PDA

View Full Version : Image Resizer

Kudrow
27th January 2009, 11:34 PM
Hi all,

An image resizer has been added tonight so that any image posted, will resize to keep the forum looking neat and asthetical.

I have tested it on IE and FF and you should get a yellow coloured bar up the top of each resized image, and when clicked on, will show you the full size image in a popup window.

This feature should also help in page loading times and hopefully make it an even faster loading site.

Feedback wanted...

hazrd
27th January 2009, 11:42 PM
Just jumped into the picture thread for the big test:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 750x600 and weights 62kb

seems to work for me. the "weighs xx kb" quote sounds weird lol but works nonetheless

:thumbs:

Kudrow
27th January 2009, 11:50 PM
:p what about now?

sound better?

hazrd
27th January 2009, 11:55 PM
I like it :D

:)

Wraith
28th January 2009, 04:35 PM
Hi all,

An image resizer has been added tonight so that any image posted, will resize to keep the forum looking neat and asthetical.

I have tested it on IE and FF and you should get a yellow coloured bar up the top of each resized image, and when clicked on, will show you the full size image in a popup window.

This feature should also help in page loading times and hopefully make it an even faster loading site.

Feedback wanted...

Great idea and addition, saves space and makes threads open quicker - well done :thumbs:

immenotu
29th January 2009, 12:22 PM
I like the image resizer as it keeps the pages neater, but just wondering, it doesnt seem to make load times any faster because it loads the full size images anyway then shrinks them once they are there???

SSS_Hoon
29th January 2009, 02:12 PM
what about the main page auto resize to desktop, that is still not done yet?

SSS_Hoon

ASTRAY
29th January 2009, 04:33 PM
i think it was a great idea kudrow.
ive become a little lazy lately when it comes to resizing pics myself, so its a very handy addition.
not complaining here, but i am also looking forward to the auto resize on front page too, i have to scroll down and right to click the button.
jus tone additional comment, since you changed smilies, the seventh row is half hidden on my screen. noticed you mentioned there is also a eighth row, i dont see the eighth row. might just be how i have my browser set. i think its on all default settings.

Kudrow
29th January 2009, 07:53 PM
not complaining here, but i am also looking forward to the auto resize on front page too, i have to scroll down and right to click the button.

I am looking forward to it as well, as I browse OA on things raning from a 13.1" laptop screen, 2x 19" LCDs and a 22" LCD. Its all differnet.

Also, I'm lazy as well, and I have to use some CSS code to make it shrink without popping up ActiveX warnings and stuff.

Kudrow
29th January 2009, 07:54 PM
I like the image resizer as it keeps the pages neater, but just wondering, it doesnt seem to make load times any faster because it loads the full size images anyway then shrinks them once they are there???

Correct. It was installed to make the actual page you are browsing load faster, and look better.

It was also installed to cut back on our bandwidth for the site - this won't be known until this time next month.

Shay
29th January 2009, 10:18 PM
love it.

see the pic then get more detail if you want

i give it... :thumbs: :thumbs:

Vectracious
29th January 2009, 11:06 PM

why not just change your bookmark to www.opelaus.com/forums ?

then you don't have to go through the front page :confused:

ASTRAY
30th January 2009, 12:38 AM
why not just change your bookmark to www.opelaus.com/forums (http://www.opelaus.com/forums) ?

but its so perrrrrrrty!

i thought of doing it already, but i think its that lainess thing taking over again :D

immenotu
1st February 2009, 12:37 PM
I just noticed that 'attached images' dont seem to resize?

Kudrow
3rd February 2009, 01:57 AM
I just noticed that 'attached images' dont seem to resize?

These are done a different way. It is being looked into.

oneightoo
3rd February 2009, 08:08 AM
why not just change your bookmark to www.opelaus.com/forums ?

mines been this way for years, i'd forgotten what the original front screen actually looked like! :D