PDA

View Full Version : AH SRI-T Value

Spite
5th January 2009, 05:55 PM
Hey guys,

I'm contemplating shifting my 07 AH SRI-T in the next month or so, and am trying to gauge the going rate... But there do not seem to be any for sale second hand -anywhere- in the country. Nothing on carsales, nothing on Holdens used car site, nothing on drive....There were a few a while back for around 30k, but they seem to have dissapeared and not been replaced.

Could anyone shed some light on an approximate value for a late model 07 AH SRI-T with about 15000 on the clock?

Thanks,

Keiran

kaoshunter
5th January 2009, 06:04 PM
You could try www.redbook.com.au (http://www.redbook.com.au) thats what most people would use and also do what you actually did and look around

xplosv57
5th January 2009, 06:08 PM
Not sure where you were looking, but i definetely know theres a few 07' SRi-T's for sale privately on Carsales!!!

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/HOLDEN/ASTRA/private-results.aspx?Make=HOLDEN&Ntt=turbo&state_id=0&State=All%20States&N=4294965857+0+53+497+4294965856&keywords=turbo&Ntk=CarAll&Dx=mode+matchany&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&distance=25&Model=ASTRA&D=turbo

maloo97
5th January 2009, 06:22 PM
Id take a stab at the 25k Mark!

xplosv57
5th January 2009, 06:30 PM
The ones around the 25-26k mark have been for sale for a while, if you were in a hurry to sell, i'd go for lower 20s, otherwise be prepared to stick it out cos new ones can be had for 30k with a bit of haggling!!

kabel
5th January 2009, 09:49 PM
Hey guys,

I'm contemplating shifting my 07 AH SRI-T in the next month or so, and am trying to gauge the going rate... But there do not seem to be any for sale second hand -anywhere- in the country. Nothing on carsales, nothing on Holdens used car site, nothing on drive....There were a few a while back for around 30k, but they seem to have dissapeared and not been replaced.

Could anyone shed some light on an approximate value for a late model 07 AH SRI-T with about 15000 on the clock?

Thanks,

Keiran

There are a few used 2007 HSV VXR`s advertised for 27-30k with 15000-40000km on the clock
Have seen a 07 VXR in a dealer sit there for five months originally at $35,990....now $26,950
Same seems to be happening with all vehicles though.
I would say now it not a good time to be off-loading your Sri-T for 30k.
But good luck.

BEK-46P
5th January 2009, 09:59 PM
This off Red Book:

Private Price Guide $22,300 - $24,700
Trade In Price Guide $18,900 - $21,300 Average Km 15,000 - 25,000 Price When New (RRP) $34,990

Hope this helps!

9090GO
5th January 2009, 10:05 PM
Yeah, the carsales in based on redbook, good luck.

Wraith
6th January 2009, 08:33 AM
+ 1 to what Kabel said, ie: now is NOT a good time to be selling a S/H car of any type !

If you don't have to sell it, then hang on to it, with the current economic climate, cars of all types, normal, prestige, limited editions, or whatever are suffering big drops in value...

If you really want or need to sell it, then as Steve has already mentioned, you'd need to 'price it to sell' otherwise it won't sell, obviously because people can get something better and brand new for a good price these days.

You can refer to redbook or Herald sun valuations for a guide, but the problem with these guides is, they're all based or 'normal' economic times, they are not representative of the current climate, so they would only serve as a general guide, you'd be better off checking what dealers have priced for a car similar to yours and go from there - just bear in mind dealer pricing will be at least 10-20% higher because they're still trying to rake a profit, have expenses to pay and offer a warranty...

Good luck with it :)

D@N
7th January 2009, 12:02 PM
I've been tryng to sell mine, it's tuff going... I wanted to get a new ute while the prices are through the floor but so are the second hand prices. I've been offered around 20k for mine if that gives you any idea of people are prepared to pay for them.
Good luck with it!

chrissn89
7th January 2009, 12:09 PM
20k dam i wish i had waited 4months, i could have spent a couple thousand more and got a AH SRi-T oh well, im happy with the G SRi-T.

Going rate is ~25k but if you really want to sell ~20k ~24k should do it. Sad prices i know

USC
7th January 2009, 02:35 PM
Those babies lose values very quickly!!

kabel
7th January 2009, 07:12 PM
Those babies lose values very quickly!!
Any car purchased new devalues quickly as do most vehicles regardless.
Front page news on THe West Australian today.
GLOBAL CRISIS SENDS CAR SALES AND PRICES INTO A SPIN.
You have to be realistic about purchasing a car
BUY IT,DRIVE IT,ENJOY IT AND DO SOME DOLLARS AT THE SAME TIME.

If you are worried about money invest in the SHARE MARKET...oh that took a huge dive last year also
OKAY
Superannuation.....gurgle,gurgle also
PROPERTY...well again if you bought recently you would have overpaid and now the market has settled you are more than likely up s%^t creek.

I still have the same car I was driving twenty years ago..only now it is a showcar and rarley moves
it was my Dad`s car and cost me bugger all to purchase.
Currently it is worth more than I have invested in it...but big deal I don`t want to sell it.
The value of my VXR has plummetted also but I do not care, I need transport and I enjoy the car.

To be honest banking wages and saving has earnt me more real money than investment portfolios etc.
I know this is off-topic but it is relevant as there will be a number of people on this forum who have sunk money into ther current OelAus car and will be burnt if they need to sell in the current climate.

If you are buying a new car,think long and hard and buy something you intend to keep for a while
or don`t buy at all and use public transport or get a pushbike !

PS
I work just down the road from WA`s only Ferrari/Aston Martin/Jag/Lambo/Lotus dealer and in the last few months the amount of used supercars appearing in the showroom is amazing.
Remember WA was considered the BOOM STATE and there were a lot of young guys on fly-in/fly-out wages spending up bigtime......not anymore.
E.g. Yellow Lambo Gallardo with "Dolce Vita" plates that was driven by a guy who gets around in Hawain shirts has been in and out of the yard a bit over the last week....now it is parked in the yard minus those plates.....do you reckon he has dropped $ on that baby ?
Reckon he dropped enough dollars to buy a few SriT`s ?.....all relevant to your circumstances isn`t it !

Again though ,good luck Spite with whatever you chose to do and hope you don`t drop too many $$$$

Wraith
8th January 2009, 08:34 AM
Any car purchased new devalues quickly as do most vehicles regardless.
Front page news on THe West Australian today.
GLOBAL CRISIS SENDS CAR SALES AND PRICES INTO A SPIN.
You have to be realistic about purchasing a car
BUY IT,DRIVE IT,ENJOY IT AND DO SOME DOLLARS AT THE SAME TIME.

If you are worried about money invest in the SHARE MARKET...oh that took a huge dive last year also
OKAY
Superannuation.....gurgle,gurgle also
PROPERTY...well again if you bought recently you would have overpaid and now the market has settled you are more than likely up s%^t creek.

I still have the same car I was driving twenty years ago..only now it is a showcar and rarley moves
it was my Dad`s car and cost me bugger all to purchase.
Currently it is worth more than I have invested in it...but big deal I don`t want to sell it.
The value of my VXR has plummetted also but I do not care, I need transport and I enjoy the car.

To be honest banking wages and saving has earnt me more real money than investment portfolios etc.
I know this is off-topic but it is relevant as there will be a number of people on this forum who have sunk money into ther current OelAus car and will be burnt if they need to sell in the current climate.

If you are buying a new car,think long and hard and buy something you intend to keep for a while
or don`t buy at all and use public transport or get a pushbike !

PS
I work just down the road from WA`s only Ferrari/Aston Martin/Jag/Lambo/Lotus dealer and in the last few months the amount of used supercars appearing in the showroom is amazing.
Remember WA was considered the BOOM STATE and there were a lot of young guys on fly-in/fly-out wages spending up bigtime......not anymore.
E.g. Yellow Lambo Gallardo with "Dolce Vita" plates that was driven by a guy who gets around in Hawain shirts has been in and out of the yard a bit over the last week....now it is parked in the yard minus those plates.....do you reckon he has dropped $ on that baby ?
Reckon he dropped enough dollars to buy a few SriT`s ?.....all relevant to your circumstances isn`t it !

Again though ,good luck Spite with whatever you chose to do and hope you don`t drop too many $$$$

All good and very valid points Kabel...

It's the reason I've hung on to my Cali recently...still very temted to buy something new for a DD and not worry about an expensive exotic, because of the great deals that can be had for the 'average' vehicle ATM.

As for an S/H AH Sri T I think you'd be struggling to get around 25k even a very low km example, people still will view it as S/H and you can score a new one for under 30k if you haggle at a GMH dealer, I believe these days you'll be lucky to get anything over 20k for one like the example on this thread - remember you can score a new VXR for 35k ATM.

Anyone still interested in a white Nurb. VXR ?? the one at KD's is still there ! they only recieved the one nearly 1 year down the track, it still hasn't sold...they could be open to let it go for a very reduced price...

Ishley
8th January 2009, 11:43 PM
It also comes down to what any perspective buyer is willing to pay for the car. If they fall in love with it, they will shift heaven and earth to get what they want. But at the same time you have to be willing to wait for that one buyer, or cut your loses and take the highest offer.

I sold my 06 AH SRiT about 5 months ago for $27,500. But thats because I found the right buyer.

Spite
11th January 2009, 04:12 PM

Things have changed... I decided that the grin and bear it option would have to do. Afterall, I do love driving the SRI.

Then yesterday I went out to my car and some fskr has exhibited a quality piece of SHYTE driving, and clipped my car parked in the little backstreet i've been forced to park it in! Taken off the drivers mirror, scraped the drivers side wheel arch, and messed the alignment a bit (hit the wheel too)! Oh, they they felt the best approach would be to hide the pieces of the mirror in the bushes 5 cars down the street and do a fkn runner! Worst part is it's also nudged the front bar sideways so the joins either side aren't even any more, so any buyer who knows what they are looking for will think it's been in a more serious smash.

NOT a happy camper right now!!! If i find a dark car with silver paint on it they are going to wish never drove down my street!

People who cannot drive, and are unable to avoid PARKED CARS should be shot and thrown off the harbour bridge to rot in the bottom of the ocean!

sooty
11th January 2009, 04:54 PM
Things have changed... I decided that the grin and bear it option would have to do. Afterall, I do love driving the SRI.

Then yesterday I went out to my car and some fskr has exhibited a quality piece of SHYTE driving, and clipped my car parked in the little backstreet i've been forced to park it in! Taken off the drivers mirror, scraped the drivers side wheel arch, and messed the alignment a bit (hit the wheel too)! Oh, they they felt the best approach would be to hide the pieces of the mirror in the bushes 5 cars down the street and do a fkn runner! Worst part is it's also nudged the front bar sideways so the joins either side aren't even any more, so any buyer who knows what they are looking for will think it's been in a more serious smash.

NOT a happy camper right now!!! If i find a dark car with silver paint on it they are going to wish never drove down my street!

People who cannot drive, and are unable to avoid PARKED CARS should be shot and thrown off the harbour bridge to rot in the bottom of the ocean!

That's just crap mate, really sorry for you :(

USC
11th January 2009, 09:02 PM
sorry to hear mate. the same thing happened to my gf`s car, hit and run..dented the whole driver`s door..somehow, that was the only damage... Happened on sydney road...idiots in their commowhores!