PDA

View Full Version : Trust it to happen to me!

freaktown
11th August 2004, 10:52 PM
All in the one week, here we go:

*Digital Odometer stops working
*Air-Con button light and rear demister Light stops working
*Air-Con needs to be Regassed
*Rear Left Tyre is punctured on the wall and is now useless
*Now no spare tyre!
*Front tyres are almost Treadless (Knew this a while ago)
*Factory shocks have been given a limited life expectancy (1month)
*100,000Km service Overdue!
*New oil leak found (Altho 100,000KM service overdue)

yippeeee.... i hate cars sometimes, i really do! :roll:

/Rant

James.

peenuthead
11th August 2004, 11:47 PM
Yep life has a habit of kicking you in the spuds every now and then !!!:bang:

InsaneAsylum
12th August 2004, 12:04 AM
as far as the demister and air con go, start by checking the relays in the fusebox.

what have you done to stuff your shocks in 100000kms?? mine are starting to feel a bit spongy but that only happened once i fitted bigger rims. i'm going to get monroe GT gas shocks allround when i find the time and money.

as for the service, It's 90000kms and 105000kms in my service book. not sure if the JR differs from the JS in service intervals.

RK
12th August 2004, 12:23 AM
my cars struts have been spongy ever since i got my lowered springs.
they bounce around more than <insert witty hooker comment here>. I was thinking about getting new struts, monroe as insane suggested. but i think i might just leave it, or get coilovers.

mr_sikma
12th August 2004, 08:06 AM
sorry to hear mate.

thats one reason why i bought brand new. so i dont get somebody elses problems :roll:

freaktown
12th August 2004, 11:02 AM
well its been in the family since new, my cousin had it new in 97 to 2002, my sister from 2002 to 2003 and me from 2003 till present!

yea it is the fuses for the air con and demister, easy enough to fix but i wanted to vent all my problems in one go and make it look dramatic :)

the rest i will sort out in the service ive booked for next week!

Did i mention Rego is due next month! :bang: :bang:

Vectracious
12th August 2004, 11:15 AM
Welcome to the joys of driving a Vectra. The only car I've ever seen that everything comes all together.

Just this year.

Rego and Insurance - a given I know, but the timing was with everything else.

- Brake Pad warning has come up - brakes due soon and the rotors look a bit worse for wear (at 43K !!)
- Just replaced 2 tyres with Yokohama A538's (unbelievable tyre - will replace the other 2 in a few weeks time - so 4 tyres all up)
- Service due or overdue.
- Park Brake stuffed.
- Slight dint in right rear door from some white parked car :evil: still to be fixed.

Not as bad as yours freaktown, but at least my Old VK had the decency to have one problem at a time.

Astra's don't seem to suffer from this "all at once phenomenon" either - but they have more probs with them than the Vectra's.... :P - crap just remembered the Astra is overdue for a service too...

ultim8DTM5
12th August 2004, 12:39 PM
Lowering on standard shocks has the habit of killing the other suspension components rather quickly

freaktown
12th August 2004, 03:37 PM
ha, i still have stock everything!

:bang: :bang: