PDA

View Full Version : Interior mods

FLY-SRi
14th August 2004, 10:54 AM
hey guys!! i know that alot of ppl hav performance and exterior mods but has any1 done any mods to there interiors? if so wot are they and pics plz

mr_astra_retired
14th August 2004, 11:05 AM
All ive done is Irmscher door pins and irmscher Chrome heater rings ,
With a ApeXi boost guage thats all my SRiT needs i think !!

FLY-SRi
14th August 2004, 11:13 AM
do u hav a pic of where ur boost guage is mounted? im after the same boost gauge

Turblue
14th August 2004, 11:31 AM
Steve....

where did you mount the guage..???

Vectracious
14th August 2004, 11:33 AM
I was going to change my dash lighting in the Vectra from Opel yellow to VW Golf blue - starting with the heater panel - but the blue LED's I bought didn't work (probably because the voltage to the heater panel and dash for that matter is way below the LED's 12V requirement - how else do they get that low voltage yellow from the bulbs) - so it's still yellow.. :(

Apparantly the UK guys can get a special kit to do this.....

aussievectra
14th August 2004, 11:49 AM
All I've done is put leather seats and a wood look panaling for the center console. Looks nice.

mr_astra_retired
14th August 2004, 12:51 PM
Here you go lads !!
Mounted on the dash and ran the wire and boost line down the side of the door , through a little hole in the side of the dash and then through the firewall , to get access to firewall i took out the small compartment under the steering wheel.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/mr_astra/SUC30012.jpg

OPC
14th August 2004, 01:06 PM
i gotta tell ya steve at night when that thing glows on ya dash it looks sooooo sweeta mate.. wish i had one :cry:

mr_astra_retired
14th August 2004, 01:18 PM
i gotta tell ya steve at night when that thing glows on ya dash it looks sooooo sweeta mate.. wish i had one :cry:

:P Yeah the nice blue glow looks the biz :wink:

Jass
14th August 2004, 01:55 PM
Ive got a boost gauge same spot as steves, under driver/passenger blue neons. :mrgreen:

FLY-SRi
14th August 2004, 11:09 PM
gauge looks nice...i want one bad

Fungusfee
14th August 2004, 11:11 PM
under driver/passenger blue neons

ditto here. i got UVs under there but am too embarrassed to turn them on :oops:

mr_sikma
15th August 2004, 03:31 AM
y do people get boost gauges in 'bar' ?

coz when u tuned it its always talked bout in psi?

opel_calibra
15th August 2004, 10:35 AM
I was going to change my dash lighting in the Vectra from Opel yellow to VW Golf blue - starting with the heater panel - but the blue LED's I bought didn't work (probably because the voltage to the heater panel and dash for that matter is way below the LED's 12V requirement - how else do they get that low voltage yellow from the bulbs) - so it's still yellow..

Did you get the correct resisitors for the LEDs as well?
Most LEDs only need about 1.5 to 3volts to run if my memory serves me correctly

ultim8DTM5
15th August 2004, 12:29 PM
Where it sits Steve its begging for a break-in :cry:

freaktown
15th August 2004, 05:52 PM
if u know ur conversions Bar is just as effective!

stock skylines come with Bar gauges!