PDA

View Full Version : Transformers 2: The Chevrolet Autobots

MatsHolden
12th February 2009, 05:44 PM
Here's a preview of the Autobots for Transformers 2. The Centennial concept looks great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjBwTT-Og4

sooty
12th February 2009, 05:50 PM
Bumblebee still looks like a stunner. I'm guessing the centennial is the silver things? the others look kinda...poor...lol
Check out the SUV, it's almost the size of the rig:eek:

ROCCO
12th February 2009, 05:52 PM
oh my god....thoughs cars a beautiful....I sat there watching a massive smile on my face...very sexy

Neeko
12th February 2009, 07:00 PM
that concept does look great. looks like bumble bee had a face lift :P go the barina lol

hazrd
12th February 2009, 08:42 PM
they look like swifts :p

and im on the "sexy lookin bumblebee as always" boat :D

xplosv57
12th February 2009, 08:43 PM
Ahh my Camaro looks even better now, just waiting for Holden to bring out a release date and i'll be officially broke!!!

poita
12th February 2009, 09:01 PM
i cant wait for this, love transformers!

lee683
12th February 2009, 09:10 PM
looks good. cant wait

Vectracious
12th February 2009, 11:43 PM
love it

im glad they didnt wreck the second movie by bringing back the dinobots... :p

poita
12th February 2009, 11:55 PM
thats number 3 pete ;)

Vectracious
12th February 2009, 11:59 PM
thats number 3 pete ;)

noooooooooooooo

I hated the dinobots. :D:p

Calibrated
13th February 2009, 12:02 AM
I cannot wait for this movie!!

Corsa_Rob
13th February 2009, 12:12 AM
gonna be awesome

sooty
6th May 2009, 06:50 PM
New trailer...
iOlw-4h7PLE

FU*K YES!!!! roll on 26th June

daiflu
6th May 2009, 06:56 PM
noooooooooooooo

I hated the dinobots. :D:p

Dinobots were the Jaja Binks of Transformers.

lee683
6th May 2009, 07:39 PM
i liked the dionbots.

Shay
6th May 2009, 08:19 PM
lol, whats the volt goin to do...

you go ahead guys, ive reached the end of my power cord,

let me know when you get within 20m of a power point...

like it could keep up anyway

poita
6th May 2009, 08:38 PM
video wont work for me :(

sooty
6th May 2009, 08:48 PM
video wont work for me :(
try again pete :)

poita
6th May 2009, 10:03 PM
kk buffering hd trailer now :)

poita
6th May 2009, 10:09 PM
OMFG I CANT WAIT!!!

stupid de-capitalise thingy

BEK-46P
6th May 2009, 10:11 PM
This movie is going to kick ass!

(That was supposed to be all in caps - WTF? The emotion was robbed from my post damnit)

sooty
6th May 2009, 10:13 PM
finally! people showing some enthusiasm...this movie is going to be amazing!!!!

poita
6th May 2009, 10:15 PM
its gonna fukin rock ain, cant wait for it

Orion_996
6th May 2009, 11:34 PM
holy moly, i'm as giddy as a school girl now.. the original trailer didn't do much for me but now... GODDAMN!

Shay
6th May 2009, 11:38 PM
saw the trailer at the cinema's, think id rather watchin at home, almost too high def for the movies...

reedaaron
7th May 2009, 08:24 AM
looks very nice... can't wait! one i might actually get to the movies to see :p

DirtyHarry
7th May 2009, 08:30 AM
yeah i dont know about this transformer movies.
i wish they didnt make the robots too over the top. by that i mean they could make them look more like the original cartoon characters, not like a robot that was put together with 10 million different pieces. for example megatron looks like scrap metal welded together.

daiflu
7th May 2009, 08:39 AM
I don't like how silly the FBI (or whoever they are) guys act.

Looks good, but I'm hangin for G.I. Joe more :cornut:

DirtyHarry
7th May 2009, 09:39 AM
"G.I. Joe"
jesus, arent hollywood movie writers running out of ideas. seems like theve lost all types creativity. For examplel, if you watch a dirty harry or clint eastwood movie, sure its simple, but its so much more creative and entertaining.

btm
7th May 2009, 11:44 AM
bring it on! cant wait

hazrd
7th May 2009, 03:09 PM
goddammit

youtube @ work fail

9090GO
7th May 2009, 07:44 PM
The blue one looks like the Honda civic or Accord euro...

hazrd
7th May 2009, 07:51 PM
New trailer...
iOlw-4h7PLE

FU*K YES!!!! roll on 26th June

:yikes:

VIC OA Transformers meet ;)

sooty
7th May 2009, 07:52 PM
:yikes:

VIC OA Transformers meet ;)
lol...i thought the same thing.

hazrd
7th May 2009, 07:56 PM
since F&F was so damn small.. i reckon gold class for this one

i can get discounted tickets at village thru work:

Village Gold Class

Valid at participating Cinemas across Australia Expiry May 2010
Does not include food or beverage
www.villagecinemas.com.au (http://www.villagecinemas.com.au)

Our Price:$30.00

RRP:$37.00
You Save:$7.00 (19%)

and ill also add

Megan Fox... *drooool*

sooty
7th May 2009, 07:59 PM
and ill also add

Megan Fox... *drooool*

that was given:p

Hoya
7th May 2009, 08:50 PM
theres a Astra at 1.46-1.47

Shay
7th May 2009, 08:56 PM
theres a Astra at 1.46-1.47

146, bloody good pickup, brand new shape too, but sedan i think

sooty
7th May 2009, 09:01 PM
146, bloody good pickup, brand new shape too, but sedan i think
it's just a saturn astra H

Shay
7th May 2009, 09:23 PM
true and five door, i paused it when it was blurred, looked like the new one :rolleyes:

poita
7th May 2009, 09:25 PM
looks like AH wagon

sooty
7th May 2009, 09:29 PM
nah, it's just a 5dr, not a wagon.

ASTRAY
7th May 2009, 10:23 PM
looks like its going to be an excellent movie! love the look of that thing that was sucking the sand up.

Greg K
8th May 2009, 08:50 AM
movie looks awesome!!!

id watch it just to see Megan Fox in her tiny outfits!

daiflu
8th May 2009, 09:26 AM
since F&F was so damn small.. i reckon gold class for this one

i can get discounted tickets at village thru work:

and ill also add

Megan Fox... *drooool*

Drive In!

DirtyHarry
8th May 2009, 10:35 AM
megan fox is horrible now, have you seen all the plastic surgery she had done.
what a shame.
she looked like a nice hoe that you could chop in the first movie, but now she looks like a doformity that came out of a toxic waste dump.

skulless
8th May 2009, 03:59 PM
Michael Bay has said there is about 40 robots in this movie. But by most calculations on TF forums, there are only about 30+ max. They got a much bigger budget to work on this sequel based on the exceeded income generated from the 1st movie.

The thing I dont like is that Bayformers's charatacter names doesnt stick with the original G1 series name. Like how he messed up Barricade's apperance and Devastator's name in the 1st movie and yet Devastator is appearing in the sequel as a combiner.

Nearly full list of characters:
Autobots:
Optimus Prime (blue, dark red Peterbilt 379EX)
Bumblebee (yellow 2010 Chevy Camaro)
Ratchet (lime yellow 2009 Hummer H3)
Ironhide (black 2007 GMC Topkick C4500)
Jetfire (SR-71 Blackbird) (can merge with Optimus)
Arcee (Made up of 3 different motorcycles that combine to make her - pink/purple/blue)
The Twins - Skids (Chevy Beat) and Mudflap (Chevy Trax)
Jolt (Chevy Volt)
Sideswipe (Corvette StingRay concept)
Wheelie (Remote Control Truck)

Decepticons:
The Fallen (Cybertronian jet)
Megatron (Cybertronian tank)
Starscream (Gray F-22 Raptor)
Scorponok (Metallic scorpion)
Barricade (black 2008 S281 Extreme Mustang)
Soundwave (Cybertron mode satellite (Earth mode pickup truck?)
Ravage
Devastator -Scavenger, Overload, Scrapper, Long Haul Mix Master, High Tower, Rampage (YES - 7 of them to combine 1 big mean decepticon)
Sideways - Audi R8

Spoilers:
Megatron is coming back, so does Scorponok who didnt die but hide away in the 1st movie. Barricade is also back. Rumours of Blackout is also back but not verified. And sadly Jazz is not making a comeback according to Mr. Bay himself.

Ok. A little insight. The Fallen is the ultimate bad guy in the movie, he's the one that created Decepticons. He is one of the original transformers in the beginning of Cybertron together with Prime(not Optimus). The Prime is the one that created Autobots. Optimus is like a descendant from Prime, hence the name Optimus Prime. And well they say the Fallen can teleport!

And if case you are wondering, I love transformers and have grown up with them and still growing!

GodsKnight
8th May 2009, 04:32 PM
I cannot wait for this movie!!
DIDO i saw Star Trek last night and saw the full trailer for it...it looks unreal!!

tomtom
8th May 2009, 10:00 PM
the volt actually looks quite nice.

Neeko
25th June 2009, 02:22 AM
THE
MOVIE
WAS
BREATHTAKING!

better than the first IMO

Wraith
25th June 2009, 09:07 AM
Michael Bay has said there is about 40 robots in this movie. But by most calculations on TF forums, there are only about 30+ max. They got a much bigger budget to work on this sequel based on the exceeded income generated from the 1st movie.

The thing I dont like is that Bayformers's charatacter names doesnt stick with the original G1 series name. Like how he messed up Barricade's apperance and Devastator's name in the 1st movie and yet Devastator is appearing in the sequel as a combiner.

Nearly full list of characters:
Autobots:
Optimus Prime (blue, dark red Peterbilt 379EX)
Bumblebee (yellow 2010 Chevy Camaro)
Ratchet (lime yellow 2009 Hummer H3)
Ironhide (black 2007 GMC Topkick C4500)
Jetfire (SR-71 Blackbird) (can merge with Optimus)
Arcee (Made up of 3 different motorcycles that combine to make her - pink/purple/blue)
The Twins - Skids (Chevy Beat) and Mudflap (Chevy Trax)
Jolt (Chevy Volt)
Sideswipe (Corvette StingRay concept)
Wheelie (Remote Control Truck)

Decepticons:
The Fallen (Cybertronian jet)
Megatron (Cybertronian tank)
Starscream (Gray F-22 Raptor)
Scorponok (Metallic scorpion)
Barricade (black 2008 S281 Extreme Mustang)
Soundwave (Cybertron mode satellite (Earth mode pickup truck?)
Ravage
Devastator -Scavenger, Overload, Scrapper, Long Haul Mix Master, High Tower, Rampage (YES - 7 of them to combine 1 big mean decepticon)
Sideways - Audi R8

Spoilers:
Megatron is coming back, so does Scorponok who didnt die but hide away in the 1st movie. Barricade is also back. Rumours of Blackout is also back but not verified. And sadly Jazz is not making a comeback according to Mr. Bay himself.

Ok. A little insight. The Fallen is the ultimate bad guy in the movie, he's the one that created Decepticons. He is one of the original transformers in the beginning of Cybertron together with Prime(not Optimus). The Prime is the one that created Autobots. Optimus is like a descendant from Prime, hence the name Optimus Prime. And well they say the Fallen can teleport!

And if case you are wondering, I love transformers and have grown up with them and still growing!

Nice run down description :)

I just hope this whole Transformers movie excitment dosn't increase the number of cars out there that'll be plastered with Transfermers stickers on them, especially on the fuel flap covers LOL :lol:

What a ridiculous sight they are :rolleyes:

rjastra
25th June 2009, 09:22 AM
THE
MOVIE
WAS
BREATHTAKING!

better than the first IMO

The reviews have been overwhelmingly negative :( I suppose letting the idiot Bay at anything will result in that. Will go see it at IMAX on 1/2 price tuesday :)

Neeko
25th June 2009, 10:23 AM
The reviews have been overwhelmingly negative :( I suppose letting the idiot Bay at anything will result in that. Will go see it at IMAX on 1/2 price tuesday :)

a critic is a critic, its his personal opinion. Any movie that has this kinda work involved in it should deserve 5 stars instantly.

I couldnt even fathom the thought of the effort and amount of time, skill etc. that went into this movie.
It gets 10/5 stars from me.

mzsammi
25th June 2009, 11:47 AM
yey bring on gold class sunday night :P cant waittttttttttttt i best be finding my disguise for the night lol

rjastra
25th June 2009, 12:59 PM
I couldnt even fathom the thought of the effort and amount of time, skill etc. that went into this movie.
It gets 10/5 stars from me.

LOL... there is more to a movie than the "effort" involved in making it ;) Most of the action in Transformers 2 is CGI... not much effort in that.

I am sure it is entertaining. :)

Brazza
25th June 2009, 01:02 PM
I have 6 and a half hours to wait and counting...

glider
25th June 2009, 02:36 PM
LOL... there is more to a movie than the "effort" involved in making it ;) Most of the action in Transformers 2 is CGI... not much effort in that.

you ever done any animation yourself? it still takes a lot of effort... even getting robotic movement to look good isn't that easy...

Neeko
25th June 2009, 02:59 PM

it would be shit load of effort!

HoldenAstra
25th June 2009, 03:06 PM
the fight needs more details, more slow motion:D

the Astra in it is really tough:yikes:

ROCCO
25th June 2009, 03:29 PM
Megan Fox....im sur those boobies are fake!!

MatsHolden
25th June 2009, 05:47 PM
Most of the action in Transformers 2 is CGI... not much effort in that.

Couldn't be more wrong actually...

Noir
25th June 2009, 08:23 PM
Watched it last night, and I agree it is better than the first.

mzsammi
26th June 2009, 10:42 AM
do i hafta see the first movie ?? to understand this one lol

xplosv57
26th June 2009, 10:45 AM
do i hafta see the first movie ?? to understand this one lol

Possibly, but i'd suggest watching the first movie because it's awesome!!! :D

Calibrated
26th June 2009, 07:10 PM

wow. just. wow. mr i know everything. has proved. he doesnt

rjastra
27th June 2009, 11:37 AM
wow. just. wow. mr i know everything. has proved. he doesnt

LOL... it took so much effort the movie (over 2.5 hrs) , from concept to release, took less than 2 years. They whip this CGI stuff out in no time nowadays.

MatsHolden
27th June 2009, 11:51 AM
They whip this CGI stuff out in no time nowadays.

You have to know about 3D rendering and animation to have an appreciation. You obviously don't know.

- All robot parts laid out end to end would stretch from one side of California to the other, about 180 miles. (Gives you an idea of the number of parts that needed to be modelled!)

- frame render times: As high as 72 hours per frame!

- If you rendered the entire movie on a modern home PC, you would have had to start the renders 16,000 years ago.

- If all the texture maps on the show were printed on 1 square yard sheets, they would cover 13 football fields.

CGI doesn't just happen, people have to spend hours modelling and rendering...

mania
27th June 2009, 03:08 PM
LOL... it took so much effort the movie (over 2.5 hrs) , from concept to release, took less than 2 years. They whip this CGI stuff out in no time nowadays.

The number of manhours spent in cgi would have exceeded most live-action action films. Just because you can have dozens of people work on each robot simultaneously doesn't mean it's easy or quick to do... just easy to divide the labour.

daiflu
28th June 2009, 10:11 PM
saw this tonight. The CGI was amazing.
Was dissapointed with the story and some of the characters, especially the getto gangsta attitude they've given some of the autobots.
All in all not a bad film.

Greg K
29th June 2009, 09:23 AM
saw this tonight. The CGI was amazing.
Was dissapointed with the story and some of the characters, especially the getto gangsta attitude they've given some of the autobots.
All in all not a bad film.

totally agree! I actually prefer the story line of the first one over the second. Megans acting was quite poor IMO...

GreyRex
29th June 2009, 10:01 AM
totally agree! I actually prefer the story line of the first one over the second. Megans acting was quite poor IMO...

I agree as well

First one was better for storyline / focus on the cars

I still enjoyed the second one though

xplosv57
29th June 2009, 10:17 AM
I didn't mind it, a bit all over the place storyline wise for me, a few dead ends, but definetely some great work, and also glad alot of the old cast was in it!!!

Plus i loved the cars (especially my updated Camaro) but my highlight was the SR-71 Blackbird, most people probably wouldn't know or recognise it, but for plane buffs, a very cool plane!!

GreyRex
29th June 2009, 10:21 AM
What was with the mum going nuts in the second one?

She was somewhat funny in the first one, but a bit ott in the newer one

mzsammi
29th June 2009, 10:36 AM
i loved it :)
im not a sooky person with movies but got a lil teary haha must be my old age .
loved it loved it loved it

oh and i watched the first one and was hooked

Neeko
29th June 2009, 11:07 AM
I didn't mind it, a bit all over the place storyline wise for me, a few dead ends, but definetely some great work, and also glad alot of the old cast was in it!!!

Plus i loved the cars (especially my updated Camaro) but my highlight was the SR-71 Blackbird, most people probably wouldn't know or recognise it, but for plane buffs, a very cool plane!!

the second i saw it I yelled out Holy Crap a blackbird! That old Decepticon (now Autobot) knew how its done :cool:

I'm also very certain this movie was aimed more at Gen Y

poita
29th June 2009, 11:10 AM
being 20, im pretty sure your Gen Y Neeko :p

Neeko
29th June 2009, 11:18 AM
being 20, im pretty sure your Gen Y Neeko :p

This being the reason why i loved every second of it :D
I want to see it again already :(

Wraith
29th June 2009, 01:29 PM
but my highlight was the SR-71 Blackbird, most people probably wouldn't know or recognise it, but for plane buffs, a very cool plane!!

Havn't seen the movie yet, but being a plane buff I'd spot that one out too :)

Despite being a fossil now and long retired, the SR-71 certainly is an imagination inspiring and still a very awesome looking aircraft and still holds several unbroken records :)

Wraith
29th June 2009, 01:32 PM
the second i saw it I yelled out Holy Crap a blackbird! That old Decepticon (now Autobot) knew how its done :cool:

I'm also very certain this movie was aimed more at Gen Y

That may be true - Gen Y don't need good story lines or dialogue, just action sequences and graphics to make em happy :p but regarding the SR-71, it's most probably there because of its looks, despite its age (don't know if it even relates to a Gen whatever since it was concieved in the 1950's) it still has a very sharp and modern look, as do quite a few other military and fighter jets from that era ;) hell they even had one sitting static in "I am legend" :lol:

Neeko
29th June 2009, 02:28 PM
That may be true - Gen Y don't need good story lines or dialogue, just action sequences and graphics to make em happy :p but regarding the SR-71, it's most probably there because of its looks, despite its age (don't know if it even relates to a Gen whatever since it was concieved in the 1950's) it still has a very sharp and modern look, as do quite a few other military and fighter jets from that era ;) hell they even had one sitting static in "I am legend" :lol:

in the movie it is sitting in a museum lol
ur spot on with gen y though, its the action that sucks us in.

Not a Donnie Darko movie :lol:

Senor Ed
29th June 2009, 03:20 PM
Saw the movie yesterday.....

Pretty crap movie TBH....but that's my opinion. lol

Went for too long....too cheesy......too many changes in the plot....but the cars and action was awesome....hopefully the next one is better because I was a fan of the first one.

Shay
29th June 2009, 05:27 PM
i will be seein it tonight :cornut:

Shay
30th June 2009, 01:49 AM
WOW.

dam no caps

Neeko
30th June 2009, 09:22 AM
WOW.

dam no caps
i did tell ya :cornut:
awesome eh

Wraith
30th June 2009, 11:48 AM
in the movie it is sitting in a museum lol
ur spot on with gen y though, its the action that sucks us in.

Not a Donnie Darko movie :lol:

Arrgghh... Donnie Darko, what a classic remember talking about that one with work collegues after seeing it years ago - very strange movie that was, scary bunny and all LOL :)

And that actor Jake Gillinhaul ??? or whatever his name is, everyone refers to him as Donnie Darko instead of his real name since he made that movie LOL.

Wraith
30th June 2009, 11:55 AM
Saw the movie yesterday.....

Went for too long....too cheesy......too many changes in the plot....but the cars and action was awesome....hopefully the next one is better because I was a fan of the first one.

I think that's pretty much what everyones expecting, great action and graphic effects, but not much of a storyline or intelligent content, but hey most action flicks these days fit into that category :)

Neeko
1st July 2009, 08:33 AM
Well I watched the movie again last night and stick by what i mentioned the first time.

What an amazing movie. Couldn't believe how much I missed the first time I watched it, this time I payed a lot more attention to detail and found myself always repeating the word WOW :lol: Like someone else has mentioned, what a cinematic experience, the sounds, the action, megan fox.

I did miss the part where Optimus Prime becomes Blackbird Prime though was a bit distracted (;))

Arrgghh... Donnie Darko, what a classic remember talking about that one with work collegues after seeing it years ago - very strange movie that was, scary bunny and all LOL :)

And that actor Jake Gillinhaul ??? or whatever his name is, everyone refers to him as Donnie Darko instead of his real name since he made that movie LOL.

i really enjoyed that movie, took me a while to figure out whats going on though. Doubt many people would figure out the plot the first time they watch it.

Love that scary bunny lol

SIMid
4th July 2009, 12:52 AM

+1

Massive let down. If the CGI wasnt good enough, I would have walked out.

hazrd
4th July 2009, 09:52 AM
loved it

sooty
4th July 2009, 11:24 AM
+1...amazing movie, on par with the first...