Exhausts in Dandenong.
Just wondering if anyone has had any prior experience with them?? What has there turn around time been with regards to getting stuff done there?
I work in Dandenong South so thats why i'm looking at going there I can drop it off prior to work then pick it up hopefully during lunch.
At the moment I'm thinking about heading down there tomorrow during my lunch break and getting a price on a New CAT. I'm currently getting the lovly rattle sound when cold and nothing when warm routine that is famous for buggered cats.
I might get them to have a quick look and let me know if i'm on the right track.
anyways let me know what you guys think of the palce...cheers:cornut:

boosted_astra
22nd February 2009, 08:24 PM
they are ok i guess they did my old corsa c cat back and did a very good job

ROCCO
22nd February 2009, 08:33 PM
What sort of price did they charge you for that?

boosted_astra
22nd February 2009, 09:19 PM
i had a 2 1/2" exhaust, high flow cat, hotdogs, to a twin 2" chrome dumper tips... cost me around $900-$950 custom done there about year and a half ago... i think it was a little on the costly side but im telling you, this barina sounded sick! because i had a manual, once you got the car nicely warmed up you could play with the sound making it very gargly on the deaccelaration, a very deep throaty gargle!! when you really punched it, the exhaust made the difference changing the sound to almost rally-car like, really sporty.... miss it a little bit!
but yeh try them they might be able to help you out....

ROCCO
22nd February 2009, 11:44 PM
I just hope its something to do with the exahust....its a rattle that changes i.e gets faster as teh revs increase but once the temp is up...its not there any more. I've checked oil levels etc and its deifnitly nothing like that.
Im kinda clutching as staws here

Wraith
23rd February 2009, 08:46 AM
Hi All,

Well I think my cat has shit itself. I'm thinking about taking the car to Daalder Exhausts in Dandenong.
Just wondering if anyone has had any prior experience with them?? What has there turn around time been with regards to getting stuff done there?
I work in Dandenong South so thats why i'm looking at going there I can drop it off prior to work then pick it up hopefully during lunch.
At the moment I'm thinking about heading down there tomorrow during my lunch break and getting a price on a New CAT. I'm currently getting the lovly rattle sound when cold and nothing when warm routine that is famous for buggered cats.
I might get them to have a quick look and let me know if i'm on the right track.
anyways let me know what you guys think of the palce...cheers:cornut:

Rocco, I think it's 'Daadler'...they have outlets in quite a few suburbs.

I've had lots of work done by them (Dandenong outlet) on my cars - they're very very good !!!

Always the same guys there for years now and they take pride in their work and do it exactly as you want or ask them too...and if booked in, they'll complete your car on time, I've always got work done on Saturday mornings from there.

Their pricing is also very good and competitive, both on parts and labour...I fully recommend them, Wayne's the man to talk to there :)

PaulyJ
23rd February 2009, 01:22 PM
Very professional people.
Had to get a roadworthy EPA test done, and they were a great help.

ROCCO
23rd February 2009, 06:12 PM
sweeeeet....although $270 for a standard cat is a bit steep

PaulyJ
23rd February 2009, 06:14 PM
Didn't say they were cheap... said they were good.

Wraith
24th February 2009, 08:40 AM
sweeeeet....although $270 for a standard cat is a bit steep

Rocco, shop around, get more quotes, go back to them, speak to Wayne and he'll either match or beat your best quote !!! ;)

And as mentioned, they do really good work :)

ROCCO
24th February 2009, 05:47 PM
yup went to my mechanic in the end...it wasn't a busted cat...was the timing betl cover vibrating. said i could take the car as there really wasn't much he could do.
But I was thinking what I might do is get a new cover...only costs $25 from Preston motors and get him to fit a new one...see if that can stop the noise.

Wraith
25th February 2009, 12:13 PM
All fixed then... :)

Keep Daadler (Dandenong branch) in mind just in case you do need exhaust work done in the future :)

boosted_astra
25th February 2009, 06:36 PM
you know what i think fuc*k the cat just go strait threw. fuc em

nuggz
25th February 2009, 06:43 PM
you know what i think fuc*k the cat just go strait threw. fuc em

You could do that, and be fully sik

SRI004
25th February 2009, 06:59 PM
They're fairly pricey mate. go to autofast next to predders on princess highway instead for a top job and very competetive price indeed!

Wraith
25th February 2009, 09:38 PM
They're fairly pricey mate. go to autofast next to predders on princess highway instead for a top job and very competetive price indeed!

That's what I do, go to them and some others in the area and then back to Daadlers for a beat on all their quotes LOL...

Daadlers do the much better work from what I've seen and had done on my cars and some mates cars and they take very good care of your vehicle...despite their workshop looking like a bomb has gone off in there LOL :lol:

Speaking of that Pedders above, I can also recommend them, they've fitted up springs and dampers to 2 of my cars in the past and done a very good and reasonably priced job :)