PDA

View Full Version : HID install problem - - HELP needed

aza28
23rd December 2008, 11:02 AM
I installed my HID kit about 3 days ago, everything was working fine for at least 1 day. Then i noticed that my LED parkers started to go. Then my right side angel eyes and right rear tail light went, then this morning my left side angel eyes and left side rear light went. Left and right parkers and rear lights went at the same time. I changed the rear lights with new bulbs this morning but still not working.

What has happened? Have the HID's blown a fuse? If so WHY? The HID kit was installed correctly. Its a 35W kit - 6000K, and is the same brand used by at least one other member on here.

My brake light, indicators and reverse lights all work - including interior lights.

May take it to an auto electric but hoping its something that i can fix myself but obviously need to know what the problem is first.

Wraith
23rd December 2008, 11:12 AM
Definitely sounds like a wiring issue/problem there azza...

If you've checked all your fuses and their fine, it might indicate a problem with the actual components, ie: the ballast coils maybe.

If it were me with the same prob. I'd go to the trouble of taking them out and re-installing again from scratch making sure everything is wired up correctly and that there are no short circuts happening (this is just a case of making sure no wires/connections are exposed) and of course making sure all the bulbs are not blown, use a multimeter and test the coil packs too, before re-installing them, to see if they're ok.

With regard to the HID bulbs themselves, it's a little tricky to determine their condition as there's no filaments in these, but usually if the whole glass body is a deep white/milky colour, then they're blown and you'll need replacements.

If you do all the above and still no luck, then an Auto elec. is your next bet...

aza28
23rd December 2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks wraith, probably wasn't clear in original post... the HID's do work, but my parkers and rear lights since installation have stopped working, right side rear and parkers then the next day left side rear and parkers at the same time. ??????:confused:

JR
23rd December 2008, 12:32 PM
i have no idea mate :(

u have different angel eyes to me, but i'll c wat i can find.

aza28
23rd December 2008, 01:02 PM
i'm getting more and more confused!!

Is anyone using a relay harness with their HIDs? have read that sometimes is required to prevent shorting the vehicles electrics??

Also, where can i find the fuses for the parkers/rear lights and which number is it - before i do, does anyone know if there are two (2) fuses - one for left side and another for right side parkers/rear lights... if there is only one for all parkers and rear lights then its not the fuse because left and right went at different times.

auzvectra
23rd December 2008, 01:30 PM
yeah, shouldnt need a relay, but due to the large current needed to fire them, it could be worth doing. they have seperate fuses for each side ;).

glider
23rd December 2008, 08:18 PM
if you want someone else to take a look at it I'm happy to

aza28
24th December 2008, 02:51 PM
thanks man... might swing by your place sometime after xmas :)

aza28
24th December 2008, 02:51 PM
yeah, shouldnt need a relay, but due to the large current needed to fire them, it could be worth doing. they have seperate fuses for each side ;).

ok, thanks auz.:)