PDA

View Full Version : Injector Cleaning Fuel Additives.

Widseth
6th January 2009, 09:53 AM
Do Injector cleaning fuel additives work?

I currently have a bottle of Valvoline injector cleaner in the tank and a improvement in performance was immediate, which I think is strange, shouldn’t there be a gradual increase in performance as I use up the tank. I’m worried it might just be a fuel performance additive that will make the car go good for the one tank, and ill think it worked because it made the car go better as soon as I put it in!

A bloke here in the office who use to work for Toyota reckons that Toyota have or use to have an Injector cleaner that worked but was quite corrosive and gave commodores problems because it use to attack something in the fuel system.

Can you give me your knowledge or opinions on what works or not, beside removing the injectors and testing them on a test bench.

nuggz
6th January 2009, 09:59 AM
Im not sure if they work as well as they claim to

but i have used a bottle now and then
i've normally stuck to Nulon brand for those kind of applications,

i Recently tried Redline SI-1 and my fuel pump started squealling not long after
could be unrelated, I'll probably give it another try when time comes around

Jerram
6th January 2009, 01:04 PM
I've used Redex before, and as far as I can remember it did make a little difference. Not sure how much cleaner my injectors are though...

DirtyHarry
6th January 2009, 07:21 PM
the best way to clean the injectors is to pull them off and have them ultrasonically cleaned.

mr corsa
6th January 2009, 08:17 PM
waste of time take your injectors out and get them done properly

Widseth
6th January 2009, 08:30 PM
the best way to clean the injectors is to pull them off and have them ultrasonically cleaned.

What sought of money am i looking at to have them ultrasonically cleaned and where from?

Thanks

poita
6th January 2009, 09:17 PM
ultra tune do em, about $70 i have been told, need to get mine done actually

d.c.
6th January 2009, 10:41 PM
What sought of money am i looking at to have them ultrasonically cleaned and where from?

Do you know anyone who works in a laboratory? Most labs have ultrasonic cleaners for cleaning small lab equipment, although they are most commonly used for cleaning the jewellery of the people who work in labs.:)

SKM_87
7th January 2009, 01:43 AM
crap, take em out n do it properly

USC
7th January 2009, 10:54 AM
Just use premium mate..they already contain additives to clean the engine apparently.

Widseth
7th January 2009, 12:02 PM
Just use premium mate..they already contain additives to clean the engine apparently.

Yeah, Im going to start just using PB Premium only from my next tank. More for the better millage though.