PDA

View Full Version : New Look For Toll HRT

poita
28th January 2009, 10:06 PM
http://www.hrt.com.au/racing/2009/press/images/newLook_full.jpg

HRT’s trademark “helmet and lion” graphic returns to the cars’ flanks this year.

The HRT Commodores will also carry EcoLine branding on the roof and rear diffuser, signalling GM Holden’s new range of vehicles that use alternative fuels or fuel-saving technology.

The signage reinforces the category’s move to an environmentally friendlier E85 ethanol-blended fuel this season.

GM Holden Chairman and Managing Director Mark Reuss said Holden’s tradition of taking knowledge from its motorsport program for the development of its road cars will become even more important in 2009.

“Over the years our involvement in motorsport has meant more to the development of the Holden brand than simply race wins and championships,” he said.

“It’s been central to our research and development efforts to provide the best possible road-going vehicles for Australian drivers.

“What we learn on the track helps guide our production car development.

“That will become more important than ever in 2009 when V8 Supercars move to running on E85 ethanol fuel.

“The knowledge gained by HRT from using E85 will be important as we take a leadership position on ethanol and become the first local manufacturer to make its road cars capable of running on the fuel.”

International freight and logistics company Toll continues with its naming rights sponsorship of HRT, and are again joined by Mobil which, with a new three year contract, extends its tenure with the team to 18 years.

Holden Special Vehicles will have a significant presence on the side of the HRT Commodores, with the team also welcoming Delphi and NEC as new sponsors.

poita
28th January 2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.hrt.com.au/racing/2009/press/images/DavisonJoins_race.jpg

Rising V8 Supercar talent Will Davison has joined the Toll Holden Racing Team (HRT) for the 2009 season.

Davison will team with 2007 series champion Garth Tander at the factory Holden squad to fill the seat vacated by retired great Mark Skaife.

Davison, 26, arrives at HRT following three seasons at Dick Johnson Racing where he claimed a round victory – last year at Eastern Creek – and a Bathurst podium finish in 2007.

A former open-wheel star that test drove Formula One, Davison began his V8 Supercar career in 2004 driving a Holden.

The grandson of Australian Grand Prix legend, Lex Davison, said he was delighted to claim the most coveted seat in V8 Supercar racing.

“It’s a wonderful honour to drive for the Holden Racing Team, the absolute highlight of my career to date,” Davison said.

“HRT is the elite motorsport outfit in Australia and the team every young driver wants to join.

“It is renowned for its professionalism and has a proud track record of success.

“I can’t wait to be a part of that.”

Tander is also hungry for success, determined to regain the title he won in 2007.

“I began my preparation for the season immediately after the final round of 2008 at Oran Park,” Tander said.

“I’ve kept my fitness up since then, I didn’t take any time off over the break and I’m working through a solid pre-season.

“Having Will on board this year and being able to push each other to success will be great for our team.

“He’s on the verge of some real success in this category, so that’s going to be good for the team, good for Holden and all our sponsors.”

Davison and Tander will pilot identical VE Commodores featuring the striking day-glo red and white elements of last season’s livery, with added black and grey accents to create a fresh new look.

MatsHolden
28th January 2009, 10:11 PM
Looking forward to seeing how Davidson goes with HRT. Also going to be interesting if Villeneuve joins Paul Morris Motorsport.

poita
28th January 2009, 10:21 PM
i'm out of the loop with v8's at the moment

need to sit down and find out whos where this year.
which teams exist, which ones dont

kinda like days of our lives :lol:

Wraith
29th January 2009, 09:22 AM
Nice, always loved the look of HSV/HRT graphics and logos...

Being a long time HRT member I've made myself some small aluminium stickers of the current logo for the backwindows of my cars :)

IMHO the HSV vehicle logo is one of the best looking around ! :yesnod:

chrissn89
29th January 2009, 11:03 AM
"Holden Special Vehicles will have a significant presence on the side of the HRT Commodores, with the team also welcoming Delphi and NEC as new sponsors"

Wasnt there a post recently about NEC shutting down in Australia?

maloo97
29th January 2009, 11:07 AM
Nec is gone!

Neeko
29th January 2009, 11:32 AM
i've raced Will before at kingston park raceway :) had a good chat to him too. :cool:

hazrd
29th January 2009, 11:47 AM
i'm out of the loop with v8's at the moment

need to sit down and find out whos where this year.
which teams exist, which ones dont

kinda like days of our lives :lol:

+1
Ive lost track over the past couple years... would be good to get back in and find out tho

xplosv57
29th January 2009, 12:14 PM
Thank goodness, less white on this car, hated last years car!!! Glad the logo is back too!!

gslrallysport
29th January 2009, 01:37 PM
GM Holden Chairman and Managing Director Mark Reuss said Holden’s tradition of taking knowledge from its motorsport program for the development of its road cars will become even more important in 2009.

Comments like that out of the V8's annoy me. Super Taxi's are far from being production road cars, and even further away from being a GTP Champiosnhip. They run with a cut and shut shortened chassis, piss off the (now decent) Commodore IRS, and replace it with a ford diff'd live rear axle, and run a dedicated GM motorsport 5L V8 that has no correlation to an of GM's road motors....

The only thing Holden takes away from V8's is brand image.