PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari Enzo Successor

poita
28th January 2009, 09:56 PM
http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/blogs-and-stuff/story/ferrari_enzo_successor/?referrer=email

Second major change to the Test Mule spotted for the next Ferrari Supercar.

In what looks like factory released spy shots, we are seeing either the second test mule of the Enzo successor or significant changes to the first mule.

It appears we are going to see a return to Ferrari Supercar roots, with visual clues to layout, form factor and drive train harking back to the original limited run supercar; the 288GTO. The appendages on F430 body panels on the mule point to twin turbos, as can be seen with the scoops on tope of the hood. The larger rear wheel arches have also been moved back a touch indicating a wheelbase just slightly longer than a 430. The tacked on small flares at rear and cut-out at the top of the front arches indicate a slightly wider track overall.

My money is on a Twin Turbo V8 of just under 4 litre capacity in a car smaller and much lighter than the Enzo. This is in keeping with the Millechili design concept we saw last year but somewhat at odds with the SuperEnzo development program.

I will be following the complete development in this blog and there is a refresher to the lineage below.

Modern Ferrari Supercars

288GTO: - The “Supercar” was added to the Ferrari line up in 1984 with the 288GTO, a 2.85 litre twin turbo V8. Bucking the trend of the day it forewent driving aids and 4 wheel drive in favour of a purists driving experience. Porsche retorted with the 959, which was the most technically advanced vehicle for quite sometime. While they are both considered classics the GTO has now reached legendary status. 272 where made.

F40: - In 1987 Ferrari followed up with the F40, another twin turbo V8, this time at 3litres. It was the first road car to break the 200mph mark. Around 400 where built and they are now coverted as one of the all time greats. It was the last car directly commissioned by Enzo before his death.

F50: - The F50 followed in 1995 – a naturally aspirated 4.7 V12 with more controversial body styling. While a great car reviews were mixed at it’s launch, time though has been kind to the F50 and some collectors are now rating it up there with the F40. 349 where built.

ENZO: - The Enzo was introduced in 2003 – a 6 litre naturally aspirated V12 with even more controversial body styling – again a design that is aging well. The Enzo is considered one of the greatest Ferraris of all time. 401 produced with the last being specifically built to be auction to aid the Tsunami victims.

not sure whats goin on with the front wheel arch

http://carsguide.news.com.au/images/uploads/Ferrari_2010_Supercar/Ferrari_FX_mule_3_665.jpg

BEK-46P
28th January 2009, 11:08 PM
Oops, I just creamed my pants.

btm
29th January 2009, 09:02 AM
rear quarter has a bit of lambo styling in it...

Wraith
29th January 2009, 09:17 AM
I like it - but must say to me it looks like a combination of the current Enzo (rear) and F430 (front) with some new side intakes styling...nothing really new in terms of design...

Like any other Ferrari though, I definitely wouldn't say no to one if I could have it :wink1:

Widseth
29th January 2009, 10:21 AM
Don’t take any notice at all of the styling. Everything added onto the 430 body there is just for function so they can test what is underneath.

maloo97
29th January 2009, 10:36 AM
Talking about Ferrari's my mates uncle just brought one.
Crap phone pic!

Wraith
29th January 2009, 10:41 AM
Crap phone pic!

WHOA a 599B :eek1:

Very nice, lucky bugger... :cornut:

JohnBu
29th January 2009, 02:33 PM
Crap phone pic!

financed from a compo payout? haha

no seriously... financed from a compo payout?

Wraith
29th January 2009, 04:39 PM

Hahahaha LOL good one :lol:

Now you've got the mafia after you for that comment :D

maloo97
29th January 2009, 06:00 PM

A payout of $600,000 i dont think so lol.

His uncle just has money

tomtom
29th January 2009, 07:45 PM
im pretty sure thats not what its going to look like at all. That car in the pic is just a test mule for the tech and not any of the design.

Wraith
30th January 2009, 08:32 AM
im pretty sure thats not what its going to look like at all. That car in the pic is just a test mule for the tech and not any of the design.

I certainly hope so too...

If it would end up looking like that above, it would be a bit of a joke, current model Enzo with current model F430 cut in half and joint together :out:

xplosv57
30th January 2009, 11:29 AM
Crap phone pic!

Pickles just auctioned one of these off on Tuesday (finance reposession), this wouldn't be the same car would it?? If so, he would have got it alot cheaper than retail!!! :D

maloo97
30th January 2009, 03:46 PM
Nah brought it new 3 months ago Around the 600 mark give or take.

Wraith
30th January 2009, 03:53 PM
Nah brought it new 3 months ago Around the 600 mark give or take.

Damn, with the incriminating pic gone, I was hoping he was mafia and out after Johns arse :lol:

Seriously though, good on him, that's one very lucky man :wink1:

JohnBu
2nd February 2009, 04:08 PM
still kicking here.

good on your mate's uncle. as long as you don't rip off anyone in the process I'm all for capitalism.

it doesn't take much for a 600k compo payout.

FYI: my post don't make much sense without that camera phone pic.

gman
2nd February 2009, 04:17 PM
That car is a test bed of the new Ferrari tech going into the Enzo successor and the updated 430 Scuderia...

BTW, went for a drive in a 430 Scuderia over the w/e...OMFG, those things are insane!!!!

Loud as hell, sounds like mechanical orgasm, handles like a go kart (though will bite if you turn the T/C fully off) and accelerates/brakes like one too...

Still, quicker than an R35 GTR and better looking/sounding, but point to point for Mr. Average the GTR would be way quicker.

As they say, "Just because you can afford a Ferrari, doesn't mean you can drive a Ferrari!!" ;)

Wraith
2nd February 2009, 05:01 PM
That car is a test bed of the new Ferrari tech going into the Enzo successor and the updated 430 Scuderia...

BTW, went for a drive in a 430 Scuderia over the w/e...OMFG, those things are insane!!!!

Loud as hell, sounds like mechanical orgasm, handles like a go kart (though will bite if you turn the T/C fully off) and accelerates/brakes like one too...

Still, quicker than an R35 GTR and better looking/sounding, but point to point for Mr. Average the GTR would be way quicker.

As they say, "Just because you can afford a Ferrari, doesn't mean you can drive a Ferrari!!" ;)

You lucky bugger getting to drive all these top notch machines :)

Maybe write up some reviews/impressions :)

gman
2nd February 2009, 05:05 PM
You lucky bugger getting to drive all these top notch machines :)

Maybe write up some reviews/impressions :)

ABSOLUTELY!! :)

Friends with far too much time and money and no idea how to spend it...Saves me buying them anyway. So far I have "helped" 5 friends in HK buy new cars in 18 months...The 430 Scuderia, 2 bought R35 GTR's (including a Zele performance special), an Audi S5 and a Porsche GT3 RS...

Its also nice when they let you "borrow" them... ;)

maloo97
2nd February 2009, 08:09 PM
still kicking here.

good on your mate's uncle. as long as you don't rip off anyone in the process I'm all for capitalism.

it doesn't take much for a 600k compo payout.

FYI: my post don't make much sense without that camera phone pic.

Here is the pic again,

You could get a compo payout in it just by going around the block, I now know why they have a passengers foot plate and grab handles lol :P

(Got deleted as i cleaned out my image folder)

Wraith
3rd February 2009, 10:37 AM
ABSOLUTELY!! :)

Friends with far too much time and money and no idea how to spend it...Saves me buying them anyway. So far I have "helped" 5 friends in HK buy new cars in 18 months...The 430 Scuderia, 2 bought R35 GTR's (including a Zele performance special), an Audi S5 and a Porsche GT3 RS...

Its also nice when they let you "borrow" them... ;)

WOW, dream machines, wish I could get to drive and/or borrow all of those as well...I've got plenty of rich friends and relos, but none of them are into cars and spend their money on other things...damn :cryin:

If I'm ever in HK some time soon, I'll have to catch up with you :swg:

gman
3rd February 2009, 04:25 PM
WOW, dream machines, wish I could get to drive and/or borrow all of those as well...I've got plenty of rich friends and relos, but none of them are into cars and spend their money on other things...damn :cryin:

If I'm ever in HK some time soon, I'll have to catch up with you :swg:

Living here has to have some advantages to offset the disadvantages...Still with an effective flat tax rate of 12.5%, I suppose that's gotta be a bonus.... ;)

Wraith
4th February 2009, 09:24 AM
Living here has to have some advantages to offset the disadvantages...Still with an effective flat tax rate of 12.5%, I suppose that's gotta be a bonus.... ;)

And all those beautiful/lovely Asian women too :eek1: :D