PDA

View Full Version : Will Vectra pre facelift headlights fit a facelift?

AfterBurner
18th January 2009, 07:28 PM
Gday all, im on ebay looking for some angels for my Vectra B JS 2000 model.

My question is: as above, will pre-facelift fit facelift???

There is a fair difference in price, that's why i'm wondering. In the pics they look the same but they may use a generic pic for listing??

Also i'm after a few opinions re the colour, i have the milky blue colour Vectra, just wondering if everyone agrees that the black angels & black Lexus tails would look better than the chrome??? I'm not a big fan of chrome... When i get the windows re-tinted to 20% i imagine the black would suit even moreso?

Cheers,

AzzA:)

Jerram
18th January 2009, 07:55 PM
yeah black backed lights are the way to go for all colours except star silver and maybe arden blue imho. The biggest difference between the lights is that they have different plugs. This can be easily rectified through use of an adaptor, though it may be tough to get a facelift-prefacelift adaptor as typically people want to go the other way. That saying I haven't researched it so just check out ebay or ask the lads at Vectra-Sport or VVOC and they'll be able to help you with that.

The prefacelift headlights also have a lug on the bottom that lines up with a screw-point. I think the facelift headlights have that lug but it's in a different position. You can just remove it; the three topside bolts are more then enough to hold the lights in place so long as the rubber seals are firm and in good condition.

If you're going for Angeleyes, there's a good chance you'll need to splice the angeleye wiring into the wiring for the parkers; not a hard task at all with an elementary electronics understanding.

AfterBurner
18th January 2009, 08:02 PM
Cheers Jerram.

I don't mind cutting corners but if it means extra work, im too lazy...

Maybe for hte extra $$$ i'll just get the correct 1's to be sure to be sure...

Here's the 1's im looking at, let me know if you've seen them cheaper anywhere..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250306374218&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

AzzA

Vectra01
21st January 2009, 04:27 PM
Hey mate ive got a brand new set of something very similar for a post facelift model. And they are for a right hand drive car also. I bought them for my old vectra after the ones I had on there were broken in an accident. So if your interested contact me for some pictures.