PDA

View Full Version : The Eibach shop are retards, yes?

BEK-46P
26th January 2009, 01:34 PM
I called the other day to enquire into some Sportlines. They were happy to give me an extorted price and tell me there's a 8 week wait, but when I asked for them for the product number, they got all elitist and refused to tell me :eek:

They said they don't encourage shopping around :eek:

YOU'RE EIBACH - DON'T YOU SUPPLY EIBACH STUFF TO EVERYONE ELSE?

Instead, she told me to basically go elsewhere, get the right product number, call her back so she could confirm they were the right ones :yikes:

Do these people sell a lot of stuff this way?

Vectracious
26th January 2009, 01:40 PM
PM gslrallysport - Greg is fantastic, can order the eibach stock and will have it delivered to your door straight from Eibach anyway.

BEK-46P
26th January 2009, 01:45 PM
No need. I've since ordered them off Dave @ carstyle-bitz.

Vectracious
26th January 2009, 02:00 PM
ah ok - maybe just got someone on the other end of the phone who was having a bad day - no excuse - but htye may have had some absolute wanker on the phone before you. who knows :)

BEK-46P
26th January 2009, 02:14 PM
Nah, I just think she got cut up when I said I can get them cheaper elsewhere (Eibach charge $650 + GST, Dave charges $418 inc. int. shipping). She decided to "strike back" by not disclosing the product number. Stupid, immature salesperson needs to learn learn some customer service skills. After all, it's still your brand I've chosen to buy :rollyeys1:

Vectracious
26th January 2009, 02:16 PM
Nah, I just think she got cut up when I said I can get them cheaper elsewhere (Eibach charge $650 + GST, Dave charges $418 inc. int. shipping). She decided to "strike back" by not disclosing the product number. Stupid, immature salesperson needs to learn learn some customer service skills :rollyeys1:

wow thats a huge difference - maybe the australian distributor branch (or whatever it is) has jacked the prices up because our dollar is so crap at the moment.

agree witht he customer service skills schooling - its pretty poor.

USC
26th January 2009, 11:38 PM
I found that a lot of salesmen in general are arrogant. Anyways, she did not get your business, that the price they pay for having terrible customer service skills.

vectraguy01
27th January 2009, 09:32 PM
I actualy wanted to test this as well, so i called eibach store, apparently have 6 weeks wait on springs $650 plus GST and have stock for shocks $950 plus GST. To much inflated prices, can get a complete set from germany for $1200 delivered. Cant believe price and apparently dont have product numbers either to give out. Hrrmmm interesting!

Vectracious
28th January 2009, 08:24 AM
http://performance-suspension.eibach.de/cms/en/company

Links on the right to bring up the product catalogue.

Ice
28th January 2009, 10:38 AM
ah ok - maybe just got someone on the other end of the phone who was having a bad day - no excuse - but htye may have had some absolute wanker on the phone before you. who knows :) and ? she should get another job then if you cant handle it !

Ice
28th January 2009, 10:40 AM

IM SORRY ????? come again ????????

what a bunch of tossers, how can they say that ? so basically they want you to spend all your money with them instead of shopping around to try and get a better price ?! damn...

Vectracious
28th January 2009, 01:13 PM
and ? she should get another job then if you cant handle it !

do you work in retail Pete?

poita
28th January 2009, 02:26 PM
im guessing no

BEK-46P
28th January 2009, 06:03 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you implying that customers need to understand when a salesperson is having a flakey day? :confused:

Vectracious
28th January 2009, 06:27 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you implying that customers need to understand when a salesperson is having a flakey day? :confused:

i'm just asking a simple question.

CNBLU
28th January 2009, 06:42 PM
We all have problems outside of work. Imagine if everyone bought them to work?

Sorry but theres no excuse for that sort of behaviour.

MAD-16V
28th January 2009, 11:29 PM
To be honest I get ****en sick of people constantly calling work for part numbers, Just to get better prices off ebay or another store. :mad:

I will always give the number , And the best price , But you know in the end that you are wasting your time and 90 percent of the people that call will never even come into the store. :(

Still it's strange that the person would not disclose the part numbers to you whatsoever , That's just bad business.

poita
28th January 2009, 11:38 PM
we get it all the time too

its a pita, but thats retail these days, its a dam aggressive market.

yer i have those days where i just wanna kill someone, but hey, its the job i choose

Kudrow
28th January 2009, 11:58 PM

It does help. They are human too.

BEK-46P
28th January 2009, 11:58 PM
To be honest I get ****en sick of people constantly calling work for part numbers, Just to get better prices off ebay or another store. :mad:

I will always give the number , And the best price , But you know in the end that you are wasting your time and 90 percent of the people that call will never even come into the store. :(

Still it's strange that the person would not disclose the part numbers to you whatsoever , That's just bad business.

Look, there are plenty of customers from hell, but don't forget there are people out there who genuinely wish to give you their business if you treat them like intelligent people. It's up to you as an intelligent salesperson (which are grossly rare these days) to differentiate between the two. I used to work retail (now I'm in retail advertising :D) so I can see both sides here. After the way that c*** treated me on the phone, she will never see a cent from me.

P.S. if you're expecting 90% of people to take your part numbers to shop elsewhere, then maybe you guys need to rethink your pricing :p

Kudrow
29th January 2009, 12:01 AM
Look, there are plenty of customers from hell, but don't forget there are people out there who genuinely wish to give you their business if you treat them like intelligent people.

Issue here is there are not that many - they are so rare you don't belivei t when you get one.

It's up to you as an intelligent salesperson (which are grossly rare these days)

Oh I agree there.

poita
29th January 2009, 12:03 AM
Look, there are plenty of customers from hell, but don't forget there are people out there who genuinely wish to give you their business if you treat them like intelligent people. It's up to you as an intelligent salesperson (which are grossly rare these days) to differentiate between the two. I used to work retail (now I'm in retail advertising :D) so I can see both sides here. After the way that c*** treated me on the phone, she will never see a cent from me.

P.S. if you're expecting 90% of people to take your part numbers to shop elsewhere, then maybe you guys need to rethink your pricing :p

not my choice mate

BEK-46P
29th January 2009, 12:13 AM
It does help. They are human too.

In which case, it's still bad for business :p

poita
29th January 2009, 12:17 AM
In which case, it's still bad for business :p

dont we have a catalogue coming out you have to finish :p

but serious, it's defin bad for business mate
under teh same structure it gets drummed in a fair bit

Kudrow
29th January 2009, 12:18 AM
dont we have a catalogue coming out you have to finish :p

but serious, it's defin bad for business mate
under teh same structure it gets drummed in a fair bit

Note to self: Ensure radio stations play correct key numbers :p

BEK-46P
29th January 2009, 12:23 AM
[quote=poita;380691]dont we have a catalogue coming out you have to finish :p

Which one of the current 26 is yours? :p

Ice
29th January 2009, 12:46 AM

Ive worked in hospitality most of my life and also started working on an IT HELPDESK......SO I DO UNDERSTAND...sorry caps

oneightoo
29th January 2009, 08:08 AM
or maybe its just company policy not to disclose that information..

i'd bet they couldnt care less if the average shmuck on the street didnt buy their products direct from them.. i'd hazard a guess that they sell in bulk to small to medium business..

they're obviously chosen their market, good luck to them, get over it, buy it elsewhere..

Vectracious
29th January 2009, 08:19 AM
I think only having heard one side of the story (Eibach girl isn't here to defend herself) - it's a bit unfair to start calling them retards/having bad customer service etc etc.

It's also very interesting what falls under the umbrella of "bad customer service" these days. :cool:

BEK-46P
29th January 2009, 06:16 PM
or maybe its just company policy not to disclose that information..

i'd bet they couldnt care less if the average shmuck on the street didnt buy their products direct from them.. i'd hazard a guess that they sell in bulk to small to medium business..

they're obviously chosen their market, good luck to them, get over it, buy it elsewhere..

Trust me, I've bought a box of Kleenex and moved on. I'm currently waiting for my Sportlines to arrive from the cheaper/friendlier Carstyle-bitz :D

And for the sake of debate, why bother market yourself to the general public if you don't care if the "average shmuck" buys from you?

oneightoo
30th January 2009, 07:54 AM
because the average shmuck is chicken feed compared to the bulk selling they would do..

RiGGs
3rd February 2009, 11:38 AM
I called the other day to enquire into some Sportlines. They were happy to give me an extorted price and tell me there's a 8 week wait, but when I asked for them for the product number, they got all elitist and refused to tell me :eek:

YOU'RE EIBACH - DON'T YOU SUPPLY EIBACH STUFF TO EVERYONE ELSE?

Instead, she told me to basically go elsewhere, get the right product number, call her back so she could confirm they were the right ones :yikes:

Do these people sell a lot of stuff this way?

lol .... Eibach-UK won't sell to me either .... I have to import from Germany. Luckily its cheaper for us to do that anyway, but would rather support our own suppliers if they let us :confused: