PDA

View Full Version : What should I do!

Storm Shadow
15th January 2009, 09:58 PM
Just a little post to gauge some advice!

Well as many of you may know I have my Corsa C and Fiesta ST.

I love both of them a whole lot and would never have contemplated trading or selling either of them. However a spanner was thrown in the works today. Seems that Paramedics in South Australia are about to get a fairly decent pay rise, yay for us lol!

So now I am really starting to consider a VXR, I guess my options are!

1. sell or trade both my current cars and go for the VXR

2. sell or trade the corsa and keep the ST, means life will be a little tighter but I get the ST and a VXR.

Hmmm what to do, I love my Corsa so much and just dont want to get rid of it!!!

Maybe VXR is just a dream that i should get over lol!

immenotu
15th January 2009, 10:00 PM
What about sell the ST and keep the corsa, then have a VXR and a corsa :D

Storm Shadow
15th January 2009, 10:12 PM
What about sell the ST and keep the corsa, then have a VXR and a corsa :D
Yeah I have thought about that. However I have babied the ST a little more then the Corsa recently. Don't get me wrong I look after both equally as well but the ST has done 5000 kms in the last 20 months, it sits in my garage and is like new so I am reluctant to get rid of it.

The Corsa Is as much as new as a 2002 can be, my friends cant believe that it is so old considering the condition, and I have put so much time and effort into it, making it just how I want it!

Damn such a hard desision lol! If only i could have all 3 lol!

Maybe I need to find myself a nice rich woman and then I can have it all lol!!! Jokes!! Jokes!!!

EL BURITO
15th January 2009, 10:50 PM
u will get 20k for ST if u are lucky and 10 for the SRI

keep the SRi as a bunky and replace the ST with a bran new Nuremburg VXR if u can still find one for sale

just my opinion

Storm Shadow
15th January 2009, 11:02 PM
u will get 20k for ST if u are lucky and 10 for the SRI

keep the SRi as a bunky and replace the ST with a bran new Nuremburg VXR if u can still find one for sale

just my opinion

He he, I thought you of all people would say keep the ST! lol!

Hmmmm nurburgring VXR, yes I said it I love them even with their poxy wheels lol! But think and arden blue or black would be the go for me lol!

Sentimental attachment to the Corsa, ST fun to drive and is my baby atm!

hmmm!!

liking the advice keep it comming, I do value all of your opinions!

EL BURITO
15th January 2009, 11:08 PM
He he, I thought you of all people would say keep the ST! lol!

Hmmmm nurburgring VXR, yes I said it I love them even with their poxy wheels lol! But think and arden blue or black would be the go for me lol!

Sentimental attachment to the Corsa, ST fun to drive and is my baby atm!

hmmm!!

liking the advice keep it comming, I do value all of your opinions!
in all seriousness the day (if it ever happens) they start to get the corsa VXR in aus I will be working out how much I will get for the ST. I love the car but would love to have a 1.6 turbo

chrissn89
15th January 2009, 11:12 PM
Or you could do the sensible thing and keep both cars and just enjoy your pay rise. Save up for a few months or a year and then see what you can buy. Plus you love both your cars.

As much as i love the VXR, i say hold on a few months and then see what you think. Kid in a candy store. One more thing to add VRX's have 19'' rims check out how much each tyre costs. Im sure if you have a test drive you'll fall in love with the power and just buy one anyway.

Storm Shadow
15th January 2009, 11:25 PM
Or you could do the sensible thing and keep both cars and just enjoy your pay rise. Save up for a few months or a year and then see what you can buy. Plus you love both your cars.

As much as i love the VXR, i say hold on a few months and then see what you think. Kid in a candy store. One more thing to add VRX's have 19'' rims check out how much each tyre costs. Im sure if you have a test drive you'll fall in love with the power and just buy one anyway.

Agreed!!!! I am going to do the sensible thing for sure and at the moment just pipe dreams lol!

I'm not going to just go and make a rash decision, every time I turn the key in the Corsa and ST I am so so so so happy!

I have to admit I took an 07 SRI'T and a VXR for a test drive. It was really nice and a pleasure to drive, but it did not leave a smile on my face like my little hatches do!

Perhaps I will wait like EL BURITO and hope HSV plays on our dreams and brings the VXR corsa into the country!

Originaldoc
15th January 2009, 11:41 PM
Lol you forgetting you on an opel forum here ;) most of the people are going to say ditch the ford haha , But seriously DITCH THE FORD :D

I did and i never looked back , Id take my stock Corsa over my old TX3 anyday even if it is a bit slower. Its fun to drive.

Just ask yourself which car is more fun to drive and then you have your answer.

rjastra
16th January 2009, 09:46 AM
Sell one of your cars.... take your extra pay and buy a property off someone desperate to sell :) I am assuming you don't already own a property.

Quick question... why so few Kms on the Fiesta? Would the same thing happen to any new car you bought?

Of course you could buy a ... USED... VXR. They should be going cheap in the current climate of uncertainty :)

JohnBu
16th January 2009, 10:10 AM
keep both of them and don't get a VXR

you have 2 cars personally, or have 2 cars between 2 people?

if you have 2 cars you drive yourself, sell the ST. No point having 2 newish cars.

If you have a partner, sell the Barina. 2 people get to drive two newish cars.

Me? i wouldn't get a new car just because I got a payrise.

GreyRex
16th January 2009, 10:19 AM
keep both of them and don't get a VXR

you have 2 cars personally, or have 2 cars between 2 people?

if you have 2 cars you drive yourself, sell the ST. No point having 2 newish cars.

If you have a partner, sell the Barina. 2 people get to drive two newish cars.

Me? i wouldn't get a new car just because I got a payrise.

Agreed

Storm Shadow
16th January 2009, 12:57 PM
Sell one of your cars.... take your extra pay and buy a property off someone desperate to sell :) I am assuming you don't already own a property.

Quick question... why so few Kms on the Fiesta? Would the same thing happen to any new car you bought?

Of course you could buy a ... USED... VXR. They should be going cheap in the current climate of uncertainty :)

Already have property so that is all sorted!

As for the low Kms, the ST is my weekend car I enjoy it every now and again, I know it may sound stupid to some people but hey we are all our own people.

As for used VXR'x its actually cheaper to buy one that has been sitting in a yard, people want just as much for their used ones!

Storm Shadow
16th January 2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the advice guys like i said just playing with some ideas!

I was always going to do the sensible thing.

Think I have decided to keep them both and juts enjoy the pay rise.

Will see what happens at the end of the year and may trade both in for something else.

Wraith
19th January 2009, 08:55 AM
Just a little post to gauge some advice!

Well as many of you may know I have my Corsa C and Fiesta ST.

I love both of them a whole lot and would never have contemplated trading or selling either of them. However a spanner was thrown in the works today. Seems that Paramedics in South Australia are about to get a fairly decent pay rise, yay for us lol!

So now I am really starting to consider a VXR, I guess my options are!

1. sell or trade both my current cars and go for the VXR

2. sell or trade the corsa and keep the ST, means life will be a little tighter but I get the ST and a VXR.

Hmmm what to do, I love my Corsa so much and just dont want to get rid of it!!!

Maybe VXR is just a dream that i should get over lol!

Having always been a multipal car owner myself now for the last 25 years and always having to consider the exact same scenarios, here's my advice...

1st. you need to ask yourself, what will the cars you acquire be used for or what is there primary role for you ??

If you are buying or want to get the VXR as you pride and joy/weekender/occasionally driven vehicle, then obviously you'll want to keep one of the other 2 as your daily drive...

If you can then afford the insurance and reg and all other running costs for 2 or more cars, you can definitely go ahead with the plan :)

If the VXR is the occaisionally driven car, then with the remainibg 2 cars you have, you have to decide which will be best as the DD, regardless how you feel about them, pick the one which is newer/more reliable/costs less to run (I suspect the Fiesta will be better)...

It's always good IMHO when owning multiple cars to have as much variaty as possible, that what alot of the enjoyment in multiple car ownership is all about :)

Good luck with it :)