PDA

View Full Version : TGA - Charlie Cox replaced....

Theo
19th December 2008, 04:42 PM
Read on...
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24823685-5012985,00.html

Show might be better now.

nuggz
19th December 2008, 04:46 PM
Well thats the first step in the right direction i guess

just like how TGUK got rid of that dude after the first season as well :clap:

MatsHolden
19th December 2008, 05:25 PM
James Morrison should be a great candidate.

sooty
19th December 2008, 06:18 PM
Will be VERY intriguing to watch now :)

glider
19th December 2008, 06:34 PM
looking forward to seeing how this pans out

Jerram
19th December 2008, 08:34 PM
not sure how much this counts for, but Morrison's a genuinely good bloke in real life having performed with him on various occasions. He also does a heap of work with Australia's youth.

WoundWowfanAU
19th December 2008, 08:43 PM
Well, this might make me start watching the show again..... :)

btm
22nd December 2008, 08:39 AM
he was a twat, glad to see him gone

poita
22nd December 2008, 07:10 PM
he was a twat, glad to see him gone

+1 show might be funnier now

xplosv57
22nd December 2008, 07:54 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't James Morrison a musician?? How would he be any better.

Get Skaifey to do it, he knows a thing or two about cars and is currently unemployed!!

hazrd
22nd December 2008, 09:05 PM
would be good to see them actually go their own way instead of copying the uk guys regime

Huhness
22nd December 2008, 09:24 PM
Bring it on! Why don't they get rid of the carbon copy set too!

BYE CHARLIE YOU BORING COCK.

Jerram
22nd December 2008, 09:31 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't James Morrison a musician?? How would he be any better.

Get Skaifey to do it, he knows a thing or two about cars and is currently unemployed!!

yeah but he's a car nut as well. He owns something like 96 cars, and I think he was the fastest celebrity in season 1.

hazrd
22nd December 2008, 10:01 PM
Bring it on! Why don't they get rid of the carbon copy set too!

BYE CHARLIE YOU BORING COCK.

rofl:clap: owned

Brucey
22nd December 2008, 10:10 PM
No one will agree with me i bet but i reckon they should get Ian Luff

When i saw him on Tv he seemed like a crazy, loud and fun person. It would be fun to see him just yell all his reviews about the cars. He would most likely do burnouts all the time as well.

But TGA needed a change, i stopped after 3 shows.

imay
22nd December 2008, 10:43 PM
Don't pre-judge James Morrison. He's knowledgable, entertaining, a great sense of humor, well spoken, a genuine car nut . . . should bring a bit of professionalism to the show.

Skaify . . . well, I'm a fan, but he's really better off doing what he know's . . . running a racing car operation full time and leaving the driving to others.

And . . . keep in mind that Top Gear Australia is just a franchise that's no different to any other. The "label" owners say this is the way we want you to do it, and that's the way it's done. End of story. You can't go doing entirely your own thing.
When you next sit down to watch TG Oz, try clearing your mind of everything you've seen on TG UK (who, by the way have had over a decade of experience to get it right!) and appreciate the show for what it is . . . currently the best Australian produced motoring infomercial on the box.

immenotu
23rd December 2008, 08:12 AM
Don't pre-judge James Morrison. He's knowledgable, entertaining, a great sense of humor, well spoken, a genuine car nut . . . should bring a bit of professionalism to the show.

When you next sit down to watch TG Oz, try clearing your mind of everything you've seen on TG UK (who, by the way have had over a decade of experience to get it right!) and appreciate the show for what it is . . . currently the best Australian produced motoring infomercial on the box.

A big +1 on both those points :clap:

Ive watched all of the TGA eps and have honestly enjoyed it. I think with James Morrison being added to the mix it should be even better again.

Wraith
23rd December 2008, 08:38 AM
I too have watched all of the TGA episodes and also honestly enjoyed it - more so than the U.K show...I honestly didn't have a prob with Mr Cox, if Mr Morrison can do a better job, kudos to him, personally I'd absolutely love and be thrilled if Mark Skaife got the gig, he is by far IMHO the best possible candidate for that position, he has it all and can fullfil every role required on that show and is a better driver than anyone around ATM on the show, hell he could even be the the stig and 'probably' do a better job at it than the rest of them that have ever played the part !!!

Absolutely totally agree with Ian above too, regarding the attitude towards watching TGA Oz. seriously the U.K show is such BS these days and was truly mediocre and simply shit/pathetic to watch in its first seasons, how most people knock the TGA Oz. by comparison is beyond me :rolleyes: