PDA

View Full Version : Mitchs Opel Astra

Mitch
22nd August 2004, 11:21 PM
Mitchs Opel Astra

I decided to make myself up a thread all about my car since the idea of a Members Rides section wasn't good enough for this forum. I'll update this thread when I get new modifications done to my Astra. I hope the Mods/Admins don't mind but I'd like to share my interests in Astras with the Opel Australia community. At the moment I have only done a few basic modifications but I have some future plans to make my Astra stand out.

Here's some photos of the modifications I have done so far.

Window Tint 35% legal tint

http://img34.exs.cx/img34/2760/tint.jpg

Sound System Pioneer CD/MP3 player, Pioneer splits ... no more subs, the amp don't work no more :(

http://img62.exs.cx/img62/8177/sound.jpg

De-badged

http://img34.exs.cx/img34/4882/debadged.jpg

Exhaust 2 inch cat-back with 3ARacing cannon muffler

http://img34.exs.cx/img34/1057/cannon.jpg

Silver Dash A rushed backyard job :lol:

http://img34.exs.cx/img34/3679/silver2.jpg

I've also installed a K&N Air Filter.

Future Modifications:
Lowered Springs.
18 Inch Rims.
Opel rear badge. (on the way)
OPC grille. (also on the way)
Headlight eyelids. (need to painted/fitted)
Irmscher badge. (might put it on tomorrow)
Clear tail lights.
Fix up dents and scratches :oops: colour code handles and side strips at the same time.
New sound system. (waiting for LCA to start selling Signat again)

ultim8DTM5
23rd August 2004, 09:39 AM
Who is LCA? Why Signat?

Looks good Mitch!

Mitch
23rd August 2004, 01:59 PM
Who is LCA? Why Signat?

Looks good Mitch!

LCA: Lez's Custom Autofit

I want to go for something different and I've heard some Signat gear and it's sounds pretty good.

mr_astra_retired
23rd August 2004, 05:52 PM
Nice pics Mitch , those clear lights in your avartar look great too :wink:

Interior looks nice good work :mrgreen:

OPC
23rd August 2004, 06:06 PM
yeah nice mods so far ay... oh and take my seat covers off will ya lol...

i tell ya ive had my car for nearlly a year and the only mods ive done are the seat covers hahaha

NEMO
23rd August 2004, 06:37 PM
The interior looks pretty good for a rushed backyard job...

ultim8DTM5
23rd August 2004, 06:56 PM
Are the clear tails in your sig a p-shop? They should be on Mitchell! :P

Dregger
23rd August 2004, 07:08 PM
Mitch. Do you email your details to Car of the Month and have your car featured on Opel Aus ?

Mitch
23rd August 2004, 07:36 PM
Are the clear tails in your sig a p-shop? They should be on Mitchell! :P

They are photo-shopped. :oops:
But they will be real sometime soon.

Mitch. Do you email your details to Car of the Month and have your car featured on Opel Aus?

I'll have to wait till I get my rims and lowered springs before it's worthy of being featured I think. :lol:

Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

Anonymous
24th August 2004, 10:18 AM
Awesome Mitch!

I've also put in an order for an OPC grille.

May I say, you have great taste! :wink:

Lowering will transform the look of your car. Not to mention the bigger rims!

I hope this thread gives the mods something to think about in regards to a members ride section. I wouldnt mind having some pics/info up for my own satisfaction during the build process!

windy
24th August 2004, 05:31 PM
Nice work Mitch!!

Keep up the good work :)
When are you lowering??

Thought about fogs 8)

Mitch
24th August 2004, 10:33 PM
Nice work Mitch!!

Keep up the good work :)
When are you lowering??

Thought about fogs 8)

Thanks. Lowering should be happening soon, I just have a phone bill to pay. :lol:

Fog lights are something i've thought of. I might see if i can get an Sri front bumper with the extra lip and fog lights already in it. Does anyone know if I can purchase the Sri front bar from Holden and how much?

Anonymous
24th August 2004, 10:49 PM
prepared to take out a personal loan?

they were quiet a few $100 dollars + lights, you would be lucky to get it supplied, fitted and painted for under a grand (approx)

i was lucky enough to pick my sri front bar up for $200 off the forum over a year ago..... and it was painted white....woohoo!

all i did was added the switch, relay and fuse...... fitted it my self, and the car was already pre wired for it!

Mitch
24th August 2004, 11:22 PM
I might just wait and buy an Astra SRi after I've finished with this one. That's quite a bit just for a front bar. :(

windy
25th August 2004, 12:19 AM
Just do what was suggested to me in another thread.............

Find the fogs (cheap-somewhere) and pray to god the wiring and fuse holder is there and then source the factory switches.

Would be cheaper and you'll still have some $$$$ left, even after you add the SRI lip ;)

Anonymous
25th August 2004, 08:54 AM
Mitch, the lower lip is around $600. Quite a lot, but I'm willing to fork out the dosh... transforms the look of the car!

Mitch
25th August 2004, 02:53 PM
I can get the fog lights for $96 each from ozeparts.com.au so I have them sorted out. As for the lip being $600, there's no way i'm paying that just for a bit of plastic. :shock:

Anonymous
25th August 2004, 03:18 PM
$96 hey? good as gold.... 8)

Mitch
25th August 2004, 08:26 PM
$96 hey? good as gold.... 8)

Ok maybe I lied. I just checked and it's $95 per light. :lol:

http://www.ozeparts.com.au/picture%5CI%5CLS%5CILS1500NA.JPG

GOZOFF
25th August 2004, 08:37 PM
Your ride looks good mate :wink:
i like what youv'e done to the centre console

Blitzkrieg
29th August 2004, 01:26 AM
Don't get clear tail lights, they will cheapen the look of you car. Get them darkened instead.

Some dark rims would look awesome on your car, colour coding and all that. :wink:

krayzastra
29th August 2004, 12:36 PM
$600 for the SRi front lip! Damn that a lil on the pricy side. Was looking at getting it, byt for that much might as well get something imported, for less and more unique.

I'll prob still go to holden and check ouit the price myself anyways :P

extralarge
31st August 2004, 12:38 AM
if anyone wants a SRI front lip, let me know. i have one available.

brand new. never installed. genuine opel/holden part.

going to be putting it on my car if nobody is interested.

open to offers.

Anonymous
31st August 2004, 10:23 AM
extralarge, pm sent.

Consider it sold :P

Mitch
12th September 2004, 05:31 PM
Just another update:

I received my rear Opel badge in the mail on Friday so I decided to put it on (thanks to dug74) and I went and bought a new Alpine head unit.

http://images1.fotopic.net/?iid=yfg7oq&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

http://images2.fotopic.net/?iid=yfg7or&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

mr_astra_retired
12th September 2004, 06:10 PM
Loving your work Mitch :wink: im liking the week to week work you been doing with pics , lookin the biz mate

Anonymous
13th September 2004, 08:48 AM
aye and that head unit you used to have in your car will go nicely in mine :P almost got all the money together bro

Benny-o
13th September 2004, 12:46 PM
Nice choice of ICE, can never go past an alpine system! That looks like the CDA-9807 model or the one above, you wont be dissapointed.

Console looks great and the air vents too, nice idea, brother did that in his 180sx, comes up a treat.

Do u know if they have kits so u can use the steering wheel controls for the head unit yet? I heard a while ago that sombody was brining them out, but haven't heard anything since..

I still don't understand why in NSW they have the plastic P's, how u have to wedge them behind ur no.plate or something, i think it kinda ruins a nice clean car (like urs) having to wedge it in, or tie it on etc..never got that.. Why can't u guys use suction ones or the lickalbe ones :P ?? probably off topic, but if somebody could help me out that'd be ace!

Mitch
13th September 2004, 01:02 PM
Yeah it's a 9807. I'm pretty happy with it so far. I just need to save some money and finish the rest of the stereo. I've been offered a JVC 7 inch screen and DVD player that a mate has so i've been thinking of buying that and putting it in too.

I'm not sure about the steering wheel controls as i don't have them on mine.

About the P plates ruining the car, yes it makes it look terrible and I need to get my front bar and hatch resprayed because of all the scratches from putting them in and taking them out. :(

Benny-o
13th September 2004, 01:15 PM
Damn that must be frustrating!! Ur car still looks mint regardless of the Ps, but as for scratchin your car... I would love to send the bill to the gov, or whoeva looks after that in nsw.. never would happen, but it'd be nice. Oh also, I've sent an email off to doug too, for the badges, can i ask wat the cost was for the rear, and the front gril? would love to see the grill when u get it in too.

I was looking through the forums the other day, found Cybulba's car, I sent him a pm, but not sure it worked, this is an unreal setup, especially for ICE, hope you don't mind Cybulba!!

http://opelaus.com/phpBB2-3/album_personal.php?user_id=371

Mitch
13th September 2004, 02:11 PM
can i ask wat the cost was for the rear, and the front gril?

Rear Opel Flash Badge = $19 including postage
OPC Grille = $176AUD including postage uninsured or $205AUD including postage insured

Although I'm still undecided on what to do with the front. Coupe grille would look nice too or just replace the Holden badge with an Opel one.