PDA

View Full Version : Penrith Heartland Holden - HUGE thumbs up.

MitchSRi
2nd January 2009, 05:23 PM
Whilst I'm not sure how vendor verdicts go on here, I just wanted to post on the excellent experience I had with Penrith Heartland Holden today.

My girlfriends TS Astra has been making a few wierd noises and they had gotten louder to the point I felt it shouldn't be driven far (wierd noises started during our time away on holidays over christmas).

So we head on over to St Marys Heartland and its closed, so off we go to Penrith.

Drop into HH in Penrith and explain the problem and are told to take a seat and someone will come and get us. Before we can sit down a mechanic asked us what was the problem.

Out we went and he kicked it over, looked under the bonnet and within about 2 minutes went "Water pump bearings are shot".

ARGHHHH The car is out of warranty like 2 weeks beforehand.

So in we go again and he has a chat to the service guys and then says "We can fix this for you today and should be able to get parts".

Even better he has a look at the service book, comes back and tells us them/Holden are going to cover the entire job under warranty.

By now things are looking up for the day, and they tell us its about a 2 hr repair. We then get asked if we want to be dropped somewhere. So we got dropped right at the front doors of Penrith Plaza.

About 2-3hrs later we get a phone call to tell us the car is done and ask if we'd like to be picked up from the plaza again.

10 minutes later we get picked up, get back to the dealers and the cars done, paperwork all ready, we get the work fully explained to us and off we go.

Car drives absolutely beautifully all the way home, and is dead silent now. Running the quietest it ever has.

Some a huge thumbs up for Heartland Holden for the brilliant customer service they provided my gf and I today.

poita
2nd January 2009, 07:05 PM
great to hear that there is still some good dealers out there :)

PaulyJ
2nd January 2009, 07:06 PM
Its not everyday you hear about these experiences with dealers.
Great news for you, and thumbs up to Penrith Holden.

MatsHolden
2nd January 2009, 07:17 PM
There are good dealers out there. Too much emphasis is placed on the bad not the good. People should post up their positive experiences as well.

sooty
2nd January 2009, 07:54 PM
People should post up their positive experiences as well.

i would...if i had ever had any...

WoundWowfanAU
2nd January 2009, 07:58 PM
Thats good to hear might have to give them a go.....

Snotty
2nd January 2009, 08:12 PM
write a letter to holden and the dealership.
people only over seem to give feedback on the bad things, if you're happy let them know!
you never know you might be rewarded some how.

and maybe not mention to holden that the car was out of warranty? you never know they might be strict and the dealer fudged the paperwork? i have no idea how it works

MitchSRi
2nd January 2009, 09:10 PM
and maybe not mention to holden that the car was out of warranty? you never know they might be strict and the dealer fudged the paperwork? i have no idea how it works The warranty was Holden's 3 year one. Apparently when warranty work needs doing the dealership calls Holden (they did in this case) and if its out of wty pleads the cars case, and then Holden authorize the repair and get sent the bill.

Shaun
3rd January 2009, 08:40 AM
The Service Manager and one of the Service Advisors used to be @ St Marys. There knowledge and service is second to none. Mark (Service Manager) and Wayne's (service Advisor) Electirical Knowledge is very sound when it comes to CANBUS And the Astras.

Shaun
3rd January 2009, 08:43 AM
write a letter to holden and the dealership.
people only over seem to give feedback on the bad things, if you're happy let them know!
you never know you might be rewarded some how.

and maybe not mention to holden that the car was out of warranty? you never know they might be strict and the dealer fudged the paperwork? i have no idea how it works

Its called " Good Will" Holden look at it. Look at the service history of the car. if its been serviced and maintained with in the holden dealer network then they will give goodwill on some items . The Service Manager @ Heartland Holden Penrith is pretty good with putting in a fight for the customers best interest.

9090GO
3rd January 2009, 10:26 AM
Great news and you are very lucky. Most of the Holden dealers I deal with are good at customer service but they charge you for it.

DEE-80Y
3rd January 2009, 06:18 PM
thats good to hear might have to give them a go.....

+1 :)