PDA

View Full Version : Cool central exhaust

Mainframe_Module
31st January 2009, 11:53 PM
Hey all.

i drove past a car parked at rockdale plaza the other day and it was the same model as mine (black coupe) but instead of an exhaust off to the side it was a kind of biggish flat oval one right in the middle and all shiny chrome, it looked reaaallly cool and i want one!

does anyone know what that would be properly called? is it a custom job? (im assuming so) and anywhere in sydney (st george) that would be a good place to get it done? and...if you have any idea - price range? under a grand?

cheers :D

daiflu
31st January 2009, 11:58 PM
It wasn't a VXR was it?
They're standard on that model.
http://sk1.yt-thm-a02.yimg.com/image/747a29fde9be6f20

Mainframe_Module
1st February 2009, 01:30 AM
ah shite, it might have been...

is there anyway i could get that done though?

could i get holden to? cause i'd probably need the same bumper as the vxr then cause i think it had a bit out of it to allow for about half of the exhaust...

hmmm any ideas?

i reallly want it done :(

USC
1st February 2009, 01:56 AM
I dont think holden will sell VXR bumpers to non-hsv owners. Yes, vxr`s have the exhaust in the middle.

Try ebay UK?

BEK-46P
1st February 2009, 02:22 AM
I dont think holden will sell VXR bumpers to non-hsv owners. Yes, vxr`s have the exhaust in the middle.

Try ebay UK?

That's a bizarre thing to say. I inquired into the front VXR bar a while back and they never said anything about it being only for VXR owners. They were even happy to print me a spec sheet with part diagrams, part numbers and they gave me a full quote.

If you're serious about getting it (from Holden), be prepared to pay big $$$. Then you'll need to mod your existing exhaust. I'm sure someone else here will confirm whether or not you could get it sticking out the middle of your rear bar.

BTW, what's your ride?

ROCCO
1st February 2009, 08:05 AM
providing you with quotes and stuff is one thing....when you go to order it they will want your VIN when they see you haven't got a VXR they won't sell it too you.

lampshade
1st February 2009, 11:34 AM
I'm sure Ben has the VXR frontbar on his H SRIT:confused:

GreyRex
1st February 2009, 12:03 PM
I'm sure Ben has the VXR frontbar on his H SRIT:confused:

Well almost...

As has previously been mentioned, all AH Turbos have the VXR 'upper' bumpers, but both lower panels front/rear are specific to the VXR

I've also purchased all my lower VXR grilles to fit mine from Holden without problem

Charlatan
1st February 2009, 07:56 PM
Didn't Holden try that when the Monaro was first released? That worked really well for them, cause you never see VT-VZ with Monaro taillights or bonnet nostrils

tomtom
2nd February 2009, 02:16 AM
providing you with quotes and stuff is one thing....when you go to order it they will want your VIN when they see you haven't got a VXR they won't sell it too you.

Seemed pretty happy to sell it to me after they asked and i told them I had a 2.2. I didn't buy it of course. Not for that money.

Mainframe_Module
2nd February 2009, 10:15 AM
couldnt i just gewt the same exhaust as the vxr installed? and then the bumper?

hmm.....arghrghrhgr this is shitting me, i really want it hah.... :\

tomtom
2nd February 2009, 01:22 PM
couldnt i just gewt the same exhaust as the vxr installed? and then the bumper?

hmm.....arghrghrhgr this is shitting me, i really want it hah.... :\

With enough money sure. Like everyones said youd be looking at ~ $2000 (after paint/fit etc) just for the bumper. Dont know how much the exhaust would cost.

Wraith
2nd February 2009, 01:41 PM
Guys, what has been said regarding HSV parts is true BUT rock up to any GMH service and spares outlet, make the order, flash the cash and they'll give you anything you want, this was the case years ago and it should be easier now because of the tough economic times !!!

I got told the same story 10 years ago when I purchsed my HSV R8, yet heaps of other blokes who'd never purchased a HSV vehicle were able to get parts no probs at all ! it's amazing what you can get if your a serious buyer ready to go there and then, dealers, spare parts outlets personel will sell you their mother if they could as soon as they see some cash... :lol:

Mainframe module if it's what you really want, then go for it, only problem will be that those parts are not cheap, but as said if your prepared to cough up, you can get em ;)

Shaun
2nd February 2009, 06:08 PM
Sounds like it was a VXR you seen. Was the tip a Trazoid shape or an oval shape?

Kudrow
2nd February 2009, 07:04 PM
Keep the bitch fight up and you will find the topic closed and each with a warning.

lampshade
2nd February 2009, 07:23 PM
When I had my milltek fitted I gave the Vxr exhaust to a mate for 50 odd $ it's now sitting in a corsa LET.
Quick car but the bugger wont upgrade the brakes:yikes:, (hence why I can no longer wear white jock's LOL) :cornut::cornut::cornut:

BEK-46P
2nd February 2009, 07:27 PM
I'm not a fan of the central muffler/tip (looks to supercar-ish), but I am interested to know how much of the exhaust system would need to get modified in order to get the tip to protrude from the centre of the rear bar.

As for the warning, I would've thought it a harmless issue to discuss each other's ethics when it comes to modding, 'specially on a car forum... but I guess not!

Mainframe_Module
3rd February 2009, 12:09 AM
whats bitchy about this??

anyway....2k JUST for a bumper??! why? its just a hunk of plastic!! farken hell...:(

Jerram
3rd February 2009, 01:25 AM

that's what I thought...

perhaps a better strategy is to remove the offending threads, and give each offending member a pm. Then you don't get people walking into desks in states of confusion.

Regarding the OP - Why not go for custom made stuff. It may be pricey, though sometimes it's not at Holden levels, and then you don't have to worry about where to find it - just get someone to make it!

Wraith
3rd February 2009, 08:24 AM

anyway....2k JUST for a bumper??! why? its just a hunk of plastic!! farken hell...:(

Typical OEM pricing unfortunately...

Even a TS Astra turbo complete front bar assembly form GMH spares will cost the better part of 2k in some places, I managed to get one new for just under $1,200, all depends where you go and if you know some of the people there...

But yeah, as previously said they can be had (no need to worry about being a HSV owner or not) but it'll cost ya...that's the decision to be made :arf: