PDA

View Full Version : VXR Facelift

BEK-46P
29th December 2008, 05:00 PM
Besides the bar and the grille, is there anything else I need to give my 2.2 a VXR facelift. I'm hoping I won't need to change my headlights, bonet, etc.?

I got a quote on just the VXR bar from Holden today (all pieces ex. foglights), it's about $1500 + GST. What's interesting is that it's $500 cheaper than the standard SRi Turbo bar. Anyone know the difference?

GreyRex
29th December 2008, 05:49 PM
Besides the bar and the grille, is there anything else I need to give my 2.2 a VXR facelift. I'm hoping I won't need to change my headlights, bonet, etc.?

I got a quote on just the VXR bar from Holden today (all pieces ex. foglights), it's about $1500 + GST. What's interesting is that it's $500 cheaper than the standard SRi Turbo bar. Anyone know the difference?

The VXR and SRi Turbo front and rear bars are identical, apart from the lower lips/cutouts on both.

The VXR has a thinner lower lip under the bumper grille, the turbo is thicker. At the rear it's more obvious, the VXR with the centrally mounted exhaust etc

If you scroll down on this page, you can see what i mean http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16467&page=3

tomtom
29th December 2008, 05:53 PM
They quoted me $1200 for all 3 pieces of the SRI T front. Grill, Bar, lower lip.

Are you including paint and fit with that $1500?

BEK-46P
29th December 2008, 05:58 PM
They quoted me $1200 for all 3 pieces of the SRI T front. Grill, Bar, lower lip.

Are you including paint and fit with that $1500?

No, that price just the parts. Which dealer did you get the quote from? Mine didn't even include the grille!

tuzinski
29th December 2008, 06:18 PM
which holden dealer did you goto?

tomtom
29th December 2008, 06:23 PM
castle hill.

Not guarantying anything - thats the price the bloke gave me at the time, no paint, no fit, no fog lights, i'm guessing no surrounds either.

DO NOT BLAME ME IF THEY DONT GIVE YOU THAT PRICE.

tuzinski
29th December 2008, 06:26 PM
castle hill.

Not guarantying anything - thats the price the bloke gave me at the time, no paint, no fit, no fog lights, i'm guessing no surrounds either.

DO NOT BLAME ME IF THEY DONT GIVE YOU THAT PRICE.
did you just ask for the front bar price?
if yes then they gave u the price for the front bar

tomtom
29th December 2008, 11:19 PM
did you just ask for the front bar price?
if yes then they gave u the price for the front bar

No. It was the price for Grill, Bumper, Lower lip.

I knew what I was asking. I know my Astra fronts quite well ;)

Shaun
29th December 2008, 11:51 PM
Why Bother and try to copy what the VXR owners have paid for. We paid for the privilage to have the Preformance model.

People here bag out Commodore owners who put " Wannabe HSV kits " on there cars. Its the same thing with kitting a 1.8 ltr or 2.2 ltr or even a SRi T with a VXR body kit.

USC
29th December 2008, 11:59 PM
Why Bother and try to copy what the VXR owners have paid for. We paid for the privilage to have the Preformance model.

People here bag out Commodore owners who put " Wannabe HSV kits " on there cars. Its the same thing with kitting a 1.8 ltr or 2.2 ltr or even a SRi T with a VXR body kit.

+1

A 1.8 or 2.2 does not deserve an sri-t or vxr bodykit..its just hideous...unless you are planning on putting some power under the hood, its not worth it.

Shaun
30th December 2008, 12:02 AM
+1

A 1.8 or 2.2 does not deserve an sri-t or vxr bodykit..its just hedious...unless you are planning on putting some power under the hood, its not worth it.

Its just a waste of money. And its degrades a Real VXR. Someone pulls up beside you at the lights in a Renualt XR5 T or Golf GTi and wants to play. Leave the 1.8 or 2.2ltr for dead. Theres a lot more i could spend $1500 dollars on in terms of improvements then a HSV VXR body kit.

If you wanted a VXR then buy one. Dont cheapen the HSV Brand and the VXR .

GreyRex
30th December 2008, 12:08 AM

People like to modify their cars Shaun, hence some of us are 'enthusiasts'

Was anyone going to stop me from putting VXR foggies and my Opel grille on my Turbo... no.

I can see what you're saying, but some people like to aspire to greater models than what they have... or more than like, like a point of difference

Maybe they couldnt afford it at the time, maybe it wasn't even released

Anyway, we drive Holdens/Opels, not Lamborghinis :D

It's prob not the best way to spend your money, but who cares

BEK-46P
30th December 2008, 12:14 AM

:D Wicked sense of humour, man!

USC
30th December 2008, 12:23 AM
What Shaun says makes sense though. Why bother look like a Turbo/Performance when you only have an N/A under the good that a Honda Jazz could probably beat?

BEK-46P
30th December 2008, 12:32 AM
Its just a waste of money. And its degrades a Real VXR. Someone pulls up beside you at the lights in a Renualt XR5 T or Golf GTi and wants to play. Leave the 1.8 or 2.2ltr for dead. Theres a lot more i could spend $1500 dollars on in terms of improvements then a HSV VXR body kit.

If you wanted a VXR then buy one. Dont cheapen the HSV Brand and the VXR .

For the sake of debating with you, my humble lil 2.2 has no aspirations of being a performance vehicle. If I wanted performance, I'm sure an STI or R32 would've sufficed (plus who would buy an Astra for performance anyway?)

There's a "small" difference between this guy (or gal)

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/HOLDEN/ASTRA/details.aspx?R=6612205&keywords=turbo&trecs=27&__N=4294965857%2082%201216%20834%20285%20257%20429 4965856&Model=ASTRA&sort_type=2&__Dx=mode%20matchany&__Nne=20&Make=HOLDEN&__D=turbo&seot=0&silo=1003&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&__sid=11986C341962&state_id=82&State=Victoria&__Ns=pCar_Price_Decimal|0||pCar_PrivateSpecialFlag _Int32|1||pCar_ImageCount_Int32|1&__Ntk=CarAll&Cr=18&__Ntt=turbo&distance=25 (http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/HOLDEN/ASTRA/details.aspx?R=6612205&keywords=turbo&trecs=27&__N=4294965857%2082%201216%20834%20285%20257%20429 4965856&Model=ASTRA&sort_type=2&__Dx=mode%20matchany&__Nne=20&Make=HOLDEN&__D=turbo&seot=0&silo=1003&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&__sid=11986C341962&state_id=82&State=Victoria&__Ns=pCar_Price_Decimal%7C0%7C%7CpCar_PrivateSpeci alFlag_Int32%7C1%7C%7CpCar_ImageCount_Int32%7C1&__Ntk=CarAll&Cr=18&__Ntt=turbo&distance=25)

and some piss ant 2.2 owner who simply wants to fit his Opel grille that only fits to SRi-T/VXR bars. Yeah, how can you justify buying a $1500 bar just to fit a $300 grille? You probably can't... but then again, how could you justify spending anything on that money pit parked in the driveway?

Don't worry dude, we aren't out to violate the VXR elite. We're all part of the same family, sometimes we just like to borrow our big brother's expensive shoes for that hot date :p

tomtom
30th December 2008, 12:34 AM

I see your point Shaun and I agree with you. It's exactly why the furthest I went with the front bar swap was 1 quote out of curiosity. I couldnt justify putting the higher performance model's face on my STOCK car, especially for that price.

In the same way, although not as passionately as you, I get a bit icky seeing 1.8s with the SRI bodykit and the wheels so I can see where youre coming from (although they are factory options and the gap isnt AS big between the 2).

Having said that, are you more concerned with your car's image and exclusivity or are you more of a performance person? It's the question of Ricer vs Racer because if you wanted REAL exclusivity, you wouldn't buy an Astra. You can only be so "exclusive" because some poeple mistaken stock CD coupes as VXR's all the time.

Not my mum tho, she spots that shit miles away.

"Centre exhaust. That's a VXR right? Its 2.0 turbo yer? How much faster is it than your car Thomas?"

"uhh woudlnt know. Could never get my timer out quick enough at the lights"

:dance:

JOY ALL AROUND. LOVE IS EVERYWHERE. LETS ALL BE HAPPY PEOPLE

tomtom
30th December 2008, 12:36 AM
What Shaun says makes sense though. Why bother look like a Turbo/Performance when you only have an N/A under the good that a Honda Jazz could probably beat?

You haven't driven the new 2.2s have you?

BEK-46P
30th December 2008, 12:39 AM

Sorry, I'm no match for those Jazz killer wasps - all 75 of them!

tuzinski
30th December 2008, 12:40 AM
with all the money you would need to spend on a full vxr kit for a 1.8l or 2.2l, you would of been better off buying a vxr in the 1st place.

all our astras dream of being vxrs :p

tomtom
30th December 2008, 12:46 AM
All those who say the 2.2 are rubbish are usually turbo owners.

Please dont forget the cascade of shit giving goes further.

VXR > SRI T > SRI 2.2 > 1.8's

So give us SOME credit (don't mean you Tuz. You and your dirty 1.8 lol).

I currently still have and live with an AH 1.8 and an AH SRI 2.2. They've both served me as dailys (not the 1.8 anymore because its a piece of dirt) so my opinion of the 2.2's ownageness over the 1.8 is the most valid thing since virgin mary's virginity.

I'm also a corners man so all the VXR, SRI T haters, you can have your straight line action. I eagerly await to understeer past you in the corner.

haha. woo.

BEK-46P
30th December 2008, 12:47 AM
with all the money you would need to spend on a full vxr kit for a 1.8l or 2.2l, you would of been better off buying a vxr in the 1st place.

all our astras dream of being vxrs :p

Don't think I could ever forgive myself spending $46,000 on an Astra :eek:

tuzinski
30th December 2008, 12:54 AM
hahahaha
i could coz id know its the best astra!
like shaun, we cant throw him down to our level coz he has a vxr :p
nor does he want us at his level with a 1.8l with a vxr kit

not that we should even be judged at levels

btw i dont see you all going off at Mr VXD with his diesel astra

SSS_Hoon
30th December 2008, 01:15 AM

that u can now buy brand new now for a fair bit less....:D

SSS_Hoon

Shaun
30th December 2008, 07:38 AM
I see your point Shaun and I agree with you. It's exactly why the furthest I went with the front bar swap was 1 quote out of curiosity. I couldnt justify putting the higher performance model's face on my STOCK car, especially for that price.

In the same way, although not as passionately as you, I get a bit icky seeing 1.8s with the SRI bodykit and the wheels so I can see where youre coming from (although they are factory options and the gap isnt AS big between the 2).

Having said that, are you more concerned with your car's image and exclusivity or are you more of a performance person? It's the question of Ricer vs Racer because if you wanted REAL exclusivity, you wouldn't buy an Astra. You can only be so "exclusive" because some poeple mistaken stock CD coupes as VXR's all the time.

Not my mum tho, she spots that shit miles away.

"Centre exhaust. That's a VXR right? Its 2.0 turbo yer? How much faster is it than your car Thomas?"

"uhh woudlnt know. Could never get my timer out quick enough at the lights"

:dance:

JOY ALL AROUND. LOVE IS EVERYWHERE. LETS ALL BE HAPPY PEOPLE

Ohh im not conserned with just the look of my car. Im running a Milltek Exhaust and Stage One tune and about to upgrade to a stage two tune.If i was conserned with the looks of the VXR i wouldnt have spent $3000 on an exhaust and $1200 for a bluefin. I would have bought a set of 20 inch rims and and aftermarket body kit.

Point im saying is we paid to have a car with power (pluse protental power when upgrade) and an aggressive look.

The VXR is exclulisve. limited numbers are in the Country. Around 320 units in total over a 3 year period. It may not be as exclivsive as a Porsche GT3. But for a Hot Hatch in its class its in low numbers.

There are aftermarket body kits for the AH these days.

Shaun
30th December 2008, 07:52 AM
All those who say the 2.2 are rubbish are usually turbo owners.

Please dont forget the cascade of shit giving goes further.

VXR > SRI T > SRI 2.2 > 1.8's

So give us SOME credit (don't mean you Tuz. You and your dirty 1.8 lol).

I currently still have and live with an AH 1.8 and an AH SRI 2.2. They've both served me as dailys (not the 1.8 anymore because its a piece of dirt) so my opinion of the 2.2's ownageness over the 1.8 is the most valid thing since virgin mary's virginity.

I'm also a corners man so all the VXR, SRI T haters, you can have your straight line action. I eagerly await to understeer past you in the corner.

haha. woo.

Understeer. I see you have driven a VXR or SRi T at speed in a corner..... Or is your opinon based on a Top Gear ep that they used a " Pre Production" model on the test which was fitted with SRi T Suspension Not the lotus Tuned Suspension that they use in the UK. (IDS is an option in the UK)

Hmm maybe a cruise to Kangaroo Valley, Mac Pass or the National park is required to show you that this so called "Understeer " isnt what you think it is in normal day to day driving " the car doses not understeer. i have never exprienced it in the year and a half i have owned the car.

Just for record. i too can hold my foot flat pull the steering wheel hard in a FWD and cause it to understeer. Which is basically what Clarkson did in the TG test of the VXR.

Now getting back on topic.... Its your choice at the end of the day with what you do to your car. But thats my feelings on it as i spent the money to purchase the preformance model. i now know how Other HSV owners feel when they see a Omega Commodore running round with a HSV kit on it.

Shaun
30th December 2008, 08:02 AM
For the sake of debating with you, my humble lil 2.2 has no aspirations of being a performance vehicle. If I wanted performance, I'm sure an STI or R32 would've sufficed (plus who would buy an Astra for performance anyway?)

There's a "small" difference between this guy (or gal)

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/HOLDEN/ASTRA/details.aspx?R=6612205&keywords=turbo&trecs=27&__N=4294965857%2082%201216%20834%20285%20257%20429 4965856&Model=ASTRA&sort_type=2&__Dx=mode%20matchany&__Nne=20&Make=HOLDEN&__D=turbo&seot=0&silo=1003&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&__sid=11986C341962&state_id=82&State=Victoria&__Ns=pCar_Price_Decimal|0||pCar_PrivateSpecialFlag _Int32|1||pCar_ImageCount_Int32|1&__Ntk=CarAll&Cr=18&__Ntt=turbo&distance=25 (http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/HOLDEN/ASTRA/details.aspx?R=6612205&keywords=turbo&trecs=27&__N=4294965857%2082%201216%20834%20285%20257%20429 4965856&Model=ASTRA&sort_type=2&__Dx=mode%20matchany&__Nne=20&Make=HOLDEN&__D=turbo&seot=0&silo=1003&__Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&__sid=11986C341962&state_id=82&State=Victoria&__Ns=pCar_Price_Decimal%7C0%7C%7CpCar_PrivateSpeci alFlag_Int32%7C1%7C%7CpCar_ImageCount_Int32%7C1&__Ntk=CarAll&Cr=18&__Ntt=turbo&distance=25)

and some piss ant 2.2 owner who simply wants to fit his Opel grille that only fits to SRi-T/VXR bars. Yeah, how can you justify buying a $1500 bar just to fit a $300 grille? You probably can't... but then again, how could you justify spending anything on that money pit parked in the driveway?

Don't worry dude, we aren't out to violate the VXR elite. We're all part of the same family, sometimes we just like to borrow our big brother's expensive shoes for that hot date :p

HAHA about the expensive shoes.... haha Dont get me wrong. it looks good thats for sure. ( i wouldnt have bought a VXR if it had a soft kit it to match the aggresive power it has)
But at the end of the day you could spend $1500 on improving preformance and handling and have a car that will leave you with a smile everytime you drive it. And looking at the pics of your car
its standing out with the rims you have on it already .

TheOperator
30th December 2008, 10:47 AM

haha. woo.

Your kidding on the understeer im hoping ;)

If not i'm sure any TURBO or VXR owner here would happily go to a mountain range or The Creek or Wakefield and drive round the outside of you in a corner at speed :D

TheOperator
30th December 2008, 10:48 AM

No offense, your car is real nice, but by the time you finish spending money on your car you could have bought a VXR ;)

sooty
30th December 2008, 12:28 PM
AS we all know, tuning the 1.8 is a lost cause (ie can't reach VXR levels), and in some states people can't drive turbos etc on their P's, so why shouldn't they be allowed to change the aesthetics of the car to at least make it look nice.

As for aftermarket bodykits, try to find one that looks decent (read not ricer) and then get it here, painted and fitted for under $4k

The VXR is not the be all and end all of everything....

BEK-46P
30th December 2008, 02:08 PM
I've seen some el-cheapo aftermarket parts that I'm not a fan of, and they're basically charging the same, if not more, as the genuine parts.

And, in all "fairness", the only VXR part I want is the bar. And that's only because it's cheaper than the Turbo bar. The honeycomb mesh suits my Opel grille that's waiting to get fitted.

So yes, the VXR is most not definitely the be-all-end-all of everything... but it sure as hell is prettier than everything else out there!

And if you want to discuss ethics to their extreme, wouldn't the levels you're judging me by apply to everyone who Opelises their Holden?

KID_SRi
30th December 2008, 02:22 PM
AS we all know, tuning the 1.8 is a lost cause (ie can't reach VXR levels)

Hmmmm, Funny that you say that.
Last Time I looked a Certain member had a 1.8 with the Power of 3 VXR's ;)

Shaun
30th December 2008, 02:31 PM
I've seen some el-cheapo aftermarket parts that I'm not a fan of, and they're basically charging the same, if not more, as the genuine parts.

And, in all "fairness", the only VXR part I want is the bar. And that's only because it's cheaper than the Turbo bar. The honeycomb mesh suits my Opel grille that's waiting to get fitted.

So yes, the VXR is most not definitely the be-all-end-all of everything... but it sure as hell is prettier than everything else out there!

And if you want to discuss ethics to their extreme, wouldn't the levels you're judging me by apply to everyone who Opelises their Holden?

No one is " Judging you" I totally agree with Opelising comments. Why do people " Opelise" there Holden Astras and Barinas. At the end of the day the badge dont change anything about the car. What because its wearing an Opel Badge the Value rises 10 grand. We all know it dont.

At the end of the day no one here is going to stop you from doing so.

sooty
30th December 2008, 02:32 PM
Hmmmm, Funny that you say that.
Last Time I looked a Certain member had a 1.8 with the Power of 3 VXR's ;)

LOL sorry, what i meant was that it couldn't, without spending a ridiculously large amount of money :p

Shaun
30th December 2008, 02:37 PM
AS we all know, tuning the 1.8 is a lost cause (ie can't reach VXR levels), and in some states people can't drive turbos etc on their P's, so why shouldn't they be allowed to change the aesthetics of the car to at least make it look nice.

As for aftermarket bodykits, try to find one that looks decent (read not ricer) and then get it here, painted and fitted for under $4k

The VXR is not the be all and end all of everything....

I dispute its a lost cause. A set of Extractors and full exhaust system. Air filter and suspension mods and the 1.8 Coupe and Hatch would be a nice car to drive. granted it wont beat a SRi T or a VXR. But it would be on par with a corrolla or mazda 3 with the same mods

sooty
30th December 2008, 02:41 PM
I dispute its a lost cause. A set of Extractors and full exhaust system. Air filter and suspension mods and the 1.8 Coupe and Hatch would be a nice car to drive. granted it wont beat a SRi T or a VXR. But it would be on par with a corrolla or mazda 3 with the same mods

Once again it seems i probably should have been clearer with what i said. When i say "lost cause", i just meant that without investing a lot of money (enough that you could have already bought an SRi-T or VXR) then the chances are it's not going to rival them.
There's nothing wrong with people trying to modify the aesthetics to emulate a VXR, take it as a compliment that people want their cars to look like yours ;) for front bars, the SRi-T and VXR almost can't be beaten on the Astra :)

tomtom
30th December 2008, 03:43 PM
Shaun's hinted comment at my lack of ability and knowledge of driving

Understeer. I see you have driven a VXR or SRi T at speed in a corner..... Or is your opinon based on a Top Gear ep that they used a " Pre Production" model on the test which was fitted with SRi T Suspension Not the lotus Tuned Suspension that they use in the UK. (IDS is an option in the UK)

Hmm maybe a cruise to Kangaroo Valley, Mac Pass or the National park is required to show you that this so called "Understeer " isnt what you think it is in normal day to day driving " the car doses not understeer. i have never exprienced it in the year and a half i have owned the car.My Response
Hmm, Shaun, I do believe I was talking about MY car. I've never driven a VXR or an SRI T so I woudlnt know. I didn't pass opinion on it. You just mis read.

For Shaun
Please re-read what I wrote:

I eagerly await to understeer past you in the corner.Not only was that a light hearted joke/comment (indicated by the "woo haha" after it, it in no way says "The vxr understeers" because it clearly indicates that "I" (That'd be me) would be the one understeering, not you.

Common Knowledge
We all know that both on the straight AND the corners, the vxr will eat the SRI. You are waaay too sensitive kiddo. Lighten up.

You're a hoon
Kangaroo, Mac pass, Royal nat. Keep it for the track buddy. Don't try to be a hero.

My comment about my original comment
I clearly made a comment at the expense of MY OWN car. MY car Shaun, my SRI 2.2, NOT your VXR. OK?

Not trying to start a flame but your post was completely unnecessary and in ways, offensive.

You practically told me I didn't know how to drive, nor knew what understeer is - doing all of this whilst actually misinterpreting my post.

Please read people's posts PROPERLY before you go off upsetting everyone.

You have offended me in your comments even though what I've posted SUPPORTS you.

I (me), eagerly await YOUR apology.

That means I'm waiting for you to apologize to ME.

Shaun --Apology---> Tom

I also added some quick headings to help you navigate my post. If theres any problems with it, ie: bits you don't understand, PM me and I'll be glad to help you out :)

Are we happy? Because I'm on this forum to chat and make friends with people who share a similar interest in the same type of cars. Please don't ruin it with immaturity and lack of comprehension of comments and a ****ing sense of humor.

DISCLAIMER:
I do not claim to be a great driver or to have any more knowledge about cars than any one on this forum.

maloo97
30th December 2008, 03:48 PM
Ease up turbo.
All calm down an take a chill pill.

sooty
30th December 2008, 03:50 PM
:eatyou::help::lame::offtopic:Everyone is fired up today ey dave :p

maloo97
30th December 2008, 03:53 PM
:eatyou::help::lame::offtopic:Everyone is fired up today ey dave :p

True to that. Enough said now rap it up pplz

mek
30th December 2008, 03:53 PM
Jerry!, jerry!

sooty
30th December 2008, 03:56 PM
True to that. Enough said now rape it up pplz

Rape...? :comehere::offtopic: i'll shut up and stop spamming now...

tomtom
30th December 2008, 03:58 PM
Yer I wish I took the high road and didnt post that now. Seems like a simple " I never said anything about the VXR's understeer please re-read" wouldve sufficed.

Oh well whats done is done.

I'm sure Shaun is a great driver and has abundant knowledge of cars waaay beyond mine but cmon. He seems as sensitive and confused as a 16 yo teen about to get some.

maloo97
30th December 2008, 03:59 PM
Yer I wish I took the high road and didnt post that now. Seems like a simple " I never said anything about the VXR's understeer please re-read" wouldve sufficed.

I'm sure Shaun is a great driver and has abundant knowledge of cars waaay beyond mine but cmon. He seems as sensitive as a 16 yo teen about to get some.

Build that bridge and get over it. Well back on topic anyways.

Shaun
30th December 2008, 04:02 PM

I'm sure Shaun is a great driver and has abundant knowledge of cars waaay beyond mine but cmon. He seems as sensitive as a 16 yo teen about to get some.

You come on here make a claim about being able to leave a SRi T and VXR for dead in the corners and not expect for someone to shoot you down ....

mek
30th December 2008, 04:04 PM
you know.. cornering is not all about the car.. Its about the lines and how much balls you have, technically he was more questioning your abilities not the car. at least that's what i picked up..

tomtom
30th December 2008, 04:05 PM
It was a JOKE. Did you not read the "woo hahah" etc??

I would have thought us OPEL ENTHUSIASTS would all KNOW the gap between the cars.

It's like if i said

"Dude my SRI would totally chop that GTR on a track".

OBVIOUSLY A JOKE.

Shaun
30th December 2008, 04:13 PM
Shaun's hinted comment at my lack of ability and knowledge of driving
My Response
Hmm, Shaun, I do believe I was talking about MY car. I've never driven a VXR or an SRI T so I woudlnt know. I didn't pass opinion on it. You just mis read.

For Shaun
Please re-read what I wrote:

Not only was that a light hearted joke/comment (indicated by the "woo haha" after it, it in no way says "The vxr understeers" because it clearly indicates that "I" (That'd be me) would be the one understeering, not you.

Common Knowledge
We all know that both on the straight AND the corners, the vxr will eat the SRI. You are waaay too sensitive kiddo. Lighten up.

You're a hoon
Kangaroo, Mac pass, Royal nat. Keep it for the track buddy. Don't try to be a hero.

My comment about my original comment
I clearly made a comment at the expense of MY OWN car. MY car Shaun, my SRI 2.2, NOT your VXR. OK?

Not trying to start a flame but your post was completely unnecessary and in ways, offensive.

You practically told me I didn't know how to drive, nor knew what understeer is - doing all of this whilst actually misinterpreting my post.

Please read people's posts PROPERLY before you go off upsetting everyone.

You have offended me in your comments even though what I've posted SUPPORTS you.

I (me), eagerly await YOUR apology.

That means I'm waiting for you to apologize to ME.

Shaun --Apology---> Tom

I also added some quick headings to help you navigate my post. If theres any problems with it, ie: bits you don't understand, PM me and I'll be glad to help you out :)

Are we happy? Because I'm on this forum to chat and make friends with people who share a similar interest in the same type of cars. Please don't ruin it with immaturity and lack of comprehension of comments and a ****ing sense of humor.

DISCLAIMER:
I do not claim to be a great driver or to have any more knowledge about cars than any one on this forum.

Im No " Hoon" you brough all this up .It started with your Understeer comments. Instead of sitting on a forum Bring your car out . Meet up come for a run in a VXR or a SRi T and see for your self to see if this so called Understeer exist. Ill let you in on a well know secret too. Manfacturers these days design cars to suffer from understeer. When you loose a slight bit of traction the natrual reaction is to back off. By this time ESP has kicked in and brought the car back under control and the your out of the corner.
Not too hard to understand really.

Im not sensitive.... I got the reaction from you i expected. Thanks for the laugh . Im pissing my self that you expect an Appolgy.. The way it read is that you have mixed up what you said ....others here also have read it that way. So dont just shoot me down ....

Im not a " Hero" either. But i i can enjoy the road on the speed limit to enjoy what my car is designed to do. I am happy to head to wakefield if you wish to come along and do a timed session.

Please show me where i said that you dont know how to drive and not knowing what Understeer is ????? It was never intended that way if it come across that way.

As stated by someone else here. Build a Bridge and get over.......

Shaun
30th December 2008, 04:16 PM
you know.. cornering is not all about the car.. Its about the lines and how much balls you have, technically he was more questioning your abilities not the car. at least that's what i picked up..

Then why mention anything about the cars..... Shouldn't it have read in even cars i could leave you out of the corner?

Which is completely stupid in that case as nether of us have seen each others drivng style skill or level ?

Shaun
30th December 2008, 04:18 PM
It was a JOKE. Did you not read the "woo hahah" etc??

I would have thought us OPEL ENTHUSIASTS would all KNOW the gap between the cars.

It's like if i said

"Dude my SRI would totally chop that GTR on a track".

OBVIOUSLY A JOKE.

Given the Astra had the right Chassis Set up on a small tight track this is possible.
Lotus Elise arent power houses but they are quicker at some circuits then other cars. Chassis set up is very important.

nuggz
30th December 2008, 04:18 PM
I got the reaction from you i expected.

Thats not cool dude.

Who in their right mind would construct a post deliberately to annoy/offend someone else so they can have a laugh.

and btw, you are a hoon. most of us are.

sooty
30th December 2008, 04:22 PM
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd42/diesel110_photo/floggingdeadhorse.jpg

maloo97
30th December 2008, 04:23 PM
Thats not cool dude.

Who in their right mind would construct a post deliberately to annoy/offend someone else so they can have a laugh.

Ease up champ. No need for that. Well the bottom bit anyways.
Facts first champ cant go around stating shit like that.

tomtom
You are still persisting that I have said the SRI T and VXR are inferior to the SRI, even though I have indicated, VERY clearly, that it was a joke and not my opinion at all.

Shaun
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd42/diesel110_photo/floggingdeadhorse.jpg

Thats Piss funny....

Shaun
30th December 2008, 04:27 PM
You are still persisting that I have said the SRI T and VXR are inferior to the SRI, even though I have indicated, VERY clearly, that it was a joke and not my opinion at all.

I can see you have indicated you were joking... However you now have called me a Hoon and havent even met me. Show me once where i bagged your driving style ??? And just for the record i never bagged your driving style as i have never seen you drive.

You claim i have put your driving style down. When i clearly never mentioned you once. I mentioned the Car and if it didnt come across that way then it was inteneded. We have covered this over 12 months ago. And a SRi 2.2 Driver was shot down in flames by many people who were present when they tried to claim that a SRi 2.2 was able to keep up with a VXR.

Shaun
30th December 2008, 04:30 PM
Thats not cool dude.

Im a Hoon. hence why i Joined a Car Club thats affliated with cams for track days..... Go figure......

Getting back on topic though about the VXR Bar.

nuggz
30th December 2008, 04:31 PM
Facts first champ cant go around stating shit like that.

Dont you think thats true though, i'd bet a nut that most of the people on here have driven in a manner which would class them as a "hoon"

maloo97
30th December 2008, 04:31 PM
Im a Hoon. hence why i Joined a Car Club thats affliated with cams for track days..... Go figure......

Getting back on topic though about the VXR Bar.

About ****ing time!

maloo97
30th December 2008, 04:32 PM
Dont you think thats true though, i'd bet a nut that most of the people on here have driven in a manner which would class them as a "hoon"

Who gives a flying **** about that.
The topic is about a bloody vxr bar.

mek
30th December 2008, 04:33 PM
Meet up come for a run in a VXR or a SRi T and see for your self to see if this so called Understeer exist.

umm. i thought he made it fairly clear he doesn't think your VXR or SRI T understeer's or is slower than his sri lol , he probably made it clear about 3 times now lol.

Even tho it should understeer.. as is the nature of a fwd.. and some rwd.. esp just helps you out with it. lol

Then why mention anything about the cars..... Shouldn't it have read in even cars i could leave you out of the corner?

I was simply stating an alternative.
just to open your mind instead of jump to conclusions. :D as you did when u thought he was insulting vxr/sriT even tho what he was doing was the opposite.

___

anyway to be on topic. I dont think its toobad to give your car a better bodykit. aslong as you dont re-badge your car as somthing its not.

unless this said car is a cult classic or somthing alike

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/Romulus32/ibtl.gif
lolfwd

tomtom
30th December 2008, 04:33 PM
Removed to kill flame

Back on topic.

Shaun
30th December 2008, 04:37 PM
Removed to kill flame

Back on topic.

Im asking.Have you driven the VXR and or SRi T to actually encounter this ? If so tell us how when or why it happened? Not bagging your driving abilitys.

Or are you basing it on what you have read in a Magazine or seen on TV. I dont believe this bagging your driving skills.

its simply questioning how you come to this conclusion. was it from exprience or was it from what you seen on a TV screen or read from a magazine. Getting back on topic though now....

sooty
30th December 2008, 04:37 PM
I was considering the SRi-T or VXR bar on mine, but then realised i'd have to change my grille, so that put that out of the question. The price didn't help either

mek
30th December 2008, 04:39 PM
I was considering the SRi-T or VXR bar on mine, but then realized i'd have to change my grille, so that put that out of the question. The price didn't help either

to add
by the time you upgrade everything to look nice youve spent as much as the sri-t/vxr And don't have any performance to backup ur sexy look.

i was thinking of FPV kit for my falcon then changed my mind based on the pointlessness, my front bar is somewhat scratched tho from a retarded previous owner. so it'd be a good excuse :P

also to OP to see the differences you can go on the opel/Holden site :D

Shaun
30th December 2008, 04:39 PM
I was considering the SRi-T or VXR bar on mine, but then realised i'd have to change my grille, so that put that out of the question. The price didn't help either

Its an expensive exersice for just a bar ...... I heard the Twin top is different again to the Coupe and hatch.

sooty
30th December 2008, 04:40 PM
And don't have any performance to backup ur sexy look.

You sure about that...? ;)

Shaun
30th December 2008, 04:43 PM
to add
by the time you upgrade everything to look nice youve spent as much as the sri-t/vxr And don't have any performance to backup ur sexy look.

i was thinking of FPV kit for my falcon then changed my mind based on the pointlessness

Thats what were all been saying. The $1500 could be spent on an exhaust (with extractors which will increase the preformance) Holden sell HSV-i body kits. (the Old HBD ) which will be cheaper (even if its slightly) then a VXR front bar.$1500 could buy you a Kit Exhaust and extractors and bring a bigger smile to your face then just a VXR body kit to look at.

Maybe they have something in the range thats work looking at and is cheaper and more unique.

maloo97
30th December 2008, 04:45 PM
Talon do a copy vxr front bar.
Also other nice kits too.

Shaun
30th December 2008, 04:50 PM
http://www.talonbodystyling.com.au/bodykit/holden_astra_ah_coupe.htm

Also some of the Tuners in the UK have some nice kits for the AH.

maloo97
30th December 2008, 05:04 PM
Or if you wanna spend some dosh try carshine.
Nice!

tomtom
30th December 2008, 05:06 PM
Im asking.Have you driven the VXR and or SRi T to actually encounter this ?

Encounter WHAT exactly Shaun? Understeer in the VXR and SRI T? Because I never commented on either. I made a comment about my SRi's understeer though and that, I will tell you is via my experience driving it.

It was also not so much the questions you asked, rather the tone that was in it. Please don't start checking my spelling and grammatical errors. I'm really not looking for any fight at all please.

That's the last I'll reply to this.

maloo97
30th December 2008, 05:08 PM
Here we go again! :rolleyes:

Snotty
30th December 2008, 05:23 PM
start singing lambchop
this is the song that doesnt end, yes it goes on and on my friend.....

tomtom
30th December 2008, 05:28 PM
I just want to add, for the record:

I don't think the SRI is better than the SRI T or the VXR in any regard except maybe Fuel Economy. I never held this view nor would I support anyone saying it was so.

Had I not been on restricted P's i'd have no-brainer gone for one of the turbos when i bought my car.

fin.

poita
30th December 2008, 05:30 PM
ffs are ppl not over the sri-t vs vxr debate yet

get over it

Snotty
30th December 2008, 05:31 PM
bring back the shoutbox

poita
30th December 2008, 05:33 PM
this is heading nowhere now