PDA

View Full Version : Astra Convertible...any problem?

leon1982
25th August 2004, 03:04 PM
Hi guys, I'm a newbie here...so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions :)

I'm planning to get an Astra Convertible (the turbo one if the resource allows). I'd like to know from your experiences with the Convertible whether the car has some common major mechanical problems (incl. the roof).
Can you please share your experiences (good and bad)?

Thanks in advance guys

Leon

opel_calibra
25th August 2004, 03:39 PM
well the mrs has one so i can comment here... roof is fine.. never gets stuck .. no leaks whatsoever... had the car a few months now and there hasnt been a thing wrong with it... lovely car and goes lovely too

leon1982
25th August 2004, 04:07 PM
well the mrs has one so i can comment here... roof is fine.. never gets stuck .. no leaks whatsoever... had the car a few months now and there hasnt been a thing wrong with it... lovely car and goes lovely too

Thanx opel_calibra...any other?

TopLess Opel
25th August 2004, 04:18 PM
yeh i have a convertible i love it i havent had any problems yet :|

FlySri
25th August 2004, 04:43 PM
Hi there !! And welcome !!!

I was at Holden one day and a guy came in, the roof wouldn't go up !!!
Don't know exactly what the beef was but there is a manual lever to operate it !!
He did get it fixed, I see him around !!!

leon1982
25th August 2004, 06:23 PM
yeh i have a convertible i love it i havent had any problems yet :|

Thanks..hope you wont get any :) enjoy!!

As long as the problem is not a major mechanical problem..I dont really mind...the reason why I'm very concerned is because currently I'm driving a Mini Cooper and the problems come one after another..and the final one (hopefully) was the gearbox problem. I got it fixed under curtesy of BMW...so I'm planning to sell it and get an Astra Convertible

so the more opinions and experiences the better for me

Cheers :)

Anonymous
25th August 2004, 06:37 PM
The only Problems I've seen/Heard/Experienced(I don't have one, Hire Cars)
The roofs Jam down and/or Won't go down and Jam half up. Its a common Problem that has been reticfied by Holden and Most Should be Fine :)

If ya looking for a Turbo Cabrio, Good Luck. There not sold no more and 2nd hand is rarer than Rocking Horse Poo :bang: Coz I wanted to trade my SRi for a Turbo Cabrio, But none are around.

Jass
26th August 2004, 07:49 AM
The only thing with the Covertible turbo version is that it doesnt have the TC button on there.

leon1982
26th August 2004, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys..
I really want the turbo..but again...it all depends on the resource I have when the time comes...but I'll definately get a conv.

cheers

leon1982
31st August 2004, 05:57 PM
What about the insurance on a Convertible? Are they expensive?
I'm not over 25 yet..but I use my dad's name..so I reckon I should be able to get cheaper insurance...like with any other cars...wadya reckon?

extralarge
31st August 2004, 07:49 PM
conv turbo doesn't share that rewarding chassis as the srit hatch.

other day saw a light blue astra convertible. the guy had one hand on the wheel, one hand holding the roof so it wouldn't fall.

didn't look good and rarely seen. was raining moderately then as well. he was on his way to summit holden ard melbourne city obviously to get it fixed.

jch75
4th September 2004, 06:54 PM
Ive heard that the early converts had a few problems with the roof. I guess as with any Holden, don't buy a series one if you are going down the near new path.

Wraith
5th September 2004, 05:45 PM
G'day Leon, I'm also new and also own what your looking for ie: Astra Turbo Convertible.
Beautiful car, 8 months old no problems (as yet) everything works like clockwork.
You'll have to find one second hand cause Holden only sold them for a short period of time (8 months I believe) best place where I've seen a few is the classifieds in the Age - paper or online.
Best of luck in finding one, I think there the ultimate TS Astra model (my opinion of course)... :wink: