PDA

View Full Version : Problem: boot!

ultim8DTM5
9th August 2004, 10:41 AM
Found a issue this morning, press the unlock twice on the keyfob, unlocked the car as usual but couldn't open the boot!

I have to do it manually now with the key- my uncle saw it this morning and reckons that cars with central locking can have a valet mode on the boot to prevent the boot from being opened without the key? I couldn't find any switches or buttons around the locking area, just wondering if anyone had any idea as to how to fix this?

Its a 02 Barina.

feng
9th August 2004, 11:01 AM
you might try to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes or so to reset the ECU. This sometimes does solve few problems.

ultim8DTM5
9th August 2004, 11:09 AM
No, I'm pretty sure its the lock because I can hear the boot lock unlock, but cannot open it.

dazza015
9th August 2004, 11:13 AM
I am pretty sure if the key hole in the boot is turned so the opening slot is vertical the boot stays locked, but if you put the key in and turn it so the slot is horizonal it should work with the central locking again....

anicorsa
9th August 2004, 11:14 AM
well usually if use the key to turn the lock on the boot it will valet lock the car.

But leave it unlocked and then use the keyfob to lock it, it should lock. Then try unlocking it again with the keyfob.

Theres no switches or buttons to valet lock.

Sorry, thats all i could come up with.... :?

feng
9th August 2004, 11:22 AM
02 Barina, still under warranty...worse head to the dealer.

Anonymous
9th August 2004, 12:45 PM
I am pretty sure if the key hole in the boot is turned so the opening slot is vertical the boot stays locked, but if you put the key in and turn it so the slot is horizonal it should work with the central locking again....

Like what He said.
The inside of ya lock might have jammed in the Lock Position, My Astra did it. Its a Easy fix, Just have take the Rear Panel off the tailgate.
I'm lazy and still under warranty, So Holden did mine.

ultim8DTM5
9th August 2004, 01:36 PM
Yeah I managed to fix it, ended up having to re-synch the lock to the central locking. Someone must have moved the lock or something when the car was parked, the key slot was in the VERTICAL position when it has to be HORIZONTAL in order for central locking to work.

:screwy: krazy krauts are too smart for me :oops:

GOZOFF
9th August 2004, 03:06 PM
Yeah I managed to fix it, ended up having to re-synch the lock to the central locking. Someone must have moved the lock or something when the car was parked, the key slot was in the VERTICAL position when it has to be HORIZONTAL in order for central locking to work.

:screwy: krazy krauts are too smart for me :oops:

Maybe it happened whilst they were instaling your sound system Pete :roll:

ultim8DTM5
9th August 2004, 03:18 PM
Possibly, but I don't remember anyone using the keys while I was there to open the boot, they stayed in the ignition because you just have to pop the button?