PDA

View Full Version : Nurb Shoot for Motor Mag

hazrd
15th February 2009, 09:37 PM
Found this on Aus Ford Forums, one of the members on there did the shoot for it... and put a couple of behind the scenes shots on there:

http://brasherphotos.blogspot.com/

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8417/mg8925frontrigbgwl9.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7381/mg8906frontrigbglg6.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3131/mg8892rearrig2bghr1.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7093/rearrig1gt2.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1751/interiorua3.jpg

Wraith
16th February 2009, 08:23 AM
Nice shots !!!

Excellent photography :)

glider
16th February 2009, 11:06 AM
nice photo, just wish i could use it as my wallpaper (too small)

Senor Ed
16th February 2009, 11:32 AM
I'm confused (slightly off topic) but didnt the nurburgring editions comes with the remus exhaust standard. That looks like it has the standard centre tip.

BTW: Awesome pics

glider
16th February 2009, 11:34 AM
I dont think ours did...

rjastra
16th February 2009, 12:20 PM
I have heard rumours that Motor mag will eventually be closed.

GreyRex
16th February 2009, 12:20 PM
I'm confused (slightly off topic) but didnt the nurburgring editions comes with the remus exhaust standard. That looks like it has the standard centre tip.

The one i checked out at a Holden dealer didnt...

Nor did the one spotted in NSW... http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21031

Senor Ed
16th February 2009, 12:29 PM

Ive bought motor for since 2001 but recently (last 2 years) it has been very ordinary.

I have pretty much stopped buying it....Now i only buy wheels and evo

GreyRex
16th February 2009, 12:32 PM
Ive bought motor for since 2001 but recently (last 2 years) it has been very ordinary.

I have pretty much stopped buying it....Now i only buy wheels and evo

I'm similar

I can only read so many Commodore/Falcon stories before I start to lose interest

Was good of them to at least include a review of this... and at least finish off by saying they like it

Wraith
16th February 2009, 02:39 PM

The VXR boys can correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK the Nurb. VXR has the same exhaust and every other mechanical running bits as the 'normal' VXR variant...power/torque output is the same, a Remus or other aftermarket exhaust would've added a little more to the power figure.

Only difference is the wheels, interior trim colours (white dots to the seat leather and piano black instead of polished aluminium trims) and of course the external graphic and other Nurb. track pics inside and out...

Wraith
16th February 2009, 02:41 PM

Interesting revelation rj...that would be something, leaves Wheels magazine on their own with no local competition :skep:

tomtom
16th February 2009, 05:42 PM
I've been buying and reading Top Gear Australia *embarrassed*.

Senor Ed
16th February 2009, 05:48 PM
Interesting revelation rj...that would be something, leaves Wheels magazine on their own with no local competition :skep:

I'm pretty sure wheels and motor are sister magazines

MatsHolden
16th February 2009, 07:22 PM
I'm pretty sure wheels and motor are sister magazines

They are... but MOTOR is more performance orientated.

Senor Ed
16th February 2009, 07:32 PM
They are... but MOTOR is more performance orientated.

Agreed they do not test Rav4's and such however, the jounalism and professionalism do not hold a candle to wheels.

Skribble
16th February 2009, 08:38 PM
I've been buying and reading Top Gear Australia *embarrassed*.

Should I be embarrassed that I've bought and read every Top Gear Australia mag so far?

I didn't know it was frowned upon... haha. Owhell. I'll probably keep reading it, I enjoy it.

hazrd
16th February 2009, 09:10 PM
Should I be embarrassed that I've bought and read every Top Gear Australia mag so far?

I didn't know it was frowned upon... haha. Owhell. I'll probably keep reading it, I enjoy it.

meh, each to their own :)
btw, just noticed your sig ..... ;)

ROCCO
16th February 2009, 10:23 PM
My wife got me a years subscription to Top Gear Aus magazine...and honeslty I lvoe reading it...as for the remus system...it appears holden strip all the good bits out of the astra before they arrive here in aus *waves fist* Damn you holden at least give it as a optional extra

Skribble
17th February 2009, 09:44 AM
Haha, yeah I just got the year subscription for valentines day. Lol.
I guess it's just everyone's own opinion. I don't like the show, but alot of the aussie mag is the same writers as the UK one, and the rest I find it pretty funny, and informative enough to satisfy my interest in cars. (Though I sometimes wish it was a bit more technical) But there was an article about this back way to canberra they all took in all the different cars, I really enjoyed that. And this months with the LA canyon racers.

Wraith
17th February 2009, 10:22 AM
btw, just noticed your sig ..... ;)

Same here and have posted my help/advice in the sell/buy section which will hopefully appear soon :)

mr corsa
17th February 2009, 01:50 PM
who wants brasher to take pics of there car ?

mr corsa
17th February 2009, 01:51 PM
brasher is now a member lol

brasher
17th February 2009, 03:06 PM
Haha Thanks Tony,

If you would like me to snap some shots of your car just PM me.

Glad you like the photos. :)

Chris.

Wraith
17th February 2009, 03:38 PM
Haha Thanks Tony,

Chris.

I might take you up on that Chris...as said I think they are a fantastic example of photography...but won't be any good if your interstate, where abouts are you located ??

Oh and welcome aboard :)

xplosv57
17th February 2009, 03:59 PM
Just read the VXR article in the Motor mag, i find it funny/odd that they're driving it now considering it was released months ago and also they mention the 20 that "will be" allocated to Aus, pretty sure they've been sitting in caryard unsold for a while now!!

Also the mag does say it has a Remus exhaust, says quote "...The Remus exhaust is a welcome addition, with the edgier note coming from the chrome centre-rear exhaust drowning out some of the VXR's Hoover like whoosh..."

mr corsa
17th February 2009, 04:04 PM
brash you can take pics any time (as long as i get front cover)and hes from sydney

Wraith
17th February 2009, 04:11 PM
brash you can take pics any time (as long as i get front cover)and hes from sydney

Damn, no good for me then :(

Wraith
17th February 2009, 04:14 PM
Just read the VXR article in the Motor mag, i find it funny/odd that they're driving it now considering it was released months ago and also they mention the 20 that "will be" allocated to Aus, pretty sure they've been sitting in caryard unsold for a while now!!

Also the mag does say it has a Remus exhaust, says quote "...The Remus exhaust is a welcome addition, with the edgier note coming from the chrome centre-rear exhaust drowning out some of the VXR's Hoover like whoosh..."

Well, since everything there is quite a bit out of date, maybe they got the Remus part wrong too...??

But yes, they're still sitting at dealerships - the one I wrote up about at Kevin Dennis in Braebrook which was the only example they got is still there, saw it again last Saturday !!!! nearly a full year down the track and still not sold :eek:

Senor Ed
17th February 2009, 04:14 PM

Yeah i was sure that the remus was standard....i think i saw it on the original press release from HSV when they announced the car.

GreyRex
17th February 2009, 04:26 PM
Yeah i was sure that the remus was standard....i think i saw it on the original press release from HSV when they announced the car.

I thought the same

I'm just yet to actually see one with it:rolleyes:

hazrd
17th February 2009, 07:34 PM
Haha Thanks Tony,

Chris.

ooooh glad you found us mate :)
Dallas (51RTE) put me onto the thread u put in AFF, i hoped u wouldnt mind me plugging it here.

as for the photo shoot... ill send you a PM once i get a few things sorted out on my calibra :)
EDIT: and when i make the next sydney trip (i drive up there from time to time)

brasher
17th February 2009, 09:20 PM
No worries mate, In the meantime have a browse of my folios of work.

http://users.tpg.com.au/brashers/folio/index.html

http://users.tpg.com.au/brashers/bike%20folio/index.html

Cheers,
Chris.

SIMid
17th February 2009, 09:59 PM
Awesome pics!! :yikes:

I wonder how much it would cost to hire a studio to do some pics like that??

poita
17th February 2009, 10:06 PM

Cheers,
Chris.

wholy shit mate, they are awesome pics!

hazrd
17th February 2009, 10:33 PM
thats amazing work Chris. :thumbs:

mr corsa
18th February 2009, 07:30 AM

Cheers,
Chris.

brash see you on the 15th march at sports compact ?

kabel
18th February 2009, 07:46 AM
The VXR boys can correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK the Nurb. VXR has the same exhaust and every other mechanical running bits as the 'normal' VXR variant...power/torque output is the same, a Remus or other aftermarket exhaust would've added a little more to the power figure.

Only difference is the wheels, interior trim colours (white dots to the seat leather and piano black instead of polished aluminium trims) and of course the external graphic and other Nurb. track pics inside and out...

No REMUS on Australian Burg`s .The Vauxhall version is fitted with a REMUS but the Opel version isn`t.

GreyRex
18th February 2009, 09:19 AM
No REMUS on Australian Burg`s .The Vauxhall version is fitted with a REMUS but the Opel version isn`t.

It's almost like we've caught Motor mag out

It doesn't make sense

They comment on the exhaust, yet we don't get the Remus

Someone write in and ask:rolleyes:

Wraith
18th February 2009, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the clarification Kabel :thumbs:

Now we all know what's going on with the exhaust question :)

xplosv57
18th February 2009, 10:00 AM

I'm still not convinced, we need someone to get the 'Burg up on a hoist and look under it, not sure how Motor could get it all wrong!!

Wraith
18th February 2009, 10:47 AM
I'm still not convinced, we need someone to get the 'Burg up on a hoist and look under it, not sure how Motor could get it all wrong!!

Well, they're half right...

Maybe they've read some U.K literature on the type and expected Aust. vehicles to be identicle or something like that ?? :)

I've checked/seen one up close Steve (the aforementioned example at KD's) it does NOT have a Remus exhaust ;)

What would be interesting is if we've recieved some of each LOL :)

GreyRex
18th February 2009, 12:48 PM
I thought they were retro-fitted to UK ones only

Could obviously be wrong, but the Motor article just doesn't seem to add up

It's like they've driven it, but then commented on stuff we don't get...

Wraith
18th February 2009, 12:56 PM
I thought they were retro-fitted to UK ones only

Could obviously be wrong, but the Motor article just doesn't seem to add up

LOL wouldn't be the 1st time though and alot of magazines get facts wrong from time to time, as well as numerous typo errors...

Editors should drink less coffee :lol:

xplosv57
18th February 2009, 01:02 PM

Exactly, they clearly stated the Nurburgring sounds good compared to a normal VXR, it'd be odd if they did have the same exhaust!!

kabel
19th February 2009, 09:11 PM

HSV initially had on their website that the Burg was fitted with a Remus,
it now just states SPORTS EXHAUST.
The microsite was the same as the UK VXR site.
Also the article states that HSV claims the system offers slight performance gains but they are negligible......??
All Remus systems fitted to the UK Burgs are not installed at the factory.
From memory VXR Performance Centre or 888 Race Engineering fit them them before delivery to the Vauxhall dealers.Don`t think ours are sourced from the UK .
Shaun will be able to fill in the blanks as he is more up on the technical stuff than I am.

Wraith
20th February 2009, 09:07 AM
Sounds about right Kabel...

As said I've inspected one here and NO REMUS EXHAUST under it !!!

If anyone else out there gets the chance to stick their head under one, let us know what you find...

I think the journos from Motor mag who wrote that article were just relating their report/write up to literature on the vehicle as well as their own experince from the test drive, it looks like they just took it for granted that it had that exhaust from other info on the type and didn't bother to check it out thoroughly, it is afterall a very short 1 page article, nothing too thorough like alot of other cars profiled...makes you wonder how they thought or imagined that it sounds different...unless of course there is some difference there, but just a factory/OEM sports set up and not a Remus ???

Leas83
20th February 2009, 11:05 AM
LOVING that !
We have the VXR HSV blue one. We got it last year. Awesome car.
Love the new rims that are on there

Wraith
20th February 2009, 11:13 AM
LOVING that !
We have the VXR HSV blue one. We got it last year. Awesome car.
Love the new rims that are on there

Which ones Leas83, the white 18's on the Nurb you mean or the standard 19's ??

kabel
20th February 2009, 01:27 PM
Sounds about right Kabel...

As said I've inspected one here and NO REMUS EXHAUST under it !!!

If anyone else out there gets the chance to stick their head under one, let us know what you find...

I think the journos from Motor mag who wrote that article were just relating their report/write up to literature on the vehicle as well as their own experince from the test drive, it looks like they just took it for granted that it had that exhaust from other info on the type and didn't bother to check it out thoroughly, it is afterall a very short 1 page article, nothing too thorough like alot of other cars profiled...makes you wonder how they thought or imagined that it sounds different...unless of course there is some difference there, but just a factory/OEM sports set up and not a Remus ???

Funny thing is someone told me that the factory standard VXR system is manufactured by Remus.....I have the original system in a box in the garage and did not notice any markings.
If it had the Remus aftermarket sytem they would have heard it !
You really think those guys would know better given the amount of cars they test.
Still at least they did an article.

insanegrunt
21st February 2009, 10:54 AM
Basher is a Machine! :D

Shaun
21st February 2009, 11:51 AM
Funny thing is someone told me that the factory standard VXR system is manufactured by Remus.....I have the original system in a box in the garage and did not notice any markings.
If it had the Remus aftermarket sytem they would have heard it !
You really think those guys would know better given the amount of cars they test.
Still at least they did an article.

Factory Rear Box section on a VXR is Manfactured by Remus for Opel . But not marked as such. Hence how they got the not out of the stock system.

One Burg owner i have met said to me the note out of the exhaust is alittle deeper. its Possible Opel and Remus have re designed the rear box for the burg to give it a little bit more noise.

Shaun
21st February 2009, 11:54 AM
HSV initially had on their website that the Burg was fitted with a Remus,
it now just states SPORTS EXHAUST.
The microsite was the same as the UK VXR site.
Also the article states that HSV claims the system offers slight performance gains but they are negligible......??
All Remus systems fitted to the UK Burgs are not installed at the factory.
From memory VXR Performance Centre or 888 Race Engineering fit them them before delivery to the Vauxhall dealers.Don`t think ours are sourced from the UK .
Shaun will be able to fill in the blanks as he is more up on the technical stuff than I am.

VXRPC fitted the remus systems for Vauxhall. (888 Motorsport Owns VXRPC)
Our cars are sourced directly of the Factory built to a spec set by HSV . holden places the order for HSV then the cars are shipped to Australia.

kabel
21st February 2009, 06:13 PM
VXRPC fitted the remus systems for Vauxhall. (888 Motorsport Owns VXRPC)
Our cars are sourced directly of the Factory built to a spec set by HSV . holden places the order for HSV then the cars are shipped to Australia.
Ta Shaun...and please contact me re Quaiffe diff if you have any more news about a supplier