PDA

View Full Version : Production Insignia VXR/OPC for Geneva

cdxi
29th January 2009, 09:51 AM
The production twin turbo 320hp Insignia has been spied ahead of its debut at Geneva.

Our HSV Insignia?

www.autoblog.com (http://www.autoblog.com)

Red AH SRI T
29th January 2009, 10:20 AM
lookin good ;)

Wraith
29th January 2009, 12:54 PM
Hmmm, powerplant sounds great, insignia body I'm not a fan of...

BTW where exactly is the info in that link above, is it to do with the article on the GM/Buick ??

Calibrated
29th January 2009, 01:03 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/28/320hp-twin-turbo-opel-insignia-spied-ahead-of-geneva-debut/

Wraith
29th January 2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/28/320hp-twin-turbo-opel-insignia-spied-ahead-of-geneva-debut/

Ah thankyou kind sir... :)

On second opinion, I have to say I like that sporty looking front on this variant of the Insignia :)

GreyRex
29th January 2009, 01:16 PM
I think it's safe to say we're also looking at the front of the next Astra VXR, judging by how similar the entire current VXR/OPC range is

Wraith
29th January 2009, 04:57 PM
I think it's safe to say we're also looking at the front of the next Astra VXR, judging by how similar the entire current VXR/OPC range is

Hmmm, interesting... :arf:

Had another look at it and those 2 openings on that front bar remind me alot of some parts of the new Mazda 3's front bar...

cdxi
30th January 2009, 10:18 AM
Hmmm, interesting... :arf:

Had another look at it and those 2 openings on that front bar remind me alot of some parts of the new Mazda 3's front bar...

Harks back to the GTC Concept

poita
30th January 2009, 11:25 AM
GTC Concept, also the supposed 'new' calibra

Wraith
30th January 2009, 03:23 PM
GTC Concept, also the supposed 'new' calibra

Would be nice to have the Calibra name re-birthed, but would be more appropriate on a nicer looking car than this one IMHO...

Apologies for going off topic, but speaking of re-births, a new Torana is looking more and more like becoming reality - anyone else see the newest concept of GMH's proposed new small/medium car in the new Wheels mag. ??

Looks great, only thing I don't like is they're planning 4 pot powerplants only for this car...:inncazato: fark if it's going to be a Torana, they should at least think of fitting the upcoming Aust. version of the GM 3.6ltr TT V6 to the top end model :swg:

rjastra
30th January 2009, 05:01 PM
Would be nice to have the Calibra name re-birthed, but would be more appropriate on a nicer looking car than this one IMHO...

Apologies for going off topic, but speaking of re-births, a new Torana is looking more and more like becoming reality - anyone else see the newest concept of GMH's proposed new small/medium car in the new Wheels mag. ??

Looks great, only thing I don't like is they're planning 4 pot powerplants only for this car...:inncazato: fark if it's going to be a Torana, they should at least think of fitting the upcoming Aust. version of the GM 3.6ltr TT V6 to the top end model :swg:

LOL @ torana. It will never happen. Unless GM designs a completely new RWD platform for it. Resizing the Commodore chassis would just result in a slightly smaller yet heavy car. And the name, Torana, has just as many negative as positive attributes.

Mid-sized = FWD unfortunately.