PDA

View Full Version : Motor Magazine 400kw+ Weapons

CORZZA
14th January 2009, 01:52 PM
Very interesting read guys go have a look see.

Walkinshaw Clubsport:

Power: 470kw & 770Nm

0-100: 5.1 sec

0-400m: 13.2 @ 182.9km/h

CSV Sportswagon:

Power: 400kw & 680Nm

0-100: 5.0 Sec

0-400m: 13.1 @ 181.8km/h

Herrod G6E Turbo:

Power: 400kw & 780Nm

0-100: 5.4 Sec

0-400m: 13.6 @ 174km/h

mr corsa
14th January 2009, 02:03 PM
pics?

Wraith
14th January 2009, 03:43 PM
Very interesting read guys go have a look see.

Walkinshaw Clubsport:

Power: 470kw & 770Nm

0-100: 5.1 sec

0-400m: 13.2 @ 182.9km/h

CSV Sportswagon:

Power: 400kw & 680Nm

0-100: 5.0 Sec

0-400m: 13.1 @ 181.8km/h

Herrod G6E Turbo:

Power: 400kw & 780Nm

0-100: 5.4 Sec

0-400m: 13.6 @ 174km/h

It is a shame though that with such big power and torque numbers, the times arn't alot better than that, even if they are big and heavy cars - just goes to show power/torque ain't everything, you need to get it to the ground AWD is the way ahead ;)

CORZZA
14th January 2009, 03:56 PM
Thats correct. The clubsport had 22" wheels on! Not needed 19" with wider rubber would be more than enough.

But I guess if you going to the track throwing some Micky Thomsons would do the job

kabel
14th January 2009, 09:49 PM
Just bought this 30 mins ago !

CORZZA
14th January 2009, 09:54 PM
I guess you havent read it yet?

Interesting stuff though

kabel
15th January 2009, 12:26 AM
I guess you havent read it yet?

Interesting stuff though

Not yet...lunchbreak tomorrow, a little lite reading to take my mind off drawing houses !

Apex
15th January 2009, 06:33 AM
All those times are about the same or slower than what I have seen stock versions tested at.

The FPV-F6 was recently crowned NZ car of the year and the mag that tested it got it to run 4.8* seconds to 100 on a drag strip.

Motor test slower times than most mags on the market, does anyone know why this is? Maybe they test with passengers on a back road.

CORZZA
15th January 2009, 07:34 AM
All those times are about the same or slower than what I have seen stock versions tested at.

The FPV-F6 was recently crowned NZ car of the year and the mag that tested it got it to run 4.8* seconds to 100 on a drag strip.

Motor test slower times than most mags on the market, does anyone know why this is? Maybe they test with passengers on a back road.

Yes Motor magazine do not know how to test times!

I think they use a GPS or something so the moment they move the time starts. so a little slip up may give a false reading

Wraith
15th January 2009, 08:30 AM
Not yet...lunchbreak tomorrow, a little lite reading to take my mind off drawing houses !

Apologies to stray off topic, but just asking - you draw houses Kabel, so your a structural or architectural draftsman ??

If so good to see another person here involved in 'similar' work to what I do, although I don't have much to do with the residential side of things these days, I'm involved with the large Building and industrial sector :)

Wraith
15th January 2009, 08:34 AM
Yes Motor magazine do not know how to test times!

I think they use a GPS or something so the moment they move the time starts. so a little slip up may give a false reading

Interesting, are you sure CORZZA, last I read they use the 'coriveit' (not sure about the spelling) system which is a hardware device that's mounted on the car itself and is extremely accurate...but not sure if they're still using that system ??

Also interesting how Motor Mag. times are always quicker for the same vehicles, compared with Wheels Mag. tests...AFAIK both of them run the car with driver and passenger and at least half tank of fuel ?? could be wrong about that too though...

CORZZA
15th January 2009, 02:49 PM
Mate you could well be right.

I read in one of their mags that they use a GPS device. could be the one you mentioned. But I do know for a fact slight movement triggers the timer. So its twitchy

xplosv57
15th January 2009, 07:38 PM
I got Motor mag in the mail last week, saw the cover and got all excited, then was so let down by the 1/4 mile times!!

That much power and next to no difference from stock is pretty disappointing!!

Love the look of the Herrod Falcon, and the VE Sportswagon squatting is quite funny!!

I'd personally choose the Walkinshaw package though, but i'd start off with a Maloo and i wouldn't be putting 1/2 the dumb stuff that's on the Clubby, like those 22" wheels with 25 profile tyres, geez!!

d.c.
15th January 2009, 08:42 PM
Interesting, are you sure CORZZA, last I read they use the 'coriveit' (not sure about the spelling) system which is a hardware device that's mounted on the car itself and is extremely accurate...but not sure if they're still using that system ??

Motor use the performance box (http://www.racerindustries.com) for their testing they gave up the 'coriveit' (also not sure about the spelling) because they are about 20x more expensive than the performance box, far harder to use with less functions and not much more accurate.

Back on the cars:
Motor never seem to great times from modified cars and they always complain about most of the mods or how the rest of the car is not good enough to handle the extra power.

poita
15th January 2009, 08:44 PM
maybe motor need to give em to someone else to test.

wat did they test em on, a dirty runway?

CORZZA
15th January 2009, 09:06 PM
There are many a 400kw XR6T and SS supercharged doing 12.5 1/4 mile times.

So im not sure if these guys know how to use their equipment

Ed_
18th January 2009, 12:40 PM
The times Motor runs are generally recorded on shitty, coarse Aussie roads or local airfields, using the stock tyres in real world conditions. If you take off at the lights, you're probably not going to have slicks on, and the bitumen underneath is probably going to be pretty crap, hence they don't test it on a drag strip with slicks.