PDA

View Full Version : X16XE Exhaust Camshaft Sprocket

sbgodhelpmebarina
9th January 2009, 04:33 PM
Hi,
I've just been re-building my daughters SB Barina after a Timing Belt failure and was having a heap of trouble getting the new belt on (if anyone knows any tips, please let me know) when I accidentally broke one of the lugs off the exhaust camshaft sprocket!! After many expletives I got down to trying to order a new one only to find that they are no longer available through GMH! I then tried numerous wreckers Australia wide with no sucess, apparently the X16XE motor/parts are quite rare to find at wreckers. I'm now making inquiries into wether it can be welded but I don't like my chances as it's some kind of cast material. If anyone could help me out with any advice or may know the wereabouts of a sprocket, it would be most appreciated! The part # on the sprocket is: 90412898 GM 2008062.

auzvectra
9th January 2009, 06:09 PM
goto ebay.co.uk
ur best chance of finding 1, took me a while to work out what u meant.
they are for the cam timing, so do NOT try to fix it, if slightly out it'll throw the timing out.
also the C16XE should be the same, and more avaliable too, i think the astra f had the C16XE in it aswell.

sbgodhelpmebarina
10th January 2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks AUSVECTRA, I'll give ebay a go & also see if I can find one for a C16XE.

mr corsa
11th January 2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks AUSVECTRA, I'll give ebay a go & also see if I can find one for a C16XE.

contact carl at http://www.holdenbarina.com/forum/ im pretty sure this guy has alot of spare parts for this engine

sbgodhelpmebarina
11th January 2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks Mr Corsa,
I had already contacted Carl before I read your reply, he didn't have the part but he was very helpful.

With thanks,
Phil