PDA

View Full Version : VW Bluesport Roadster Concept

MatsHolden
12th January 2009, 10:54 AM
Unveiled at Detroit.

http://photos.leftlanenews.com/photos/imageresizeronfly/phpThumb.php?src=/photos/content/january2009/vw-blue-live-2.jpg&w=1024

http://photos.leftlanenews.com/photos/imageresizeronfly/phpThumb.php?src=/photos/content/january2009/vw-blue-live-3.jpg&w=1500&w=1024

poita
12th January 2009, 11:01 AM
needs a big fat set on 22's and lowering :)

i know its probably nothing like it, but overall shape looks s2000 to me.

Wraith
12th January 2009, 11:01 AM
Very nice and very Audi-sh although looks based on the Scirocco:)

Wheels look like a spin off of the current S5's wheels :)

MatsHolden
12th January 2009, 11:07 AM
Suggessted to share it's platform with the upcoming Porsche 914.

9090GO
12th January 2009, 11:15 AM
Looks just like the Audi TTS with VW badges on it lol.

poita
12th January 2009, 11:16 AM

really?

http://www.zcars.com.au/images/audi-tts-roadster12.jpg

MatsHolden
12th January 2009, 11:21 AM

Audi TT was definately not on my mind when I saw the VW concept. You sure you're looking at the same images? lol

Wraith
12th January 2009, 11:55 AM
really?

+ 1

Being very involved with the TTS myself ATM I don't see any similarity at all :confused:

However what does come to my mind are the concept pics I've seen of a rumoured Audi R4, will have to post some pics tonight from home :)

imay
12th January 2009, 11:59 AM
Spot on Ange! Many design features from the magnificent Audi A3 cabriolet (I had one for an afternoon test drive recently . . . hmmmm nice!) with a big influence from the VW Scirocco . . . and maybe even a hint of Honda S2000 in that lot?

I like . . . I like very much!

poita
12th January 2009, 12:01 PM
i know its probably nothing like it, but overall shape looks s2000 to me.

and maybe even a hint of Honda S2000 in that lot?

wooooooooo im not going crazy.......

Wraith
12th January 2009, 01:04 PM
Spot on Ange! Many design features from the magnificent Audi A3 cabriolet (I had one for an afternoon test drive recently . . . hmmmm nice!) with a big influence from the VW Scirocco . . . and maybe even a hint of Honda S2000 in that lot?

I like . . . I like very much!

:eek: You test drove a new A3 vert for a whole afternoon.....AWESOME, you been holding out on me :D hope you end up getting one...

I too love that model Audi, pity I've already got a soft top I'm in love with and never want to give it up, otherwise this new A3 vert might've been a goer...tough choice on a new vert though as ATM there are so many nice ones to choose from, both soft and hard top, I still have a strong liking for the Eos and smaller less practical Pug. 207CC :)

imay
12th January 2009, 01:46 PM
Ange: 2.0 turbo, 6 spd DSG, 18" alloys, silver with red leather, 1200km on the clock and was offered to drive it away for less than $60k . . . but graciously declined.
I absolutely loved it but wouldn't have one.
Had the discussion with the sales boffin as to why I would spend that sort of money, when I could go next door and buy an Eos for $20k less and he got a little upset with the comparison I was making. Same mechanical package, same size, same driveability . . .

I just couldn't see where the extra dollars could be warranted, specially considering all the benefits of the Eos triple roof system (topless, coupe, sliding sun roof).
And as much as I loved the roof operation, I really didn't like the idea of the leading/front panel of the fabric roof being (in effect) the tonneau when folded down. This means that the leading panel of the roof is always exposed to the elements.

Don't get me wrong . . . the A3 is a lovely package and great fun to drive . . . but in the end it really is not a quantum leap forward from what we already drive in terms of a daily driver. Found too many little things I didn't like to consider it seriously.

However . . . that hasn't stopped me from spending the occassional RDO doing the rounds of the dealers to see what is on offer! I think I'll patiently wait and see if this new offering from VW ever makes it into production (and all the way over here!). There's plenty of other offerings on my list of cars to try out yet.

Wraith
12th January 2009, 02:04 PM
Ange: 2.0 turbo, 6 spd DSG, 18" alloys, silver with red leather, 1200km on the clock and was offered to drive it away for less than $60k . . . but graciously declined.
I absolutely loved it but wouldn't have one.
Had the discussion with the sales boffin as to why I would spend that sort of money, when I could go next door and buy an Eos for $20k less and he got a little upset with the comparison I was making. Same mechanical package, same size, same driveability . . .

I just couldn't see where the extra dollars could be warranted, specially considering all the benefits of the Eos triple roof system (topless, coupe, sliding sun roof).
And as much as I loved the roof operation, I really didn't like the idea of the leading/front panel of the fabric roof being (in effect) the tonneau when folded down. This means that the leading panel of the roof is always exposed to the elements.

Don't get me wrong . . . the A3 is a lovely package and great fun to drive . . . but in the end it really is not a quantum leap forward from what we already drive in terms of a daily driver. Found too many little things I didn't like to consider it seriously.

However . . . that hasn't stopped me from spending the occassional RDO doing the rounds of the dealers to see what is on offer! I think I'll patiently wait and see if this new offering from VW ever makes it into production (and all the way over here!). There's plenty of other offerings on my list of cars to try out yet.

That's a fair assessment and decision Ian, the extra $$$ is obviously in the brand Audi like all exotics...you pay a premium for the name :mad:

At least if the A3 vert had a major part of it being made out of an aluminium space frame, the sales boffin could've used that as an excuse for some of the extra expense LOL...

Eos for the money is hard to beat, as said I too very much like that vehicle :)

As for this bluesport concept, for those interested check out this link from a U.K TT forum I'm a member of, it shows more pics and info on it and further down the page, there's another post showing a possible Audi variant of the same vehicle, some suggestion this may even replace the TT range ?? all interesting...

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=130586

NEMO
12th January 2009, 05:11 PM
s2000 with mx-5 flares and a pinch of TT.

Shaun
13th January 2009, 12:22 AM
I would buy one... Nice car.