PDA

View Full Version : Holden/Opel Workshop manual - for barina/astra/vectra...

AH Sri Turb04
9th January 2009, 11:55 AM
Hi all,

I just bought off ebay an electronic workshop manual (for $16) for the astra H and it claims it has all opel/vauxhall vehicles...

I was wondering whether anyone has something similar, used something like this, and how useful are they? Keep in mind I have no mechanical, or plastics background.

When i get it, i'd be happy to post pics of diagrams etc (if possible) on OA for members use. I'll post them in the how to's just to keep the site as it should be :D

AH Sri Turb04
9th January 2009, 12:03 PM
Just to clarify - when i said electronic, i meant an e-version. All the manuals are on one dvd.

Nurb608
9th January 2009, 01:46 PM
It's probably the TIS software if it's off eBay. It's the same program that comes with the proper Tech 2, but alot of the functions can't be used. I've got it at home but haven't used it yet.

AfterBurner
9th January 2009, 05:11 PM
I bought the same disc with my Tech2.

It is extremely hard to navigate but has good info.

Indeed it is the TIS2008 DVD..

Cheers

AzzA

AH Sri Turb04
9th January 2009, 05:29 PM
Does it have diagrams or instructions of the basic tasks (removing plastic body parts off the car) as well as the more complex (i.e. servicing)?

Corsa_Rob
9th January 2009, 06:58 PM
Does it have diagrams or instructions of the basic tasks (removing plastic body parts off the car) as well as the more complex (i.e. servicing)?

Get the Haynes manual, i've got one for the corsa, shows you how to do everything.

CNBLU
10th January 2009, 03:05 PM
Haynes dont do a manual for the turbo models:cool:

tez
12th January 2009, 09:23 PM
It is hard to navigate but it is useful. Ive used it a few times already, mainly to get the torque settings of bolts and stuff.

AH Sri Turb04
14th January 2009, 08:44 AM
Haynes dont do a manual for the turbo models:cool:

That is crap! :mad:

Ok - so i got TIS 2000 and tried installing it on my laptop (vista) - no dice!!! I started getting frustrated so i tried it on my computer (xp) and it worked fine. When the word file popped up after install it says that this cannot work on vista - i was like - thanks for telling me after the event!!!

Anyhow - I had a look around the software and realised the detail of how to do things is very minor.

Nurb608
14th January 2009, 09:31 AM
You can get it to work on vista, thats what mine is installed on. Just can't remember how but I know it was a pain.

poita
14th January 2009, 09:31 AM
run virtual pc in vista, works a treat
then u can run and install xp, for these type of programs

tomtom
16th January 2009, 05:28 PM
run virtual pc in vista, works a treat
then u can run and install xp, for these type of programs

or get a mac and you dont even have to bother trying to install this kind of software - you already know it wont work.

lol.

ROCCO
17th January 2009, 09:45 AM
no you need to make sure vista runs it in Windows XP Compatability mode...it will run then