PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for a new section.

Mitch
17th August 2004, 05:49 PM
I was just thinking, maybe if it's possible could we have a new forum section called "Member's Rides" so we can make a thread about our own car. That way each people can add to their thread when they do a new mod to their car.

For example, I made two threads in the General section for de-badging and exhaust just to post up a photo, and now I have a new photo of my silver dash but don't want to waste space by making a new thread,

Here's how it's done on a local forum I use.

Dee
17th August 2004, 06:02 PM
mitch you read my mind.. i just went around to 3 forums to update my car's details... and realised there was nowhere here to do it...

im not gonna make a thread saying

this is what my car looked like, this is what it looks like now....

Dee
17th August 2004, 06:06 PM
something like this, so you can have an idea what everyones car looks like...
http://www.boostcruising.com/readersrides/index.php

then the second one where you can have all the details....
http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?act=section&sectionID=6&entryID=3428

Tricky Ricky
17th August 2004, 09:17 PM
Over at Calibra Club we've got a special section for posting our rides with pics and descriptions. It's really popular and opelaus should definitely do something like that too! It'll be interesting to see members' mods and inspire us all :P

Mitch
20th August 2004, 05:39 PM
ok maybe not :(

Anonymous
20th August 2004, 05:56 PM
i know its not really the same thing.... but then what is the members cars album for :|

Rhino
20th August 2004, 07:12 PM
... and the mods section in your profile?

Mitch
20th August 2004, 07:35 PM
Alright then. I'll either keep my latest mods to myself or make heaps of threads about each mod I do. :(

I don't check everyones mods section in their profiles or members cars album all the time to see if someone has updated theirs though. I just thought this would be an easier way.

Oh by the way, I got my K&N Air Filter today... hehe :lol:

em
20th August 2004, 07:38 PM
Go for it Mitch.......
lets make this the Mitch's Mod thread... tell us all about them :lol:

seriously i want to know how your going with your mods so keep us informed

mr_astra_retired
20th August 2004, 07:42 PM
Oh by the way, I got my K&N Air Filter today... hehe :lol:
did you de-restrict the air box as well ??

Mitch
20th August 2004, 07:45 PM
Yep, I de-restricted it awhile back. I want to get a new pipe to go from the air box to the the front grille or to the bottom of the front bar, because the original pipe looks like it stops alot of air flow. It drives alot smoother now and has a nice sound that sounds sweet with my exhaust.

Mitch
13th October 2004, 12:40 AM
Yeah i think a Members Rides section would be good too!!! :P :lol:

I just noticed I made this thread on my birthday, the mods could of at least listened to me. lol :lol: :wink:

Mr Cali
13th October 2004, 11:21 AM
I would agree with you Mitch, members album is good but you cant have a write up on your car, having your pics and profile in 2 diff places is good

Dee
13th October 2004, 11:23 AM
the mods could of at least listened to me. lol :lol: :wink:
the "MODS" dont have the power to create new sections

Anonymous
13th October 2004, 11:27 AM
u must not be a very powerful mod then donna, i can do it!......... NOT :P

dont have a beef with us, we here purely to clean up some of the dodgey posts :lol: 8)

Mitch
13th October 2004, 01:51 PM
Sorry, I should of said Admins. :P

break
13th October 2004, 04:35 PM
Members section is a good idea. Every user could be entitled to one thread which they could update with new pics etc. as they modify thier car etc.

Anonymous
13th October 2004, 05:51 PM
maybe you could have a thing down the bottom which says this:

The following people have added/changed there veichle profiles since your last visit - |OPEL|, break, mitch, Samvac etc.....

then we can click their names to go to the member profile :D that would save room for endless threads :)

Dregger
13th October 2004, 05:59 PM
As Mr cali said, there space in your profile to list your mods....then theres the album to upload your photos to.

plus we can't modify the forum anymore as its already been created from about 5 different source codes.....Wayne has done a top job in mixing it all up and not crashing the forum!!!

Anonymous
13th October 2004, 06:40 PM
yea but see then we gotta check it ever day, maybe if we had some sort of thing to tell us such and such has updated there profile today but i guess if it cant be done then it cant be done, btw i also think he has done an awsome job :)