PDA

View Full Version : Mobile/iPhone Style

Kudrow
23rd January 2009, 09:13 PM
Hi all,

There is a new style that will automatically change when it the software detects you are browsing OA using a mobile device.

Feel free to try it out, as I would appreciate some feedback for it.

A genuine iPhone style will come soon - once I find one in English :)

Warning: Do NOT select the Mobile style (from the bottom list) if you are on a normal desktop. If you do you WILL not be able to change back unless you clear your cookies and browser cache.

Kudrow
23rd January 2009, 09:22 PM
I would much appreciate feedback from users who have a PDA and an iPhone.

guy 27
23rd January 2009, 09:23 PM
Personally I think we need a new version for the iphone.

The site was not too bad before on it just a little slow when running on edge otherwise it was fine for me.

For those who cant be bothered looking on there phone.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6103/opelauspg0.png

Kudrow
23rd January 2009, 09:26 PM
What about now? There is a iPhone theme loaded. Give it a go.

guy 27
23rd January 2009, 09:30 PM
It definatly a lot better.

Quick things I noticed.

login button is just a question mark
Title is in spanish
Don't like the colour

otherwise AWESOME.

Speed via edge is not too bad either

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/skyguy27/IMG_0004.png

Kudrow
23rd January 2009, 09:42 PM
OK thanks.

Realised it was Spanish. It was the only proper iPhone one there.
Green will change to black.
Image will be fixed when I have it.

Vectracious
23rd January 2009, 09:53 PM
whats it supposed to look like on a Windows Mobile Device - lots of scroll bars happening when I view it on IE on my HTC.

Kudrow
23rd January 2009, 09:55 PM
whats it supposed to look like on a Windows Mobile Device - lots of scroll bars happening when I view it on IE on my HTC.

The iPhone theme would probably look crap on a Windows device. There was a text based one, but if you go to www.opelaus.com/forums/archive/index.php (http://www.opelaus.com/forums/archive/index.php) get that the text based one looked like.

Shaun
24th January 2009, 10:36 AM
top idea... makes it so much quicker to load up on my iphone when im on my 3G .

Noir
24th January 2009, 11:18 AM
The iPhone theme would probably look crap on a Windows device. There was a text based one, but if you go to www.opelaus.com/forums/archive/index.php (http://www.opelaus.com/forums/archive/index.php) get that the text based one looked like.

Can we get it working on the HTC and PDA's to avoid this text based look?

Vectracious
24th January 2009, 11:22 AM

I don't actually mind the text based look - when I log into gmail with my HTC it comes up text based - its very quick and easy to navigate around in. Plus the whole iPhone template thing (like what happens on facebook) - i feel it looses a lot of stuff (I realise that if you want the full experience you log on a computer before all the fanboys hate :p )

Kudrow
24th January 2009, 12:33 PM

Yea there will be a PDA version soon. I just have to find one.

glider
24th January 2009, 08:54 PM
Warning: Do NOT select the Mobile style (from the bottom list) if you are on a normal desktop. If you do you WILL not be able to change back unless you clear your cookies and browser cache.

wont people be stuck on that theme next time they login on their desktop as well? or is it computer based opposed to account based? if pc based, sweet, saves me bandwidth on my car pc internet

Kudrow
24th January 2009, 11:11 PM
I've taken the Mobile theme off for the moment.

It's not account nor cookie based. The site can detect what sort of device you are accessing the site from by checking USERAGENT strings, and switches the styles accordingly.

Shaun
4th February 2009, 10:50 AM
Seems to be an issue with PM . Can open them but not reply on my I pod Touch.

btm
4th February 2009, 12:51 PM
mobile opelaus! i like :)

btm
4th February 2009, 12:55 PM
Just making sure it works from phone... :)

hazrd
5th February 2009, 11:38 AM
Guys....

I've taken the Mobile theme off for the moment.

It's not account nor cookie based. The site can detect what sort of device you are accessing the site from by checking USERAGENT strings, and switches the styles accordingly.

Kudrow, ive noticed on the N95, the full site loads and not the mobile theme, is this due to the theme being taken off or is it just the Nokia software?

Kudrow
5th February 2009, 06:38 PM
iPhone theme will only work on the iPhone. I've sidelined it at the moment because I don't have much time to sit down and remove the bugs, fix the PM issue Shaun pointed out etc...

In addition to the iPhone theme, there will also be a mobile theme. This will work in Windows Mobile devices but I don't know if it will work on Nokias as they run a Symbian OS I think.

There is a small bit of code that examines the header requests to tell which device is being used, like a iPhone, Nokia, PDA, PSP etc and it can automatically assign the correct theme based on that.

I know that full functions of the forum will probably not be available via mobile, e.g. pictures of cars loading etc as it will take forever. I hope to keep the basic functions open, including PMs.

SSS_Hoon
13th February 2009, 01:07 PM
was using it today on my nokia N96 and it ddint auto detect that it was a mobile device, and it was all as normal.

SSS_Hoon

Kudrow
14th February 2009, 01:16 AM
It was removed last night so some changes could be made...

SSS_Hoon
14th February 2009, 01:52 PM
i was on it yesterday morning though?

SSS_Hoon

Kudrow
14th February 2009, 07:14 PM
last night

Thursday night.